Bengals @ Ravens game day thread

2 minutes ago, A Rock said:

I've mostly held my tongue on Taylor, but he single handedly lost this game. We finally start running the ball with some authority, and he turns first and goal from the 2 into goal to go from the 15 with a bunch of gadget play nonsense. FFS

Feel like he's a pretty good HC & a pretty bad OC,  Not sure where Callahan fits in the equation.

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Feel like he's a pretty good HC & a pretty bad OC,  Not sure where Callahan fits in the equation.

Taylor's record as a HC is awful, he's a loser, his overall record and play calling say as much. Zac Taylor is a god damn loser and he needs to go before we waste any more time with Burrow and Chase under contract. 

Do you think Chase is coming back voluntarily to this shit show with this clown of a HC that can't manage a game or get him the ball..I doubt it.

25 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Taylor's record as a HC is awful, he's a loser

This team was in the SB last year, that doesn't happen by accident.  He's grown into a decent head coach but more importantly the players are still behind him.  

Just need Callahan to take over play calling or a new playbook for the offense.  Again I'm not sure what our OC does exactly.

Taylor lost this game, end of story. Lesson of this is take the points 100% of the time

Wirh that said, every one needs to shut the fuck up already. All this talk of Taylor needing to go already because of this is maddening, yes, but we we in this game and should have won it--we didnt take the shot when needed and this is the result.  Maybe Im too soft and willing to let this go and this will be a lesson going forward. So sue me--after all the Marvin Lewis conservative approach im glad ZT had the balls to even go with the questionable calls even if the result was not what we want.  If anything, we have people bitching about being predictable; the Bengals adjusted by being a little less predictable and we still have people bitching. Just shut up already--damned if you do and damned if you dont apparently...

If you want ZT to be gone already, tnen give me a suitable replacement and then sit sit down and observe.  More than likely the same shit will happen.  I just want to take from this game, adjust to it like how the Bengals apparently restarted the running game and adapt and move forward.

Allright, my rant's over. If I have pissed some of you off, im sorry, but this is how i feel at this moment.  Good night all, lets hope we fix the mistakes and be on the winning side next time.

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

This team was in the SB last year, that doesn't happen by accident.  He's grown into a decent head coach but more importantly the players are still behind him.  

Just need Callahan to take over play calling or a new playbook for the offense.  Again I'm not sure what our OC does exactly.

We dont have what I like to call "Fast Break" plays.

Everything I saw from them last night and most of this season is Joe wanting to go deep and having to take the check downs. I'm not seeing plays designed for the sole purpose of moving the chains 

Im not seeing any kind of drag routes or screens or really much of anything in the short to medium game. It's all send Jamar and Tee deep and have someone be the check down.

Teams have figured that out, and we arent adjusting the playbook at all, we're running last years plays. Last years plays got us a AFCC but teams have adjusted and we have not.

9 hours ago, mhfinks said:

ZT lost this one! Take the Fucking points Dickhead!

In that situation, here’s all the analytics you need to know. 

17 + 3 = 20. 

20 - 16 = 4. 

Make the Ravens score a TD instead of a FG. 

I think Taylor (and other coaches) have forgotten about simple math in their newfound dependency on analytics. 

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We dont have what I like to call "Fast Break" plays.

Everything I saw from them last night and most of this season is Joe wanting to go deep and having to take the check downs. I'm not seeing plays designed for the sole purpose of moving the chains 

Im not seeing any kind of drag routes or screens or really much of anything in the short to medium game. It's all send Jamar and Tee deep and have someone be the check down.

Teams have figured that out, and we arent adjusting the playbook at all, we're running last years plays. Last years plays got us a AFCC but teams have adjusted and we have not.

Screen passes that go nowhere, running into a crowd of linemen that goes nowhere, and long balls that get overthrown.

I’m just flabbergasted at the poor quality of play calls, decisions, and even play design from Callahan and Taylor. 

To start the Bengals second possession Taylor calls two running plays with 3 or 4 WRs in the game.  On both plays a WR was expected to block a DE on the LOS. Not out in space where they could at least have some momentum.  Straight up on the LOS.  Of course that didn’t work.  Horrible. 

Former Cowboys HC was commenting about wearing both the HC and OC hats.  Said he had done both at the same time and it was ridiculously hard. 

I know nothing will change this season. Hopefully they can achieve inspite of the coaching ineptitude.  In the off-season Taylor should be required to hire a real OC and allow him to call the plays.  Let Taylor be HC, a job in which he has excelled. 

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I’m just flabbergasted at the poor quality of play calls, decisions, and even play design from Callahan and Taylor. 

To start the Bengals second possession Taylor calls two running plays with 3 or 4 WRs in the game.  On both plays a WR was expected to block a DE on the LOS. Not out in space where they could at least have some momentum.  Straight up on the LOS.  Of course that didn’t work.  Horrible. 

Former Cowboys HC was commenting about wearing both the HC and OC hats.  Said he had done both at the same time and it was ridiculously hard. 

I know nothing will change this season. Hopefully they can achieve inspite of the coaching ineptitude.  In the off-season Taylor should be required to hire a real OC and allow him to call the plays.  Let Taylor be HC, a job in which he has excelled. 

I'm surprised someone actually considers Taylor as an excellent head coach, considering all the "Taylor is a bum" and "Fire Zac" posts...not being sarcastic either.

1 hour ago, DanvilleBengal said:

I'm surprised someone actually considers Taylor as an excellent head coach, considering all the "Taylor is a bum" and "Fire Zac" posts...not being sarcastic either.

Give it a break.  People need to vent just like you did last night, except no one told you to shut up.

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

1st and goal from the 2, end up going for it on 4th down after a reverse WR pass & shovel pass, failing to score in a game eventually decided by 2 points..  Then they look to have the Ravens offense stopped for the win & get called for 12 on the field, giving them a fresh set of downs leading to the go-ahead FG.

No way around it, that was some piss-poor playcalling and decision making in general.

Still feel like this team thought they got a do-over for last year.  We need someone to come in and run a pro, NFL offense instead of asking JB to walk on water every Sunday.  He's already carried the team literally as far as they can go on his own.  Get the man whatever help he needs to finish it next time, on the field and on the sidelines.

Archived