Critically assessing Zac Taylor ?

On 10/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, UncleEarl said:

I enjoy discussing the good and bad of the team.  That often involves being critical of even good players and coaches.  I agree that the organization seems to have turned a corner and is doing a lot of the right things.  I'm a big fan of Zac Taylor the head coach.  I'm not a fan of Zac Taylor the offensive coordinator/play caller. 

I'll really never understand the hatred for Tibor.  It's a shtick!  It's intended to be funny.  I can understand that some may not get or enjoy the humor, but the hatred sent his way baffles me.  Just ignore it.  As far as yesterday's show of Tibor going off on past players, you can blame me and a few other old timers from another board.  We goaded him into it because we wanted a laugh and some nostalgia from the past.

for me it was the unneeded personal attacks on players/people/posters that finally did him in for me,  you dont have to attack someone in a personal level to say he sucks at football, or if a poster had an different opinion then his ,  so F*ck Tibor . humor written in bad taste and/or  a personal attack , is still in bad taste and /or a personal attack.   

On 10/18/2022 at 4:55 PM, T-Dub said:

It's highly situational.  However, one could make the same argument about the OL.  They were just in the SB with an even worse group, right?

Fact is that JB is hard-carrying a very shaky offense.

too true , as sparky Anderson once said , all i did is hand the lineup card to the umps, kind of hard to screw that up . the meaning is .  since i am showing my age>  that great players can make a bad play great. like t dub said, if you look just at the offensive stats we must of had one hell of an OL to let the qb put those numbers up, but that wasnt reality, 

13 hours ago, stryker57 said:

for me it was the unneeded personal attacks on players/people/posters that finally did him in for me,  you dont have to attack someone in a personal level to say he sucks at football, or if a poster had an different opinion then his ,  so F*ck Tibor . humor written in bad taste and/or  a personal attack , is still in bad taste and /or a personal attack.   

I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt  who said:

Great mind talk about ideas

Average minds talk about events

Small minds talk about people

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt  who said:

Great mind talk about ideas

Average minds talk about events

Small minds talk about people

So, what is Eleanor Roosevelt talking about there?  People.  Guess we know what kind of mind she had.

51 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Think of it more as she was making an observation and not a criticism 

You could say that any time someone criticizes a person.

I'm not saying she isn't on to something, but the lack of awareness of what she was saying is funny.

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Dadgum it…I just miss all those Mamie Eisenhower sayings. 

Ah yes, my favorite of her many sayings:

"Doin' crime in H-town in my prime,

Rob the same motherfuckers 4 or 5 times

Where was the cops when I was rippin' off dividends?

Out writing tickets to hard-working citizens"

Truly a wise woman.

Archived