Bengals vs Saints - Gameday Thread

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

with hendrickson on dalton? not even close, was incomplete 10000%. hendrickson hit the back but dalton never lost grip coming forward for a good 5-6" before he lost it.  it looked 100% like a fumble live though.

No, that was clearly a pass and they showed several replays. I'm talking about a saints running back fumbling but he was called down by contact. No replay. Instead they switched to NY to show a TD I didn't give a shit about.

7 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

No, that was clearly a pass and they showed several replays. I'm talking about a saints running back fumbling but he was called down by contact. No replay. Instead they switched to NY to show a TD I didn't give a shit about.

Thanks for bringing that up.  I wondered about that, too.

I thought he was airborne when the ball came out.

Hope it shows up online somewhere.

But Gumball and Archsupport were knob slobbering the 'Taints. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Thanks for bringing that up.  I wondered about that, too.

I thought he was airborne when the ball came out.

Hope it shows up online somewhere.

But Gumball and Archsupport were knob slobbering the 'Taints. 

yes, they said the roughing the passer call was bull when in fact the saint who did it launched at Joe with his helmet. 

Hendrickson needs to find Jesus and not get 15-yard flags anymore. 

1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

yes, they said the roughing the passer call was bull when in fact the saint who did it launched at Joe with his helmet. 

Hendrickson needs to find Jesus and not get 15-yard flags anymore. 

I didn't like that they were bitching and knob slobbering about Apple's breakup of the final pass being PI.

Huh?  His back was to the receiver and he was going for the ball, feet tangled.

Added P.S. on that play if they show it again, late arriving Bengal who also had a chance at an int and 

ultimately knocked it out of bounds was Dax Hill 23.

Decent change he would have caused an incompletion even if Apple had not been there.

Good play by him, regardless.  

Logan Wilson, Jeff Gunter injury concerns for Bengals

Chris RolingMon, October 17, 2022, 9:51 AM

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Logan Wilson suffered an injury late in his team’s win over the New Orleans Saints and it has cast immediate doubt about his status for the coming weeks.
Wilson missed a chunk of the fourth quarter after the injury. And while he was able to walk off under his own power, he hit the blue medical tent and didn’t return.
More concerning was the fact it appeared to be on the same shoulder he had surgery on this past summer.
The Bengals also lost promising seventh-round pass-rusher Jeff Gunter to an injury, as he was carted off during warmups.
Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told reporters there aren’t major updates just yet: “Don’t know about Logan (Wilson). That happened so late in the game. We will get some information on that. Jeff (Gunter) was a knee in pregame just walking out. I don’t know exactly how it happened or what it looked like when he fell.”

Losing one of the best linebackers in the NFL would obviously be a major blow to the defense, especially with DJ Reader already missing from the defensive line in front of him.
Don’t sleep on the loss of Gunter either given the flashes he’s shown and the fact pass-rushing depth has already been an issue.
Expect more updates on both guys soon.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/10/17/andy-dalton-injured-back-during-new-orleans-loss-to-cincinnati-bengals-saints-game

Andy Dalton injured back during New Orleans Saints' loss to Cincinnati Bengals

1398196766000-dclark.jpg?width=48&heightDave Clark      Cincinnati Enquirer

Saints quarterback Andy Dalton suffered a back injury during Sunday's loss to the Bengals in New Orleans, the team indicated Monday in its estimated practice report.

Dalton, the Bengals' starting quarterback from 2011 to 2019, was listed as a limited participant in the Saints' practice estimation Monday. Starter Jameis Winston, who has back and ankle injuries, also was listed as limited.

Both Dalton and Winston were listed as limited participants on Tuesday's injury report.

The Saints' next game is Thursday night against the Arizona Cardinals.

Dalton completed 17 of his 32 attempts for 162 yards and one touchdown against his former team. It was his third game against the Bengals for a third different team in three seasons.

In March, Dalton, who turns 35 later this month, signed a one-year deal with New Orleans.

Archived