3 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I don't know about that. He seems to stir drama wherever he goes and I don't know if we need that negative energy in the locker room or the WR corps. 

5 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

How about OBJ to replace him?

He's hurt. U want a guy out until mid Nov to replace a guy out till mid November 

Just now, esjbh2 said:

Looking on the bright side...it's a good thing we have three #1 receivers on the team. 

Sucks that we'll be without arguably the #1 WR in the NFL, but hopefully he's back soon.

Yessir! Our 2 and 3 would probably 1 and 2 on a lot of other teams, but it would suck donkey dangleys if he's out for an extended period.

https://theathletic.com/3734344/2022/10/27/jamarr-chase-injury-hip-benglas/?redirected=1#_=_

"There’s no specific timeline on how long it will take the hip fracture to heal. The unpredictable nature of this is the challenging aspect for the Bengals. It could be four weeks, or perhaps longer"

1 hour ago, Cat said:

It's all my fault - sorry guys. I decided on him to to be my jersey this year - it just got here yesterday.

Well that explains it!  Next time might I suggest you get a jersey for a practice squad player or perhaps a player that has retired?  :)

40 minutes ago, dex said:

How about Terrace Marshall, one of Burrow's WRs at LSU?? A 2021 2nd round pick who hasn't done much at all for Carolina, but they have had huge QB problems. 

I've heard this mentioned as a possibility even prior to this latest Chase situation, i.e. as a possible #4 or whatever.  I don't know anything about this guy but color me intrigued by the possibility of at least bringing him in for a look/see.

It makes so much sense to rest Chase as he'll have this week to rest, next week's Carolina game to rest, the following Bye Week to rest and the following Pittsburgh game to rest.  That's four weeks right there, while they could also rest him for the first half of the week against TEN and see how he feels.

Keeping him off the plane rides (three of four games coming up are on the road) is also a great idea to not aggravate a hip injury.

This happened before the trade deadline.  Worst-case scenario is that Higgins or Boyd or Hurst get hurt, also, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to acquire a K J Hamler or Jeudy or someone else established that's better than the practice squad material we have that's left on the roster.

We talked about this scenario before the season and it wasn't addressed by the team.  Would love to have had Jalen Reagor the last six weeks on this team.

Archived