4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

well morgan and thomas suck, taylor could be used on some short quick stuff.

because they play special teams, thats how guys earn the backup spots, is having other roles, typically.

I am not talking about their role as a special team player.  They were kept for being WRs.  WRs play a major role in special teams?  They were kept for their tackling abilities?  WRs? I understand they do contribute on special teams but, they were kept for mainly as backup WRs.  If that were the case, then why do starters play on special teams?  A returner is only two spots as we know and Taylor is PR.  Evans KOR.  Taylor and Thomas had 13 WR offensive snaps against AtL.  Morgan is injured as esjbh2 and She pointed out and he would probably be the one to step in for more snaps, maybe but, it seems they like Thomas.  I would rather like to see Taylor get more snaps.  

6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

same type of injury as Bo Jackson and Tab Perry... neither ever played again... this is some scary shit

I read a snapshot post from Reddit on BR where this person stated that his friend that works in Cincinnati orthopedics where Chase was looked at and this person stated he was out for the season.  I don’t know if it is true or not but, just saying what I read.  

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

is blood flow a factor in a bone fracture healing?

Yes.

From a quick google search:  "As a result, restoration of blood flow through angiogenic mechanisms is a key component of fracture healing, a process of endochondral ossification that largely recapitulates skeletal development (66)."

2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I read a snapshot post from Reddit on BR where this person stated that his friend that works in Cincinnati orthopedics where Chase was looked at and this person stated he was out for the season.  I don’t know if it is true or not but, just saying what I read.  

This is a career threatening injury.  Chase shouldn't even dream of coming back until he is sure it is completely healed.  If that means goodbye until next season, so be it.  He and the Bengals should be on the same page that it's not worth risking his career pressing to come back.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This is a career threatening injury.  Chase shouldn't even dream of coming back until he is sure it is completely healed.  If that means goodbye until next season, so be it.  He and the Bengals should be on the same page that it's not worth risking his career pressing to come back.

10000% agree

Chase must have had an mri before. If it started healing saints game. 2 weeks ago hopefully this is week three healing. He aggravated it but reports are he feels fine. 

I would sit him extra time just to be safe get 10 second opinions. Chase is the greatest receiver in Bengal history . His impact took us to a Super Bowl. I think some others have been as good but in big games or crunch time he is money 

4 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Chase must have had an mri before. If it started healing saints game. 2 weeks ago hopefully this is week three healing. He aggravated it but reports are he feels fine. 

I would sit him extra time just to be safe get 10 second opinions. Chase is the greatest receiver in Bengal history . His impact took us to a Super Bowl. I think some others have been as good but in big games or crunch time he is money 

Yup

The issue isn't the amount of weeks he is out ... As really the Bengals could make the playoffs with him sitting for the rest of the regular season.

The priority should be getting him 100% by playoff time ... And if that means sitting him for the next 10 games (11 weeks) then so be it. 

This is a Super Bowl team. Just get in the tournament with a healthy Chase and they can take it all the way to Tempe. 

I think Zac should let Chase address the media at some point. As some of the fan prognostications are getting out of hand.

I understand why a Bengals fan would have PTSD, but if the team can survive Burrow getting his leg destroyed and be in the SB the next year, there is no reason to panic right now about Chase's career (or even 2022 playoff) prospects. Deep breath everyone. 

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

You don't know that..

Its a serious injury.

I know hip injuries can often be career threatening, stress fracture is way different than the dislocated hips that Bo Jackson and Tab Perry had though. We all knew immediately something was wrong Jackson and Perry got hurt. No one seems to know exactly when Chase received his injury. In fact, he may have scored long TDs while already having a fractured hip.

There is some new media speculation that Chase will not even be put on IR at all. That would automatically keep him from playing in four consecutive games. Don't know if that's true or not, but it is interesting that over 24 hours have passed without them placing an IR tag on Chase. 

This really pisses me the hell off.   I said all off season and camp they needed to upgrade the 4th WR spot.  I'd just as soon give chases reps to Chris Evans as anyone in the back row of the receiver room.  You could always go with two-TEs at times if we had a TE other than Hurst that was worth half a shit.

Archived