So now I hear he's out for min 4 weeks but only 2 games? Browns and Carolina, bye and then back 4th week after this whole week resting. So he rests this week which is 1 week, misses browns game. Out all of next week which is week 2 and misses Carolina. Misses anything on bye week which is 3rd rest week, and then the following week misses most of it so it's 4 weeks out but missing two games? Maybe give him limited action in Pissburgh? Or just hold him out 3 games and have him start practicing with team late in the week to play in Tennessee?>  

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Zac is the one who reports to the media the seriousness of injuries, to date I don't think he has done what Marvin did where he is less than honest about the seriousness of an injury and the time that will be missed.

I don't think he has done the "bone bruise" thing.

I am talking about trusting their doctor and the injury details that he or she reports.  I guess I should’ve clarified.  Not Zac feeding information. Was Marv given bad info from a crappy doctor?  You think Marv made up things?  I am not a Marv supporter for sure but, I don’t think he would be hiding an injury or would he?  Isn’t that against NFL rules and protocols? Maybe I am misunderstanding you. 

23 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

You said, it was common for WRs to be on STs and I said, nope except a backup.  Exactly, not the starting WRs.  And the only backups are Morgan and Thomas and for the most part only one does the most.  I am not talking the KOR or PR.  I am talking to block and tackle.  Starters do play on STs from all different positions.  All you have to do is look at the gamebooks and you will see their snap counts/plays on STs. 

We see depth charts of offense and defense.

I'd like to see the depth chart of ST

on kickoffs and punts..

Just to see their alignment and who is good at what he does..

Thomas and Morgan have had good success as gunners .

What about the rest doing their assignments?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Zac is the one who reports to the media the seriousness of injuries, to date I don't think he has done what Marvin did where he is less than honest about the seriousness of an injury and the time that will be missed.

I don't think he has done the "bone bruise" thing.

I really don't think Marvin was being deceitful about Richie Braham's "bone bruise" injury. It was supposed to be week-to-week and it ended up stretching to months because the injury refused to heal quickly. Some players tend to be fast healers, some are slow healers. Carson Palmer made a remarkable recovery from his playoff knee injury to start the opener the following season. Other players like Chris Perry not only got hurt often but seemed to heal slower than normal from each injury. It wasn't like Perry slacked on his rehab, it was just that his body did not respond well to setbacks. Not only was he frustrated by his inability to stay on the field, so were Marvin and the other coaches. Just one of those things.

A guy like Chase hasn't been hurt enough to know how his body will respond to his hip injury. That's why his recovery time is a big unknown to everyone.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:28 AM, TigerJ@w said:

I am not talking about their role as a special team player.  They were kept for being WRs.  WRs play a major role in special teams?  They were kept for their tackling abilities?  WRs? I understand they do contribute on special teams but, they were kept for mainly as backup WRs.  If that were the case, then why do starters play on special teams?  A returner is only two spots as we know and Taylor is PR.  Evans KOR.  Taylor and Thomas had 13 WR offensive snaps against AtL.  Morgan is injured as esjbh2 and She pointed out and he would probably be the one to step in for more snaps, maybe but, it seems they like Thomas.  I would rather like to see Taylor get more snaps.  

in my opinion, absolutely 100% neither of them were kept for their WR abilities, yes gunners on teams, get seperation and beat a blocker in a foot race, its quite rare a first guy down makes the tackle, they are there to get there fast and make the returners pause, change direction, slow down, etc so the group can get the tackle. so no, they werent kept for tackling, they were kept for special teams. 

that logic is like saying volson is for the offense? like scoring points offense? volson is there for touchdowns?!?!?!?

just like any other part of a team, players have roles, theirs is run past that guy on teams trying to block you, which is a slightly altered skillset to getting or staying open on a route, running a crisp route, and making contested catches. but the footwork and general speed is rather useful in the team role, IMO.

those dudes are not very good receivers, i mean look at the facts,

Thomas, 6 years, 2 teams, including a 2020 bengals team that was terrible, has 30 catches in 6 years, we have an incredible WR group currently, he got no action on a team with kenny britt and tavon austin as the 1 and 2. 

Stanley is 4 years in with 5 catches for 29 yards, this is through the 2019 and 2020 seasons, i mean seasons with boyd tate ross and erickson were the top 4 WR... got no real catches or stats with that team?

eeesh.

I was literally just thinking during the last couple games how strong & durable JaMarr is. How he always moves the pile forward when being tackled but yet is so crafty how how he lands and avoids putting his body into awkward situations leading to injury. I definitely jinxed this whole thing. 😢

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

This shows that they aren’t even good enough to merit targets, let alone catches. 

There is going to be a major hole in that lineup tonight—and for the “4-6 weeks, et al”. Only so much can be made up by the rest of them. 

12 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I am talking about trusting their doctor and the injury details that he or she reports.  I guess I should’ve clarified.  Not Zac feeding information. Was Marv given bad info from a crappy doctor?  You think Marv made up things?  I am not a Marv supporter for sure but, I don’t think he would be hiding an injury or would he?  Isn’t that against NFL rules and protocols? Maybe I am misunderstanding you. 

I'm purely speculating here, but I think Marvin knew it was more than a "bone bruise"

To some extent I understand that as you don't want to give your opponents more than they have to have.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm purely speculating here, but I think Marvin knew it was more than a "bone bruise"

To some extent I understand that as you don't want to give your opponents more than they have to have.

That seems like fan overthinking this to me. I certainly believe it was a deep bone bruise...one that simply refused to heal in a normal amount of time. 

Funny story about the Braham injury. I was at my regular watering hole way back then (Edgewood Tavern for any NKY people) and it was a couple months after the season ended and who walks in but Rich Braham himself. He was pretty drunk and I wasn't anything close to sober so of course walked up to him and ask him if he wanted to take a shot with me. While getting the shot, I asked him what was up with his injury, that every week they made it sound like he was coming back. He told me he had "a fucking broken leg" and that he was never coming back that season. Pretty cool guy though.

13 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Funny story about the Braham injury. I was at my regular watering hole way back then (Edgewood Tavern for any NKY people) and it was a couple months after the season ended and who walks in but Rich Braham himself. He was pretty drunk and I wasn't anything close to sober so of course walked up to him and ask him if he wanted to take a shot with me. While getting the shot, I asked him what was up with his injury, that every week they made it sound like he was coming back. He told me he had "a fucking broken leg" and that he was never coming back that season. Pretty cool guy though.

Same thing.  I saw him during the season at the Ludlow Bromley Yacht club drinking with a cast on his leg.  As I was getting my drink, I looked at him and said "bone bruise, eh"  He just looked at me and laughed.

I remember listening to Jeff Picoro's show that year on 1360 I think, and he lived in the same neighborhood as Braham. He kept saying the same thing on air, "folks he's not coming back this season I see him all the time and the guy is in a cast with a broken leg."

Ben Rapeherburger once went almost had to go to IR for a boner bruise after smacking a drunk coed up side the head a few times

with his dick in a women's restroom.

Deshaun Watson got one at a massage parlor in Chagrin Falls.  

Speaking of Deshaun, did you know that he lives in the Cleveland suburb

of Dick Shaker Heights?  Tru Dat.

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

This shows that they aren’t even good enough to merit targets, let alone catches. 

There is going to be a major hole in that lineup tonight—and for the “4-6 weeks, et al”. Only so much can be made up by the rest of them. 

We'll see how Joe distributes.  it tonight.

Someone on the team is going to have a big game..

Maybe Mixon since Browns interior defense is bad..

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Ben Rapeherburger once went almost had to go to IR for a boner bruise after smacking a drunk coed up side the head a few times

with his dick in a women's restroom.

Deshaun Watson got one at a massage parlor in Chagrin Falls.  

Speaking of Deshaun, did you know that he lives in the Cleveland suburb

of Dick Shaker Heights?  Tru Dat.

Shaker Heights is somewhat upscale on Cleveland far east end....

21 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

We see depth charts of offense and defense.

I'd like to see the depth chart of ST

on kickoffs and punts..

Just to see their alignment and who is good at what he does..

Thomas and Morgan have had good success as gunners .

What about the rest doing their assignments?

I agree. I was hoping they had that but, I could not find anything and you would think that would be available. 

18 hours ago, GoBengals said:

in my opinion, absolutely 100% neither of them were kept for their WR abilities, yes gunners on teams, get seperation and beat a blocker in a foot race, its quite rare a first guy down makes the tackle, they are there to get there fast and make the returners pause, change direction, slow down, etc so the group can get the tackle. so no, they werent kept for tackling, they were kept for special teams. 

that logic is like saying volson is for the offense? like scoring points offense? volson is there for touchdowns?!?!?!?

just like any other part of a team, players have roles, theirs is run past that guy on teams trying to block you, which is a slightly altered skillset to getting or staying open on a route, running a crisp route, and making contested catches. but the footwork and general speed is rather useful in the team role, IMO.

Thomas, 6 years, 2 teams, including a 2020 bengals team that was terrible, has 30 catches in 6 years, we have an incredible WR group currently, he got no action on a team with kenny britt and tavon austin as the 1 and 2. 

Stanley is 4 years in with 5 catches for 29 yards, this is through the 2019 and 2020 seasons, i mean seasons with boyd tate ross and erickson were the top 4 WR... got no real catches or stats with that team?

eeesh.

I don’t recall saying the WRs are there for their tackling abilities, I said, as back up WRs.  The ones I am talking about our the DBs and LBs and even DLman.  I believe DBs are the gunners too or I could be wrong.  Of course the WR backups are not going to have the stats because they can’t move up the depth charts unless they are better according to the coaches or a WR gets hurt.  I guess we are about to find out tonight if they or one of them can cut it or not.   Did you notice they did not sign a WR?  Even the ones they brought in they said, it would be as a back up if they did sign one, well, from what I read.  Meaning, they are not starting over their backups. 

On 10/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, TigerJ@w said:

You think Brady worried about one-star WR?  I don't think so.  Why would they keep them on the team if they were not good enough to play?

Because they are morons at evaluating talent and their own abilities to get what they can out of that talent.  It's the same stupid reasoning and judgement that put Burrow in jeopardy his rookie season resulting in his knee getting blown apart, the same stupid reasoning and judgement that put that putrid O-Line on the field last season, the same god-awful decision-making that had them not fix their problems, which were easily fixable, during this trade deadline, and the same stupid reasoning that thought that Taylor can call a decent game-plan.

Screw the feelings of the Receivers that suck like Thomas, etc.  Other than Hurst, Boyd, Higgins and Chase, all of the Bengals Receivers suck big-time.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, TigerJ@w said:

You think Brady worried about one-star WR?  I don't think so.  Why would they keep them on the team if they were not good enough to play?

Burrow is not Brady.  Taylor is not Belichick.  Totally different play-calling.  Brady was usually behind an All-Pro Center or an All-Pro LT or an All-Pro Guard, or some combination of them.  He also had a Top-3 TE to throw to every year, and far superior Slot Receivers than Tyler Boyd, and far superior Running Back pass-catchers than anything the Bengals have.  Belichick also put a better Defense on the field every season than what the Bengals have.

Poor attempt at a comparable situation.

41 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Burrow is not Brady.  Taylor is not Belichick.  Totally different play-calling.  Brady was usually behind an All-Pro Center or an All-Pro LT or an All-Pro Guard, or some combination of them.  He also had a Top-3 TE to throw to every year, and far superior Slot Receivers than Tyler Boyd, and far superior Running Back pass-catchers than anything the Bengals have.  Belichick also put a better Defense on the field every season than what the Bengals have.

Who let the Pats fan in here?  :ninja:

Back in reality they have the same 4-4 record as the Bengals and their defense is ranked #17.   (Ours is 10th)

5 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Interesting to say the least.  I have always been told that Brady was a system QB but, that was debunked especially when he proved it going to Tampa.  If you go look at the comparisons between Burrow and Brady in their first three years, skip Brady’s first year since he never played, Burrow is outplaying him statistically.  Not in every category but, in the majority.  BTW, that is with a crappier HC and players according to you.  How does a WR prove himself if he never gets a chance?  The backups have played how many snaps and with Burrow?  Did you think they were going to come right in and Chase produced or should?  So to you it is the WRs that make the QB, right?  I always thought that too until I watched how many crappy QBs on this team, and then I realized I was wrong.  

Archived