1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Interesting to say the least.  I have always been told that Brady was a system QB but, that was debunked especially when he proved it going to Tampa.  If you go look at the comparisons between Burrow and Brady in their first three years, skip Brady’s first year since he never played, Burrow is outplaying him statistically.  Not in every category but, in the majority.  BTW, that is with a crappier HC and players according to you.  How does a WR prove himself if he never gets a chance?  The backups have played how many snaps and with Burrow?  Did you think they were going to come right in and Chase produced or should?  So to you it is the WRs that make the QB, right?  I always thought that too until I watched how many crappy QBs on this team, and then I realized I was wrong.  

Don't misunderstand.  I think Burrow is better than Brady.  When it comes to those Receivers "who haven't had a chance".  They have had a chance...several chances.  I've seen enough of them to know that they suck before this season began.  They suck so badly that the best of them, Thomas, is thought of so low by the staff that he got one pass thrown his way.  Not surprisingly, he dropped it.  That forced Burrow and Taylor to force things into Higgins when he wasn't open, which resulted in more drives that stalled.  Burrow and Taylor don't have faith in them.  Why should I?

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Who let the Pats fan in here?  :ninja:

Back in reality they have the same 4-4 record as the Bengals and their defense is ranked #17.   (Ours is 10th)

Not a Pats' fan.  Their old logo is my favorite of all logos, though.  I placed a JETS sticker on my Brother's grave for him.  No...could never, ever be a Pats' fan.  I respect Belichick immensely, though.  I've never thought that Brady was ever better than Rodgers.

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Question....

Who is more valuable to the team?

Chase with an average QB.

or

Burrow with an average wideout.

Id definately take Burrow but the

combination of these two is the difference between an average team to a SB contender ..

Amazing to me..

This.

It's why WRs are starting to be paid  top dollar and most teams can only afford one top end QB and top end WR that are not on their rookie deals and have to get a bunch of other "just a guy" types at the rest of the skill positions.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

This.

It's why WRs are starting to be paid  top dollar and most teams can only afford one top end QB and top end WR that are not on their rookie deals and have to get a bunch of other "just a guy" types at the rest of the skill positions.

The hard thing with WRs is shelf life.  Like RBs they are usually at their peak for 3-5 years then age and injuries slow them down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived