This is Halloween, This is Halloween - Bengals vs Cleveland Football Team

Bugger, so dissapointed in losing.  We had a few holes, tonight with some new injuries we have more and bigger holes.

I hope we address what we need, must win next 3 games to hppe for a Wildcard.

I believe, but do the players?

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

Please don't let me read in the news tomorrow about

players screaming at one another in the locker room

after the game.

Note:  If it happens, I bet it is Mixon.

What an overrated dickhead.

Mix is not overrate, but he's not 100% of what he has been the last two years and our O-Line is not playing well in the run game.  Or the pass game in fact.

Just now, Spotto said:

Bugger, so dissapointed in losing.  We had a few holes, tonight with some new injuries we have more and bigger holes.

I hope we address what we need, must win next 3 games to hppe for a Wildcard.

I believe, but do the players?

We need to hope a few other teams lose some games.

Missed the game discussion so stop me if you've heard this before...I just need to vent a bit.

Why did the refs let Garrett and their other DE line up offsides on 1/2 of plays...hands were on the other side of the line LOTS of times and only called once?  Unless the superimposed scrimmage line on my TV is way wrong, it sure looked like the Browns could have been called dozens of times.  On the flip side, why does it look like our DLine spots the other team a full yard in their lineup?

How was that spearing on Hendrickson's back injury not called a personal foul/intent to injure?  He's tied up with a blocker and some dude just nails him in the back with his helmet from behind.  WTF?

I caught just a little bit of Taylor's post-game presser...was there something about how Awuzie got hurt that I missed?

What a difference watching Mixon vs Chubb...even when Chubb was caught dead to rights, he still gets another at least 3 yards or lots more.  Mixon had lots of opportunities one-on-one vs LB's/etc and went down like a sack of taters every single time.  I know the pathetic OLine isn't doing Mixon any favors, but still.

Not that it matters but I don't think the Cleveland WR got his 2nd foot down after juggling on the TD pass...water under the bridge at that point in the game but not even mini-reviewed or challenged.

As has been mentioned already by others...I cannot stand to lose to Cleveland but we sure do a good job of it lately.

It's just football game I guess...still aggravating/frustrating.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We are gonna need to address both Tackle positions in the offseason

That's a big task in a single offseason.  We've not been able to find a RT let alone an LT.

At least there's something of an out in the Collins contract but it's not great.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 1 YR, $8,000,000; $3,333,334 DEAD CAP

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

You guys Mixon isnt the problem, 

They are running out of shotgun because the line cant hold blocks long enough to run anything else

There arent alot of teams that can run the ball effectively out of shotgun

Mixon can't break a tackle to save his life, he's completely overrated. He dances too much and doesn't get up the field. 

They tried running the ball from the I and in the single back, that didn't work either. This running game and oline is broken, Pollack needs to fix it in a hurry or get packing...too much "talent" and money invested in those positions for them to be so awful. 

The Bengals need to cut Mixon this offseason as he doesn't fit the offense. He can't pass block, get up the field to get positive yardage, break a tackle, find a hole, etc...he sucks...the numbers don't lie. He's a below average RB at this point in his career, they can draft a RB and use that money to re-sign Higgins, Chase, and Burrow. 

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Mixon can't break a tackle to save his life, he's completely overrated. He dances too much and doesn't get up the field. 

They tried running the ball from the I and in the single back, that didn't work either. This running game and oline is broken, Pollack needs to fix it in a hurry or get packing...too much "talent" and money invested in those positions for them to be so awful. 

The Bengals need to cut Mixon this offseason as he doesn't fit the offense. He can't pass block, get up the field to get positive yardage, break a tackle, find a hole, etc...he sucks...the numbers don't lie. He's a below average RB at this point in his career, they can draft a RB and use that money to re-sign Higgins, Chase, and Burrow. 

No RB in the draft will make a shit's worth of difference behind this OL.  Amazing that anyone could watch Mixon get hit in the backfield over & over and the takeaway is "he sucks".  He may even be washed up but in this offense who can tell? Every other team knows when we're running the ball because it's the only time JB goes under center.  They all know a run is coming but there's Mixon again running off tackle on first down yet again behind either of our shitty tackles.  It's absurd that an NFL offense would ever be that predictable.  

Archived