How long is it going to take to get a good Oline in front of Joe?

5th year option for Williams

Collins is just not good.

I don't mind the middle 3 but our tackles are just bad to mediocre. 

We haven't drafted a good linemen in forever. 

Joe gets sacked way too much, and the line isnt holding up long enough to do anything but play shotgun which has effected the run game.

We spent alot of money on what looks like a worse Oline, which is just sad

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Honestly, Collins is worse than Williams is.

Possibly, but Williams plays the more important position.  Then again the Browns didn’t move Garrett around last night to get him in front of Collins.  He had his huckleberry from the start. 

1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

Garrett lined up against collins several times. He beat him at least three from what I remember. We played to Cleveland’s strength. . 

Williams has given up 7 or 8 sacks this season depending on how many he picked up last night.  Not exactly what you hope for in a 4th year pro picked 11th in the draft.  Granted, I didnt see a tight end on his side much helping against arguably the best pass rusher in the game. 

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Williams has given up 7 or 8 sacks this season depending on how many he picked up last night.  Not exactly what you hope for in a 4th year pro picked 11th in the draft.  Granted, I didnt see a tight end on his side much helping against arguably the best pass rusher in the game. 

Do we have a TE that can block left? Hurst isnt really known for that

4 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Garrett lined up against collins several times. He beat him at least three from what I remember. We played to Cleveland’s strength. . 

Or the Browns played to our weakness

they exploited both tacjkes .

Garrett can do that to most teams

especially one with poor OTs...

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Or the Browns played to our weakness

they exploited both tacjkes .

Garrett can do that to most teams

especially one with poor OTs...

Something has to be done with Williams prior to next season. He can’t handle good pass rushers.  If he’s playing you can assume four games are going to be a disaster with Watt and Garrett.  There are other good rushers out there as well.  

Sadly if they cut Williams there is no Cap relief and they still have to pay him. 

d8477b43831bf117a0e3c975604fdb43.jpg

I think rather than "how long" we should be asking if they're capable of doing it at all.   We make moves like Cordy Glenn or Collins and I'm struggling to think of a draft pick on the OL that's panned out in our QB's lifetime.   I think Ted Karras must have got lost on the way to somewhere and liked our uniforms? Beyond that, we got nothin'

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Something has to be done with Williams prior to next season. He can’t handle good pass rushers.  If he’s playing you can assume four games are going to be a disaster with Watt and Garrett.  There are other good rushers out there as well.  

Sadly if they cut Williams there is no Cap relief and they still have to pay him. 

If he plays out the contract for this year, no need to cut amirite? 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Cappa has been fine as well

It's really just the tackles that are the problem.

We haven't drafted a good linemen in years even under Marvin, which makes me think it's not the coaching it's who ever is the O-line scout 

Who iis that scout?

Intetesting.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Cappa has been fine as well

It's really just the tackles that are the problem.

We haven't drafted a good linemen in years even under Marvin, which makes me think it's not the coaching it's who ever is the O-line scout 

Is that someone other than the OL coach?  

I guess Cappa is alright for now but I'd still be looking for an OG that can make some kind of impact.  

Archived