How long is it going to take to get a good Oline in front of Joe?

Just now, T-Dub said:

Is that someone other than the OL coach?  

I guess Cappa is alright for now but I'd still be looking for an OG that can make some kind of impact.  

Karas signed I think a 3 year deal and Cappa I think a 4? Plenty of time to find replacements while they play out their contracts. I'm more concerned about the Tackle position as it's more important and more of a pressing problem.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Karas signed I think a 3 year deal and Cappa I think a 4? Plenty of time to find replacements while they play out their contracts. I'm more concerned about the Tackle position as it's more important and more of a pressing problem.

Agreed, both our OTs are disappointing & Williams in particular is becoming a liability.  

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

As I’ve mentioned before, the Bengals haven’t drafted a decent OL in over 10 years.  (Volson is TBD). That’s crazy.  Can’t be just bad luck.  Something wrong systemically. 

That's because we keep drafting linemen with injury issues, going back to Ogbuehi in 2015. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

Re: Jonah - find me someone in the scouting community who said the bengals reached or he was overdrafted or a likely bust.  You can blame bengals scout(s) for him if you want but i look more at internal development issues. 

Likewise, find anything bad said about the guys they signed in free agency. Everyone gushed about how the Bengals addressed their biggest weakness.

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Re: Jonah - find me someone in the scouting community who said the bengals reached or he was overdrafted or a likely bust.  You can blame bengals scout(s) for him if you want but i look more at internal development issues. 

Fair point.

7 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Likewise, find anything bad said about the guys they signed in free agency. Everyone gushed about how the Bengals addressed their biggest weakness.

Collins I think had plenty of question marks after washing out in Dallas.  He also talked himself up quite a bit & put himself under a microscope, plus he hasn't been healthy since he got here.

Does the team know you're allowed to have a RT not on the injury report?  Why do we keep trying to plug guys into that spot held together by duct tape and happytalk? 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Joe Burrow is a free agent after next season.

That's how long they have to fix it.

Sucks that we are squandering the "Joe is a Bengal and in his prime" opportunity with seemingly the same issues we've had for years.  It's also just been a weird year in the NFL in general IMHO with different teams results vs expectations.

5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Sucks that we are squandering the "Joe is a Bengal and in his prime" opportunity with seemingly the same issues we've had for years.  It's also just been a weird year in the NFL in general IMHO with different teams results vs expectations.

Rams are 3-4.  

Whitworth for OL coach.

I don't need to see any more.

Jonah Williams can not play LT in the NFL.

And, certainly not at a level to be protecting the greastest Quarterback to ever put on a Cincinnati Bengals uniform.

There should be one priority and one priority only and the problem should get solved not through the draft, but through Free Agency.

Someone needs to be made an offer they can't refuse, Jonah Williams moves to another position (LG)....seems like I've said this somewhere and sometime before,...and we get Burrow a LT who will be Top-10 LT for the next five seasons.  It's more important than resigning Higgins.  It's more important than resigning anyone other than Chase and Burrow.  If it takes $75M guaranteed for five seasons and two 1st Rd picks to get the best LT on the market, then just think of it as part of the cost of keeping a healthy Burrow on the team who will be productive for the next 10 years.

Look at what's happened to the RAMS after Whitworth retired.  It was predictable.  That's how important the LT spot it.

3 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

I don't need to see any more.

Jonah Williams can not play LT in the NFL.

And, certainly not at a level to be protecting the greastest Quarterback to ever put on a Cincinnati Bengals uniform.

There should be one priority and one priority only and the problem should get solved not through the draft, but through Free Agency.

Someone needs to be made an offer they can't refuse, Jonah Williams moves to another position (LG)....seems like I've said this somewhere and sometime before,...and we get Burrow a LT who will be Top-10 LT for the next five seasons.  It's more important than resigning Higgins.  It's more important than resigning anyone other than Chase and Burrow.  If it takes $75M guaranteed for five seasons and two 1st Rd picks to get the best LT on the market, then just think of it as part of the cost of keeping a healthy Burrow on the team who will be productive for the next 10 years.

Look at what's happened to the RAMS after Whitworth retired.  It was predictable.  That's how important the LT spot it.

Agree should have signed terrors armstead

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Ok but this has been a problem under two different coaching regimes.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He will get 5th year optioned and tagged if it cones to it, it won't, but he'll be here longer than that.

If he's taken another 100 sacks by then?  I am unconvinced. 

They can option and tag him too but they can't force him to play at gunpoint.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

If he's taken another 100 sacks by then?  I am unconvinced. 

They can option and tag him too but they can't force him to play at gunpoint.

Unless he decides to pull an Andrew Luck he doesn't have much choice.

3 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

The OLINE last seemed to play far better than what we have this year.  

I think it was more Joe saying to hell with it and taking the sacks to make plays.  It wasn't sustainable and kind of miraculous he wasn't injured.

Maybe he's thinking he'd prefer to still recognize his future wife & kids when he's 40?  

The OL looks a tick better overall to me but now everyone knows it's still a weakness, and how to exploit it.

Archived