Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

Figure after 44 pages time to start fresh. 

Looks like the Ravens are going all in this season.  Probably based on the fact they will have to pay Lamar next season and this is their best shot.  

Stealers look to be mailing this season in.   

Browns are a wildcard.  Really depends on where they are once rub and tug gets back.  

All true.  Everyone seems to think the Ravens aren't offering Jackson a fair deal, but you never really know.  Jackson representing himself probably makes it really difficult.  He may want to be gone.  If he stays healthy they may be a contender. 

28 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Browns are a wildcard.  Really depends on where they are once rub and tug gets back.  

Everyone seems to think that Deshaun Watson is going to make the Browns instant contenders. I'm not buying that. He hasn't played in almost 2 years and while he's been in the building recently, until he gets out on the field and takes hits and tries to implement the playbook, you can't say for sure. I think it's going to take a little time for him to shake off the rust. 

2 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Everyone seems to think that Deshaun Watson is going to make the Browns instant contenders. I'm not buying that. He hasn't played in almost 2 years and while he's been in the building recently, until he gets out on the field and takes hits and tries to implement the playbook, you can't say for sure. I think it's going to take a little time for him to shake off the rust. 

They don't need him to be great out of the box.  Just more of a threat than Brissett.  If they can sneak into the playoffs, which is a big task, they could be live.  With their running game they would be a tough out.

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

They don't need him to be great out of the box.  Just more of a threat than Brissett.  If they can sneak into the playoffs, which is a big task, they could be live.  With their running game they would be a tough out.

I'll grant  you that. 

5 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

My point is they will definitely move to Watson once he is available.  They have 240 million reasons why.  I agree, no idea how he will respond.  I am sure opposing fans will have something to say.  

The only division in the AFC which doesn't have contenders beyond the division winners for Wild Card participation, is the AFC South.

The Bengals are going to be ass-deep in competition for those spots. At this juncture, it appears the "enemies"--possibly including Cleveland--will bump the Stripes to the curb.    

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The only division in the AFC which doesn't have contenders beyond the division winners for Wild Card participation, is the AFC South.

The Bengals are going to be ass-deep in competition for those spots. At this juncture, it appears the "enemies"--possibly including Cleveland--will bump the Stripes to the curb.    

Well, we've already beaten two of those enemies, Jets and Miami. As for Cleveland, we need to even the score when we play them again next month. If we don't win that one then we don't deserve a WC spot

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

All true.  Everyone seems to think the Ravens aren't offering Jackson a fair deal, but you never really know.  Jackson representing himself probably makes it really difficult.  He may want to be gone.  If he stays healthy they may be a contender. 

Did they not offer him $50M per year with $100M+ guaranteed? 

Only an idiot would refuse that

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Speaking of Wide Receivers...

Miami has turned the corner with these two Speedsters..

Good win for the Bengals in retrospect.

Love Higgins and Boyd but their speed

doesn't matchup with Miami's duo

and its telling.

Chase was the glue to it all..

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

If one of us wins the Powerball tonight, then we can possibly buy the team (Or at least a majority stake) and run it the way we've been telling Mike Brown how to run a team all these years. ;) :) 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Would guess they're stuck on language making the contract performance/availability-based. 

Blame these $250 million contracts for washed up & sex offender QB's, 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He could easily get more than that somewhere else. Too many teams desperate for decent QB play. 

Archived