Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don't ask me for specific examples but they absolutely have, the networks will latch onto whatever connection.  See it more in places without an NFL team nearby.

I think the main point I should make, I am way closer to Cincy, then I am to Dallas or Minnesota so why do they think we want to see that game?  

31 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I think the main point I should make, I am way closer to Cincy, then I am to Dallas or Minnesota so why do they think we want to see that game?  

Good question, imagine its a committee and some of them are casuals at best,  Dallas & Minnesota must get better ratings, or maybe they get priority?  Who knows what sort of arcane evil is written into those contracts  :D

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-field-torn-up-golf-cart-driver-allegedly-broke-stadium

Published November 23, 2022 6:26am EST

Browns' field torn up by golf cart driver who allegedly broke into stadium

The Browns say the field should unfortunately be back to normal in time for Sunday's game

Parts of the grass field at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland were torn up by an obvious football lover who broke in and drove on the field early Tuesday morning.

Tire treads stretched along an entire half of the playing surface, and video shows significant damage in some parts of the field.

The Browns have notified police about the incident, and despite the "superficial" damage, say that the field should return to normal in time for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"We are aware of the incident that occurred early Tuesday morning at FirstEnergy Stadium and have provided the Cleveland Division of Police at the local Krrispy Kream with all relevant information," the Browns said in a statement to ABC5 in Cleveland. "Based on our internal evaluation, there was some superficial damage to the playing field that our grounds maintenance team is currently working to repair. We take great pride in the strong reviews and reputation of our stadium’s playing surface, have been in touch with the NFL on the matter and are confident after repair our field will be ready for Sunday’s game vs. the Tampa Buccaneers."

The Cleveland Police Department is investigating a possible break-in, and the damage likely came from a golf cart after somebody hopped the fences of the stadium.

According to Cleveland Police Chief, Stanley "Stosh" Svobada, "The Cleveland Police Department is investigating a possible break-in, and the damage likely came from a golf cart after somebody hopped the fences of the stadium." adding "We ain't sure how they got the golf carts over the fence but we're on it, Boy Howdy".

Unknown-1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

With a 5-2 record since coming back. 

The Jets do need to be successful in running the ball. And their defense is a roller-coaster in effectiveness. 

So, of course, bench the QB. 

Obviously this is about his post game interview and not taking responsibility for his play on Sunday. I suspect the benching is to humble him and teach him a lesson that he should be a better leader. I don't expect this to be more than one game. With Justin Fields being injured and limited in practice today I suspect that had some play in this decision.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Obviously this is about his post game interview and not taking responsibility for his play on Sunday. I suspect the benching is to humble him and teach him a lesson that he should be a better leader. I don't expect this to be more than one game. With Justin Fields being injured and limited in practice today I suspect that had some play in this decision.

Makes sense. It was a bonehead postgame statement. 

Archived