Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

The predictability of the NFL isn’t even an every-so-often event: it is a requirement for national games. 

Snidely Whiplash ties Nell to the train tracks. The train rapidly is approaching. Nell is screaming. Snidely laughs wickedly. 

Oh gosh, gee, what is happening, can she be saved???

Wait..out of the distance…look! She’s saved! 

10 hours ago, tibor75 said:

God some of these teams are so poorly coached. 

3rd and 1 and a 2 score lead.  Let's throw the ball with our shitty QB.  Incomplete, clock stops.  Brady gets it and takes it for a TD. 

The play before that 3rd and one is even more egregious. How does the RB run out of bounds untouched, short of the sticks? It's so stupid on so many levels, I gotta ask the question, was this game fixed? To assume those two plays were just bad plays/coaching is quite a leap.

Just now, Sea Ray said:

The play before that 3rd and one is even more egregious. How does the RB run out of bounds untouched, short of the sticks? It's so stupid on so many levels, I gotta ask the question, was this game fixed? To assume those two plays were just bad plays/coaching is quite a leap.

Refusing even to give Winston a shot after watching Dalton suck on a weekly basis, and the plays you describe suggest a team in tank mode. 

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Refusing even to give Winston a shot after watching Dalton suck on a weekly basis, and the plays you describe suggest a team in tank mode. 

Here’s a nice blow-by-blow of the collapse. If this were scripted for Broadway, it couldn’t have turned out any more “dramatic”:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/saints-de-cameron-jordan-on-late-game-collapse-to-buccaneers-this-expletive-hurt

Like I said, the NFL has been Broadway for a lot of years. 

53 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Saints don't have a 1st rd pick next yr. Of course that doesn't preclude their players from going into quit mode either

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Here’s a nice blow-by-blow of the collapse. If this were scripted for Broadway, it couldn’t have turned out any more “dramatic”:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/saints-de-cameron-jordan-on-late-game-collapse-to-buccaneers-this-expletive-hurt

Like I said, the NFL has been Broadway for a lot of years. 

I think they fully embraced the "sports entertainment" model when Goodell took over.  Then recently they've stopped pretending like the league doesn't condone gambling, which was laughable anyway considering the backgrounds of half the original owners.  It's always been about owning a pro sport where they can influence the action.

Credit Goodell for showing them that you can act very serious and say words like "integrity" a bunch in press releases so you don't have to actually have any...

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont know if Baltimore is better than the inbreds without Jackson..

Jackson vs Pickett ...big edge Ravens.

Without Jackson...even up?

They were losing to a shitty as hell Broncos team until the last series of the 4th quarter.

Steelers should be able to pull that off.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

They were losing to a shitty as hell Broncos team until the last series of the 4th quarter.

Stealers should be able to pull that off.

Gut feeling is Stealers will win it..

Now JB has to beat the Browns which isnt a gimme but should win..

This physical imposing  division makes a boy into a man real quick..

Archived