Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

30 minutes ago, Cricket said:

My wife’s family is from that area.  Cinnaminson and Gibbsboro are two of the locations I’ve heard mentioned…and wife was born in Camden.  So, we kinda root for the Eagles to do well.  Sorry that my father-in-law isn’t around to witness the current season.

Know those areas well. I was from the Woodbury/West Deptford area. My sister still lives there. The first NFL game I attended was at old Franklin Field. So long ago, that it was before Veterans Stadium was ever built (and has since been torn down). 

I don't follow the Birds with as much passion as I used to, but still keep track of them. I still only have one baseball team--and they made the World Series this past season. 

Yes, your father-in-law would have loved this season. My niece's husband (they live near Vineland NJ) is a rabid Birds season ticket holder--and I know he is enjoying the heck out of this year.  

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Ravens pulling the Willie Anderson give them the plays stuff again.

I thought he was cut because of missed assignments, etc.  So he doesn't know what is going on, anyway.

Besides, Ja'Marr and Tee could TELL those fools their routes and STILL beat them.

btw... is Lamar still in La La Land?

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

The NFL Network is showing the Squeelers-Raiders game Saturday night and it’s the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception game and they’re planning all sorts of pregame celebration around it. Too bad he didn’t hang on for it. 

10 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Crazy timing. Why haven't the Stealers retired his number yet?

The thing that drives me nuts about all the "Immaculate Reception" crap is that

it was a fluke play.  An accident of sorts.  No sort of great call or execution or anything else football wise.

Just Harris being in the right place at the right time to catch a deflection.

That's why they have tip drills.  Heaven knows the Bengals have feasted on tipped balls all season and,

to be coldly honest, a number of Joe's few ints were off balls tipped at the line or elsewhere on the field.

Archived