Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Agreed.  Houston is winning this game in every category except the score, albeit a terrible game on both sides.  Two easy/cheap/lucky scores by Browns special teams and defense.  Gotta love the safety by Houston though with all the talk of how great the Cleveland running game is.

Wow, an actual mention of the charges against Watson by the sideline reporter...she'll prolly get fired for that.

Hubby’s opponent in FF had the Browns defense/special teams. 😂😂😂

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ravens-hc-john-harbaugh-gives-045934219.html

Ravens HC John Harbaugh gives key injury update on QB Lamar Jackson

“Lamar [Jackson] has a knee, but it’s not a season-ending-type of knee. We’ll get more tests tomorrow and let you know how long it’s going to be; we’ll see. Hopefully, I’ll have something for you tomorrow afternoon, certainly by Wednesday it will be more definitive, but’s it’s going to be a number [of] days to weeks. We’ll see; we’ll see if he can go back this week. If not, it’ll be some time after that shortly.”

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

“Lamar [Jackson] has a knee, but it’s not a season-ending-type of knee. We’ll get more tests tomorrow and let you know how long it’s going to be; we’ll see. Hopefully, I’ll have something for you tomorrow afternoon, certainly by Wednesday it will be more definitive, but’s it’s going to be a number [of] days to weeks. We’ll see; we’ll see if he can go back this week. If not, it’ll be some time after that shortly.”

Breaking news - Lamar has a knee!

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Literally: just what the fuck did he say? 

Word salads can be a thing of beauty...or they can be a porridge of blob.  

Following Week 13, the Baltimore Ravens will embark on a string of major divisional matchups, starting with the Pittsburgh Stealers in Week 14. However, one of their AFC North showdowns has been moved out of its original time slot.

The NFL has made some changes to the schedule for their Week 15 games, with the decision impacting Baltimore. The Ravens were previously scheduled to take on the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, December 18th, but now it is moved to Saturday, December 17th at 4:30 pm.

FWIW... we are away vs the Tampa Bradys Sunday the 18th

I'm a little confused by Mayfield.   His numbers are about what you'd expect from a borderline starter, had a good season just 2 years ago, lots of up & down games.  Certainly there are worse QB's out there getting starts. Hasn't sexually assaulted anyone AFAIK, that's a plus.

What's the knock on this guy exactly? That he couldn't carry the Browns? His reputation seems way worse than his stats.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I'm a little confused by Mayfield.   His numbers are about what you'd expect from a borderline starter, had a good season just 2 years ago, lots of up & down games.  Certainly there are worse QB's out there getting starts. Hasn't sexually assaulted anyone AFAIK, that's a plus.

What's the knock on this guy exactly? That he couldn't carry the Browns? His reputation seems way worse than his stats.

He’s short, for starters. A lot of his balls get batted down. Plus, he never really learned how to stay in the pocket and be patient and go through his reads. Yes, he won a Heisman, but his college game never translated well to the NFL. He also did go through a revolving door of OCs until Stefanski was hired so that also hampered his growth as a QB. I think the worst thing for him was trying to play through his injuries last year. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think it may be Baker Mayfield the person, not the player, that's the problem. 

Archived