Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

23 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The NFL isn't hosting a Super Bowl in their building this season. Their usefulness in making them money is over. They are now irrelevant 

Agree.

They traded away draft picks for vets.

They're up against the cap..

Stafford is about done..

And..Once Whit retired and Corbett left for money it came tumbling down..

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think they fully embraced the "sports entertainment" model when Goodell took over.  Then recently they've stopped pretending like the league doesn't condone gambling, which was laughable anyway considering the backgrounds of half the original owners.  It's always been about owning a pro sport where they can influence the action.

Credit Goodell for showing them that you can act very serious and say words like "integrity" a bunch in press releases so you don't have to actually have any...

Every major sport has "condoned" gambling at this point.  The NHL team here in North Carolina actively lobbied to get sports wagering legalized. 

On 12/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, Sea Ray said:

The play before that 3rd and one is even more egregious. How does the RB run out of bounds untouched, short of the sticks? It's so stupid on so many levels, I gotta ask the question, was this game fixed? To assume those two plays were just bad plays/coaching is quite a leap.

Yeah, but Ingram was injured.  He went out of bounds and sat down and called for trainer. 

And the next day, it was announced he was done for the year. 

14 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Yeah, but Ingram was injured.  He went out of bounds and sat down and called for trainer. 

And the next day, it was announced he was done for the year. 

Let's hope it was due to that. I'd want a player that plays for me to have the competitive spirit to still fight for it but I guess we'll never know for sure

So Tyler Huntley exited the game with a concussion today.  And they play Saturday. 

The good news from today is that Watson seemed to get into a rhythm in the 4th quarter.  If he can keep that up and if the Rats have a shitty or injured QB, the Clowns may have a shot next week. 

56 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

So Tyler Huntley exited the game with a concussion today.  And they play Saturday. 

The good news from today is that Watson seemed to get into a rhythm in the 4th quarter.  If he can keep that up and if the Rats have a shitty or injured QB, the Clowns may have a shot next week. 

Good point...

Watson is getting familiar with the NFL speed..

Accuracy is next..

Archived