Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The thing that drives me nuts about all the "Immaculate Reception" crap is that

it was a fluke play.  An accident of sorts.  No sort of great call or execution or anything else football wise.

Just Harris being in the right place at the right time to catch a deflection.

That's why they have tip drills.  Heaven knows the Bengals have feasted on tipped balls all season and,

to be coldly honest, a number of Joe's few ints were off balls tipped at the line or elsewhere on the field.

And...the Stealers the next week lost to the Dolphins so the play really had no significance results wise other than providing the Raiders a chance to beat the Dolphins.

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The thing that drives me nuts about all the "Immaculate Reception" crap is that

it was a fluke play.  An accident of sorts.  No sort of great call or execution or anything else football wise.

Just Harris being in the right place at the right time to catch a deflection.

That's why they have tip drills.  Heaven knows the Bengals have feasted on tipped balls all season and,

to be coldly honest, a number of Joe's few ints were off balls tipped at the line or elsewhere on the field.

It was a strange series of events on that play. One could add that Bradshaw probably should have been sacked. Frenchy doing his best “get in the way” move. Lots of what ifs. 

I went to a game in I think it was 77 or 78, late in the year. Franco Harris had a string of 100 yard rushing games going. He ran for 101 yards in the first half and they announced he'd extended the streak. Then the Bengals held him to negative yardage in the 2nd half and broke his streak.

The other thing is that the plumbing at Riverfront was frozen so the toilets and urinals wouldn't flush and it was pretty nasty in there. 

I was just thinking about Trevor Lawrence. I hope tee stays here he probably would go play with him in Jacksonville. College teammates and all. 
I want to keep tee here ihe is good and compliments with his size and great teammate. Just thoughts on future. Praying for a win this Sunday at place Tom Brady built. Hope hand signals are ready as the headsets always go out at just right time. 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I went to a game in I think it was 77 or 78, late in the year. Franco Harris had a string of 100 yard rushing games going. He ran for 101 yards in the first half and they announced he'd extended the streak. Then the Bengals held him to negative yardage in the 2nd half and broke his streak.

The other thing is that the plumbing at Riverfront was frozen so the toilets and urinals wouldn't flush and it was pretty nasty in there. 

I remember that game. I wasn't at the game but yeah, your details sound correct

On 12/22/2022 at 8:46 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And...the Stealers the next week lost to the Dolphins so the play really had no significance results wise other than providing the Raiders a chance to beat the Dolphins.

Not true. 

It's famous because it was their first playoff win ever and then proceeded to start a dynasty the following year.  

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Agree, he's a 1st ballot. I don't think he was ever really the player in AZ that he was in TX but even so he's a HOF'er for sure.

He made a few crazy good plays early on Monday night.  He would be effective on a DL where he wasn't the only threat.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Raiders have benched Carr

The chances of KC not ending ahead of us a very small at this point.

What…Jarrett Stidham has no chance? 

“Sources told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that the Raiders made this move in part to maintain Carr's health and keep their options open this offseason, including for a potential trade. The sources did note that the option for Carr to return in 2023 is still on the table.”

“McDaniels said there was no "finality" in the decision to shut down Carr.

"None of us is happy with where we're at, but we think it's an opportunity to evaluate a younger player who hasn't had much time to play," McDaniels said. "Derek was great. He understands the scenario that we're in and the situation and is very supportive of the two young guys. He'll do anything he can to help them."

“However, a source confirmed to ESPN that Carr and the Raiders agreed that he will step away from the team for the remainder of the regular season so he's not a distraction. He was the lone active Raiders player not to practice on Wednesday, with the team listing his absence as "not injury related, personal."

"The two sides talked about it and thought it was best," the source said.

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What…Jarrett Stidham has no chance? 

“Sources told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that the Raiders made this move in part to maintain Carr's health and keep their options open this offseason, including for a potential trade. The sources did note that the option for Carr to return in 2023 is still on the table.”

“McDaniels said there was no "finality" in the decision to shut down Carr.

"None of us is happy with where we're at, but we think it's an opportunity to evaluate a younger player who hasn't had much time to play," McDaniels said. "Derek was great. He understands the scenario that we're in and the situation and is very supportive of the two young guys. He'll do anything he can to help them."

“However, a source confirmed to ESPN that Carr and the Raiders agreed that he will step away from the team for the remainder of the regular season so he's not a distraction. He was the lone active Raiders player not to practice on Wednesday, with the team listing his absence as "not injury related, personal."

"The two sides talked about it and thought it was best," the source said.

That's BS talk from McDaniels. How can Carr "do anything he can to help" if he's told to stay away? Makes no sense. He's being shut down so he doesn't get hurt

Archived