We Need to Talk About Joe Mix

It’s the NFL.  The best teams don’t spend huge money on running backs.  It just doesn’t make sense.  Yeah, if you are going all in like the 49ers you pick up a McCaffrey  but there are just too many competent backs you can get at a reasonable price.   

The better teams have 2 decent young backs or a vet on a reasonable contract.  There is a reason Kenyon Drake and Burkhead are still in the league and putting up ok numbers.  

31 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Maybe somebody pinned this thread in Mixon's locker this week lol.

Say what you want, for anyone who has been watching the games this year that was NOT the same Joe Mixon today as in previous weeks, and it's not because of the OL.

no shit....what the hell happened?

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Maybe somebody pinned this thread in Mixon's locker this week lol.

Say what you want, for anyone who has been watching the games this year that was NOT the same Joe Mixon today as in previous weeks, and it's not because of the OL.

He's been up & down.  If anything he was trying to do too much. 

Mostly, he had lanes to run in today.  Few nice downfield blocks from the WRs & Hurst too.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He's been up & down.  If anything he was trying to do too much. 

Mostly, he had lanes to run in today.  Few nice downfield blocks from the WRs & Hurst too.

Did he not have the same issue early in his career under ML where he was told to hit the holes and not dance about? Just going from memory…

33 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

As far as the O line, Adeniji spent much of the second half next to Jonah to shore things up.

It worked.

Good coaching and adjustment.

Yes..

Addeniji played well .

He was pulling either way off the line.

Rather he than Wilcox on the line..

It just may be the key to the line improvement..

16 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes..

Addeniji played well .

He was pulling either way off the line.

Rather he than Wilcox on the line..

It just may be the key to the line improvement..

It's not a bad idea because Williams needs a lot of help pass blocking, but I can't see Taylor giving up all his multi receiver sets unless they are protecting a big lead.

Not to talke anything away from Mixon who played great today but it’s pretty obvious the Panthers have mailed in the season.   Traded McCaffrey, fired the coach, benched Mayfield, yeah not exactly playing for today. 

The defense looked like they were playing to not get hurt.  They know the season is over. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Did he not have the same issue early in his career under ML where he was told to hit the holes and not dance about? Just going from memory…

I don’t know if anyone heard his post game presser today or not but, what caught my ear was he said, he asked Joey B, what was the play and Burrow said, don’t worry just go out on a curl or flat, something like that, well, is that the problem with him in that he is not remembering the plays?  He did say the pass came to him so he thought to himself he better catch it.  Maybe I misunderstood but, could this be part of his problem? 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

I don’t know if anyone heard his post game presser today or not but, what caught my ear was he said, he asked Joey B, what was the play and Burrow said, don’t worry just go out on a curl or flat, something like that, well, is that the problem with him in that he is not remembering the plays?  He did say the pass came to him so he thought to himself he better catch it.  Maybe I misunderstood but, could this be part of his problem? 

I watched it and my understanding was that he wasn't supposed be out there as a receiver on that play, something about they called to an empty set so he to go out there but didn't know the route.  I believe he said Burrow told "just run a fade".

This post aged well (though it had really good hard-core evidence to support the topic).

And, everyone is glad it didn't age well.

Incredible response by the entire team after the embarrassing loss to the Browns.  That's what Champions do.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Not to talke anything away from Mixon who played great today but it’s pretty obvious the Panthers have mailed in the season.   Traded McCaffrey, fired the coach, benched Mayfield, yeah not exactly playing for today. 

The defense looked like they were playing to not get hurt.  They know the season is over. 

Word around NC is that the Panthers are in full tank mode.  Sure looked like it yesterday.

Archived