We Need to Talk About Joe Mix

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Not to talke anything away from Mixon who played great today but it’s pretty obvious the Panthers have mailed in the season.   Traded McCaffrey, fired the coach, benched Mayfield, yeah not exactly playing for today. 

The defense looked like they were playing to not get hurt.  They know the season is over. 

Pretty much agree.  How many penalties did they have for lining up in the neutral zone or jumping off sides.

If not an NFL record (if such records are kept) it had to be close.

The poster child for poor coaching and being unprepared for a game.

TBH... if they had started Mayfly over Pajamas, it would have been closer.

5 hours ago, membengal said:

fwiw, Panthers run D came into that game #1 in the NFL in run DVOA. Their run D was actually really good prior to this one.

When I checked stats they were below average in YPC and total yards so I'm not sure how they had a #1 run defense in some other formula?

20 hours ago, SF2 said:

Not to talke anything away from Mixon who played great today but it’s pretty obvious the Panthers have mailed in the season.   Traded McCaffrey, fired the coach, benched Mayfield, yeah not exactly playing for today. 

The defense looked like they were playing to not get hurt.  They know the season is over. 

Yeah, their owner won't mind if they get the top pick in the draft. Though Houston would have to win another game.

Carolina fired their D-line coach today. 

19 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

It would still be silly not to get another RB in the draft though.  Obviously CE is not who the team views as mixon's replacement in the future.  Plus his injuries see to be an issue.

I believe Perine is a FA after this season so I suspect we do just that.

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

It would still be silly not to get another RB in the draft though.  Obviously CE is not who the team views as mixon's replacement in the future.  Plus his injuries see to be an issue.

You just can’t go into the season without a good backup running back who can block. The Bengals have done a decent job of this over the last decade.   Guys like Burkhead, Gio and Perine were very important parts of the team. 

RBs just take a beating and overuse shortens their careers. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You just can’t go into the season without a good backup running back who can block. The Bengals have done a decent job of this over the last decade.   Guys like Burkhead, Gio and Perine were very important parts of the team. 

RBs just take a beating and overuse shortens their careers. 

Thats why you gotta cycle them

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I'm genuinely curious.

Panthers fired their D line coach and CB coach today.  Guess they had different math.  :D

It’s all suspect to me.  Their defense has been the strength of their team.  It’s hard to justify canning two coaches because of 1 game.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

It’s all suspect to me.  Their defense has been the strength of their team.  It’s hard to justify canning two coaches because of 1 game.  

All those dumb ass penalties showed not prepared.

How many times did someone line up in the neutral zone?

That is just moronic.  Maybe once or so but seems like every drive

someone did or jumped off sides.

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

It falls on the coaches but how many times do you tell your players about it?

It just kills a drive..

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

True but it is still one game. The message to the players is pretty clear: most of you will be following these guys out the door soon. 

Also, does anyone think Wilkes has this kind of power after 3 games as HC?  Maybe there was a blow up after the game that caused this. 

Archived