The Two Games Left The Bengals Do Make The Playoffs But Where Thread

I mean...if they cannot exact revenge, at home, in must win games, then what is the point? They whooped Baltimore twice a year ago and Baltimore needed a last second figgie to beat us in primetime at Baltimore this year. We are beating the Ravens. As for the Browns...more than due to beat them. So, yeah, I am gonna chalk that up too. If they can't, then none of the rest of it matters. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

I mean...if they cannot exact revenge, at home, in must win games, then what is the point? They whooped Baltimore twice a year ago and Baltimore needed a last second figgie to beat us in primetime at Baltimore this year. We are beating the Ravens. As for the Browns...more than due to beat them. So, yeah, I am gonna chalk that up too. If they can't, then none of the rest of it matters. 

Jackson was dealing with an ankle issue in both Bengals wins last year.  I'm not saying the Bengals can't win, but a healthy Jackson is a problem the Bengals struggle to solve.

I think both of those games are very rough.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Jackson was dealing with an ankle issue in both Bengals wins last year.  I'm not saying the Bengals can't win, but a healthy Jackson is a problem the Bengals struggle to solve.

I think both of those games are very rough.

they fucking solved him in game 1 last year when he was healthy when ravens scored 17 and they solved him in game 1 this year when they needed a last second field goal and still didn't get to 20. Please.

they fucking solved him in game 1 last year when he was healthy when ravens scored 17 and they solved him in game 1 this year when they needed a last second field goal and still didn't get to 20. Please.

When Jackson needed yards he got them on the ground.  They scored.  Bengals lost. 

Please. 

I didn't say it would be easy. I said they would win it. I stand by that. You are arguing just to argue. 

It’s a discussion board.  Opinions.  I was discussing.  You chose to use f-bombs, etc. and argue.  I stand by my opinion as well.  

On 11/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, sparky151 said:

Why do people expect us to beat the Browns? We got taken apart Monday night. Replacing Chido with the lesser of CTB/Apple makes us a lot less formidable defensively. Our O-line can't run block or pass protect. So where will the wins come from? Bengals don't look like a playoff team as we have too many holes to patch. Team didn't even try to fix some issues with a trade at the deadline. 

a couple of reasons, 1. any given sunday. 2. they arent very good.

so the browns have a mediocre at BEST QB, 2 absolute star running backs, and a diabolical pass rush, but bad DB's

So Dj reader back helps the run Defense, chase helps the passing game, we wont lose 2 DB's mid game again, that was an 11 point game at the half, and Money mac missed a FG, so before we lost db's, leaving us with Flowers covering AMARI COOPER, who promptly gave up touchdown and deep passes to.

so back to my point, if we can NOT be trailing, even just a close game that they cant sit on the run game against a missing star run stopper defense, they arent going to run down our throat if its close or they are losing, we should have competent DB's covering their WR's, better run defense, a much better offense that they should have lots of trouble covering with Chase. Chase also helps in the quick pass game, giving Garrett less access to ruin burrows evening. It was a perfect storm for cleveland to run us, that perfect storm isnt likely again. 

if healthy, we are a far better team, when unhealthy in the EXACT SPOTS they are strong, its a toss up, toss in new injuries mid game given situational players a task of covering pro bowl WR, its gonna go bad if you cant grab an early lead.

im not saying we whoop them, but thats a very beatable team if both teams are healthy, we are the better team. that just isnt the case.

On 11/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, claptonrocks said:

IMyles Garret..

No lineman has a chance against him unless they're elite..like he is.

Total pass offense disrupter..

if this fanbase could even understand that point like 10%, the schedule gods blessed us with Parsons, Watt, Watt, Garrett, Garrett, your tackles are gonna have 5 bad games. flat out.

34 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Note: At some point we have had our #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 DB's injured this year. CHeeto is out, Apple was out, Hilton out, Britt was out, Flowers was/is out, also Dax is/was out with shoulder, so 6 DB's.

if that isnt fixed it wont much matter.

Band aid effect with Annarumo has worked ..

Expect healthy team for the run..

Feelin good about playoff spot..

We still have Joe Burrow...

On 11/10/2022 at 6:16 PM, GoBengals said:

if this fanbase could even understand that point like 10%, the schedule gods blessed us with Parsons, Watt, Watt, Garrett, Garrett, your tackles are gonna have 5 bad games. flat out.

Garrett, Garrett, Watt, Watt is not a scheduling Gods thing, it's something we are going to see every year, and as such the T position must be addressed.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Garrett, Garrett, Watt, Watt is not a scheduling Gods thing, it's something we are going to see every year, and as such the T position must be addressed.

Every other team in the NFL will try to take advantage of them until they prove they aren't a liability.   They were up the challenge against Carolina & that was the difference maker.  Hilarious to me that people instead think Mixon just woke up and decided to not suck that day.

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Every other team in the NFL will try to take advantage of them until they prove they aren't a liability.   They were up the challenge against Carolina & that was the difference maker.  Hilarious to me that people instead think Mixon just woke up and decided to not suck that day.

Alternative facts.

:ninja:

Charlie don't surf and Mixon don't block.

One good game does not a season make.

One could say that now that teams have seen our new OLT, Jonah Adanaiji, they will find ways

to counteract... ney, exploit it.

Pittsburgh not only has Watt Me Worry but Haywood, too.

How about v Pittsburgh we see Jonah Adanaiji and Perine in the backfield?

We won't but I would be more comfortable with that than Joe the Doormat Mixon back there

protecting Mr Burrow.  He's good enough to find someone to throw to and Tormund Giantsbane could

have a hella day receiving at tight end.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Alternative facts.

:ninja:

I think part of it is the focus on stats and fantasy football - so much "analysis" just doesn't pass the sniff test.  Take Mixon's low YPC -  against Baltimore and NOLA he was averaging over 5.5 a pop, but that gets overlooked since he only got 21 carries combined in those 2 games (and because it doesn't fit the narrative.)  

Put in an extra blocker against a mid-tier DL and suddenly he has a breakout game.  Oh, he doesn't suck now!  C'mon people.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Question is how??

This upcoming draft isnt loaded with top tackles..

Any good FA lineman will be overpaid by someone..

Whats the answer?..Overspend?

Trade up?...

Archived