The Two Games Left The Bengals Do Make The Playoffs But Where Thread

Playoffs Jim Mora GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

OK. They sit at 4-4. Unless the Rats melt down entirely, and the Bengals improve rapidly, the division is gone. 

But: 

What scenario could you see where they might win the division or;

What about combos that might get them into the Wild Card Weekend? 

It's early still, and who knows what can happen? Let's Discuss. 

1 hour ago, jmckbengal said:

Can’t see them winning aKC or Buf but should be competitive in the others.

Car- win

Pit- win

Tenn- loss

KC-loss

Cle- win

Bucs-loss

NE-win

Buf-loss

Bal- win

i don’t think 9-8 gets us in

I agree with this with this, only swapping the Bucs/Ravens wins. Of course if the oline starts blocking we could do a lot better.

1 hour ago, jmckbengal said:

Can’t see them winning aKC or Buf but should be competitive in the others.

Car- win

Pit- win

Tenn- loss

KC-loss

Cle- win

Bucs-loss

NE-win

Buf-loss

Bal- win

i don’t think 9-8 gets us in

Cleveland and NE wins are very shaky.  7-10 seems more likely with the injury situation.  If I were a betting man I wouldn't bet on the Bengals to make the playoffs. 

I'd be a little more optimistic if Awuzie wasn't gone for the season, but there are other issues that probably aren't going to get fixed until the off-season (if even then). I see 9-8 as a best-case, but 8-9 or 7-10 as more likely.

Here's the best-case, but I don't think all five of the potential wins will happen. Don't underestimate the ability of this 2022 team to disappoint.

CAR - W, if they lose this one, forget it

@Pit - W, but it won't be easy with Watt coming back

@Ten - L

KC - L

CLE - W, surely they can finally break the losing streak to Cleveland, right?

@TB - W, if the free fall continues for the Bucs

@NE - L

BUF - L

BAL - W, only if Baltimore rests their starters

Getting Reader back after the bye is going to help put us over on Tenn

Losing Cheeto is gonna hurt us against Buff and KC

If we do get Chase back in 4 weeks I feel better about it , if not I don't.

Without Chase we are a 1 and done playoff team......maybe....

With Chase (and Reader) I think we are win and get into the divisional round and lose in that.

Just don't see us on Buff and KC's level at least this year. Especially with Cheeto out now

Will reassess after Sweet Caroline this Sunday... no longer a gimmie

and see what roster moves they make with an opening on the 53.

In the mean time... Weekend Scoreboard Watch...

Goooooo...

Atlanta beat Chargers

DaBears beat Miami

Indy beat New England

Kansas City v Tennessee... toss up

Jets beat Buffalo

And Go New Orleans Andys beat the Baltimore Rats

Go us, too.

Why do people expect us to beat the Browns? We got taken apart Monday night. Replacing Chido with the lesser of CTB/Apple makes us a lot less formidable defensively. Our O-line can't run block or pass protect. So where will the wins come from? Bengals don't look like a playoff team as we have too many holes to patch. Team didn't even try to fix some issues with a trade at the deadline. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Why do people expect us to beat the Browns? We got taken apart Monday night. Replacing Chido with the lesser of CTB/Apple makes us a lot less formidable defensively. Our O-line can't run block or pass protect. So where will the wins come from? Bengals don't look like a playoff team as we have too many holes to patch. Team didn't even try to fix some issues with a trade at the deadline. 

Not just that one game this year either...Browns just seem to have our number.  I dunno if its a matchup issue, just a timing issue, a rivalry that they take more serious that we do, or just one of those twilight zone things (theme song now playing in my head).

13 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Not just that one game this year either...Browns just seem to have our number.  I dunno if its a matchup issue, just a timing issue, a rivalry that they take more serious that we do, or just one of those twilight zone things (theme song now playing in my head).

There is no doubt the cleveberg has our number right now, but this game was different. I just can't help but wonder if Adam Zimmer's death earlier in the day had something to do with it especially on offense. They didn't seem focused or even motivated to play the game at all. It was like they didn't want to be there. I'm probably overthinking it, I don't know...

17 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

IMyles Garret..

No lineman has a chance against him unless they're elite..like he is.

Total pass offense disrupter..

51 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I see 10-7 and a wildcard spot. 

Car - W

Pit - W

Tenn - W

KC - L

Cle - L

Bucs - W

NE - W

Buf - L

Bal - W

I don't think that's out of the realm of the possible, but that team that showed up last Monday needs to be locked away in a closet and toss the key in the Ohio.

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I see 10-7 and a wildcard spot. 

Car - W

Pit - W

Tenn - W

KC - L

Cle - L

Bucs - W

NE - W

Buf - L

Bal - W

I think this is how I feel but I think you could interchange Tenn and Clev either way. If Chase and Reader are back I think the Clev game is different. Especially against Tugg and Pull second game back after a year and a half not playing.

Archived