The Two Games Left The Bengals Do Make The Playoffs But Where Thread

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

How I have this working out if both we and the Rats drop 1 but keep pace with each other and we win Week 18 vs lose Week 18

image.png

image.png

We are evidently following the same lines. Interesting that the now Sam Darnold-led CAR benefits from a Tommy loss this weekend, and then can seal it with their own  win over them in Week 17. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

We are evidently following the same lines. Interesting that the now Sam Darnold-led CAR benefits from a Tommy loss this weekend, and then can seal it with their own  win over them in Week 17. 

I also had Tenn over Jax on a coin flip, if Jax beats them they are in.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I posted that thinking Hendrickson would still be out and that's the side that Allen likes to run to when he takes off

Good point but I see Hendrickson as a pure pass rusher..

Not sure if his run stop ability is as high as he's allways putting.his efforts into getting into the backfield.

Hopefully they put the club on him and let him beat the hell outta opponents!..😎 

4 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Would we rather have the #1 WC seed and travel to Tennessee for the first game, or win the division and potentially play SD or Miami at home (assuming it's not the #1 overall seed)?

I think the Bengals want as many home games as possible.  Aside from that, I don't see a matchup problem for the Bengals if they are healthy and play their game.  Bring it on!

On 12/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, Jamie_B said:

I don't think we win out either, I think we will drop only 1 between now and week 18. I also think they drop at least one by then too. Week 18 imho is going to be for the division 

i think that last game is indeed for all the marbles, no matter what unless a complete collapse happens, it almost has to be. by scheduling design of course.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:08 PM, claptonrocks said:

Looks like you have us winning all but Buffalo to reach 12-5..

I agree except I believe they'll beat the Bills..

Winning out would mean 9 game winning streak..

Im still in on that hspoening..

its wild saying the streak seems insane, but looking at each game its like, well yea we can beat all these dudes"

On 12/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, Le Tigre said:

With the win over AZ last night, the Hoodie has now moved into the 7 Seed. 

we face some defenses that are creative and talented, but our kryptonite is an all pro pass rusher, especially on the left side..  im not sure if one of those is on the schedule anymore with von miller out.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, UncleEarl said:

Bengals were 10-4 in ‘76, but guess who won the division?  PB had some good teams in the mid 70s, but not as goo1976 wd as you know who.  

I remember 1976 all to well. It was my first full season as a Bengals fan.

Bengals started 9-2 and Pittsburgh started 1-4 but won 6 straight to get to 7-4 in time for the epic snow game at Riverfront, in which they beat the Bengals 7-3. The Bengals lost again the next week in Oakland, Pittsburgh won again, and the two teams were tied at 9-4. Both won in Week 14, but Pittsburgh got the tiebreaker based on their sweep and the Bengals stayed home.

The 1975 and 1976 Bengals went 21-3 against the rest of the league but 0-4 against Pittsburgh. It was a heartbreaking way for a kid to begin as a Bengals fan. 

75f0c08fecc3af8cfe0b54478d1ff7cc.jpg

4 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I know none of us are going to actually "hope" for a loss, but do we really want the team going into the playoffs on a nine-game winning streak? Am I foolish for buying into the "due to  lose one", "law of averages" kind of stuff?

Not foolish..

I like the streak until they win it All..😊

8 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I know none of us are going to actually "hope" for a loss, but do we really want the team going into the playoffs on a nine-game winning streak? Am I foolish for buying into the "due to  lose one", "law of averages" kind of stuff?

I don't want us to lose, but I am starting to think about potential playoff matchups.  If we can't get the 1 seed, I think I'd rather go to Tennessee than play at Paycor vs. SD or Mia.  I think we can beat both DS and Mia, but both have potentially explosive offenses and w/o Chido it would be nice to give the corners a break before play KC and/or BUF.

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

I don't want us to lose, but I am starting to think about potential playoff matchups.  If we can't get the 1 seed, I think I'd rather go to Tennessee than play at Paycor vs. SD or Mia.  I think we can beat both DS and Mia, but both have potentially explosive offenses and w/o Chido it would be nice to give the corners a break before play KC and/or BUF.

Understand the strategy. But, one has to consider a home game in early January against two warm-weather teams. 

MIA in Buffalo tonight may give a good indication of how well they will play in a cold weather environment. 

10 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I remember 1976 all to well. It was my first full season as a Bengals fan.

Bengals started 9-2 and Pittsburgh started 1-4 but won 6 straight to get to 7-4 in time for the epic snow game at Riverfront, in which they beat the Bengals 7-3. The Bengals lost again the next week in Oakland, Pittsburgh won again, and the two teams were tied at 9-4. Both won in Week 14, but Pittsburgh got the tiebreaker based on their sweep and the Bengals stayed home.

The 1975 and 1976 Bengals went 21-3 against the rest of the league but 0-4 against Pittsburgh. It was a heartbreaking way for a kid to begin as a Bengals fan. 

75f0c08fecc3af8cfe0b54478d1ff7cc.jpg

I think the coverage of that game was on the cover of SI magazine that week. 

We had some very good teams but the Stealers and Raiders we just a bit better (and luckier in some cases).

57 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Understand the strategy. But, one has to consider a home game in early January against two warm-weather teams. 

MIA in Buffalo tonight may give a good indication of how well they will play in a cold weather environment. 

Buffalo Monday night here might do the same thing.

Actually, the Rats here a short week later may, too.

I really hope the Rat game is not played Sunday night.

I doubt if they would have two prime time games in a row.

But who knows?

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

i think the cold weather thing is a little overrated. I don’t think anyone likes playing in the cold and it’s not like every guy on those teams haven’t played in it. There may be something to it, but I’m not convinced yet. My disclaimer here is, I could be TOTALLY wrong about this. 

25 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

i think the cold weather thing is a little overrated. I don’t think anyone likes playing in the cold and it’s not like every guy on those teams haven’t played in it. There may be something to it, but I’m not convinced yet. My disclaimer here is, I could be TOTALLY wrong about this. 

I don’t believe you are wrong…however when analyzing how speed receivers—like MIA has—how much frozen and/or snowy turf might curtail their usage, it does become a consideration. 

Of course, the old saying of “both teams play in it” is also a consideration 

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I don’t believe you are wrong…however when analyzing how speed receivers—like MIA has—how much frozen and/or snowy turf might curtail their usage, it does become a consideration. 

Of course, the old saying of “both teams play in it” is also a consideration 

Fair point. I do think their WRs are more reliant on speed than ours so a slower track could work to our advantage a little. 

Archived