Die Stealers Die! (Episode 2) Week

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Jesus

Joe Mixon was playing fine on Sunday before he got hurt, between his running which was not as good as his catching (as that's the kind of day the team was having as evident by Perine's 3 RECIVING TDs) he ended the day with 20 rushing yards and 42 receiving yards all before the 2nd half.

That you want to use his celebration after the game as some sort of proof that he didn't have a concussion and the team preferred Perine just means that you don't understand concussions and want to further this silly agenda you seem to have with him. It's embarrassing. Be critical when it's appropriate, that's a fine thing to do. Suggesting that Mixon wasn't hurt, or worse making celebratory, even in jest, comments about it in the game day thread is embarrassing. Stop it.

Somehow this is becoming argumentative (on me and my conspiracy theory half baked opinion) and I don't want it to be that way.  Sorry and apology to you.

Not sure when Mixon left.  Read two different things.

Mixon ...... before he went out.... 7 carries, 20 yards 7 yards the longest 2.9 per carry.  Typical Mixon except for one game and we know his blocking is lacking

Hardly "playing fine".  More like "playing Mixon".

Perine with less playing time in at least the first half ... 11 carries 30 yards 8 yards longest

Receiving

Mixon 3 catches on 3 targets 42 yards 24 longest

Perine... 4 catches on 4 targets 29 longest and, of course, 3 touchdowns

And we know Perine is the superior backfield blocker and Watt, Highsmith and Haywood were just getting warmed up.  Stats not flashy but pressures and dangerous.

I don't recall seeing the play that caused the concussion although very likely may have missed it.  And recall no replay.

My thinking is merely opinion and 100% conjecture that it was a discreet and respectful way to more or less bench Mixon.

For the time he was in there the old Mixon was back and had reverted to form.

Perine was the better option in that game vs that D at that time.  Old Joe was going nowhere.

Outta here (and this train of thought)

Almost time for the short bus and we're making hand print turkeys in Art today for Thanksgiving.

Hope all goes well and you have a wonderful day and beyond.  Seriously

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Jesus

Joe Mixon was playing fine on Sunday before he got hurt, between his running which was not as good as his catching (as that's the kind of day the team was having as evident by Perine's 3 RECIVING TDs) he ended the day with 20 rushing yards and 42 receiving yards all before the 2nd half.

That you want to use his celebration after the game as some sort of proof that he didn't have a concussion and the team preferred Perine just means that you don't understand concussions and want to further this silly agenda you seem to have with him. It's embarrassing. Be critical when it's appropriate, that's a fine thing to do. Suggesting that Mixon wasn't hurt, or worse making celebratory, even in jest, comments about it in the game day thread is embarrassing. Stop it.

I have a hard time believing Mixon begged out of a game, nor do I believe Taylor did this to cover a benching.  I will also say Mixon doesn't have much of a concussion if he's dancing like that, and I do have experience with concussions.  He probably got his bell rung and with the new rules and monitors the NFL has surrounding concussions (remember Tua?), they ruled him out. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I have a hard time believing Mixon begged out of a game, nor do I believe Taylor did this to cover a benching.  I will also say Mixon doesn't have much of a concussion if he's dancing like that, and I do have experience with concussions.  He probably got his bell rung and with the new rules and monitors the NFL has surrounding concussions (remember Tua?), they ruled him out. 

Completely agree, it's likely a very low grade where he may feel ok, but enough to have to keep him out.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, saphead said:

Fuck you stealers! 

You can suck our dicks!

You can't hurt us stealers....

Cause' you're just Gods farts! Thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppppp!!!

thunder-fuck-you-thunder.gif

your 2nd best post.

On 11/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, tibor75 said:

Career wins as a starter against Stillers:

Burrow - 3

Dullton - 3

Scoring over 24 points against Stillers:

Burrow - 2

Dullton - 0

Ring of Honor material for sure.  

ring in the toilet bowl.

On 11/20/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jamie_B said:

Literally nobody brought him up. He lives rent free in your head. It's kind of sad.

a 10 year nightmare is tough to rid yourself of.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, DanvilleBengal said:

The more Burrow  grows in reverence, the more obscure Dalton becomes.  Take faith, the Red Rifle will be a hazy memory...

*nightmare

On 11/21/2022 at 1:48 PM, Jamie_B said:

I have no problems with Dalton, he was what he was, a middle tier QB that can win you enough games to make the playoffs but nothing else. 

Tibor is the one with this weird need to make up things in his head that he thinks fans think about him. He really need to get a life. 

so QB purgatory? correct, fucking horrible, walking into absolutely every season for a decade knowing absolutely for sure 100% there was no chance of winning a playoff game. what a great time.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, claptonrocks said:

Red Rifle 

Bad nickname for a QB with a mediocre arm..

"Bad Andy Good Andy" was allways appropriate..

good andy, lucky andy, lucky to be surrounded by some great talent at WR, green, sanu, jones, boyd, eifert before injuries, just stacked, not to mention a top 10 defense nearly his whole career. he was a walking butt fumble in a too small market to get mocked. youre not getting a pass breaking your thumb throw backfield screen pass interceptions in a real media market. and he threw multiple not tipped backfield screen interceptions.

On 11/21/2022 at 4:34 PM, Le Tigre said:

Have you ever seen him play in person? I have—his entire career here. I can tell you I saw enough 15 yd sideline routes over the years to AJ and Sanu. The passes arrived in a zip, and on target. Also saw enough dime drops on go routes to dispel this “weak arm” bullshit. 

There isn’t an argument as to production—still the 2nd All-time leading passer in franchise history. Whatever this “Good Andy/Bad Andy” is construed to be, he was good enough to have helped his team be in the Playoffs for 5 straight years—something that no other QB in this franchise’s history has ever done. Your God-man hasn’t done that yet either. 

Jamie is right: it’s beyond time to cease with this comparison rubbish. The man hasn’t been here in 3 seasons. One may as well obsess over what Bruce Grankowski or Josh Johnson is doing now. 

15 yards is a wild exaggeration. andy throwing the ball past the sticks(or 10 yards) was very very very rare, except the occasional under thrown bomb to aj who slowed down or even stopped to catch and juked out defenders, of course.

to prove it, in average yards in the air per attempt, keep in mind there are 32 teams: dont have stats prior to 2013 sadly. 

2013: 29th

2014: 40th lol

2015: 12th (holy shit almost top THIRD of the entire league.

2016: 21st 

2017,  39th 

2018  29th

2019  37th

2020: 47th

2021: 42nd

for comparison:

Burrow with the worst lines in nfl history:

17th and 4th the last two years.

Palmer: in his thirties

2013: 10th

2014: 21st

2015: 3rd

2016: 25th

2017: 9th

a top 10 defense and weapons galore, dalton was literally what was holding the team back from winning. there is absolutely no other way to view it, could it have been a worse QB? sure, but he was shook under ANY spotlight and had mediocre arm talent. it was horrid to watch all of those talented players come and go while he got handed a pile of money to hold the team back.

wow you all just cant let Dalton go,  he's been gone 3 years , replaced a quitter,  and we went to the playoffs 5 yrs ?  you know the only thing worse then losing 5 play off games?  not making the playoffs .   why dog the guy? let him play elsewhere in peace.   its got to be an insult to Burrow  when he;s playing his ass off and you all continue to harp on the guy before him... 

2 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

wow you all just cant let Dalton go,  he's been gone 3 years , replaced a quitter,  and we went to the playoffs 5 yrs ?  you know the only thing worse then losing 5 play off games?  not making the playoffs .   why dog the guy? let him play elsewhere in peace.   its got to be an insult to Burrow  when he;s playing his ass off and you all continue to harp on the guy before him... 

lol

a quitter, he quit a franchise that handed him lavernious coles and a TE as a fullback, he went on to make and win in the playoffs elsewhere, throwing for over 4000 yards with every team and reaching the NFCC Game, i do recall being laughed at when i said palmer would win a playoff game before dalton. people are just butt hurt.

he was what, 35-21 with arizona? 

Can we make it a Joe Burrow is top 1 or 2 in the league when he has a clean pocket, and the Bengals should do everything they can to ensure his pocket is as clean as possible, because having a top 1 or 2 QB will win you alot of games, including playoff games, and lets move on from the other guys thread?

Archived