Question for season ticket holders (or any regular attendee)

53 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Do they ever play "Run Through the Jungle" by Creedence Clearwater Revival? I was driving to work this morning and heard it and this question popped in my head.

Just curious. If they don't, they should. It's a great song. 

I've heard it but not with any regularity. Same for Jungle Love by Steve Miller, not The Time version, which would be awesome if they did "Oweeoweeo" :dance:

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Can't have the stadium emptying for the nearest KFC

Right.  They're not sponsors.

Bengals in-house music minutiae... once caught a snippet of the fantastic soundtrack of the fantasist movie "The Warriors".

Recognized it, mentioned it to my son who said "you're right".  It is one of our favorite movies.

Come to think of it... it would be cool if the crowd could clink empty beer bottles on the fingers and chant

"Squeelers... come out and pla-aayy."

Also would like to go real old school with Jelly Roll Morton's rendition of "Hold That Tiger" where

he plays the piano roll with his elbow.  Whatever, an ageless kick ass song.

19 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals in-house music minutiae... once caught a snippet of the fantastic soundtrack of the fantasist movie "The Warriors".

Recognized it, mentioned it to my son who said "you're right".  It is one of our favorite movies.

Come to think of it... it would be cool if the crowd could clink empty beer bottles on the fingers and chant

Also would like to go real old school with Jelly Roll Morton's rendition of "Hold That Tiger" where

Anything but Welcome to the Jungle.

It nausiates me anymore.

15 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Didn't the polka band that used to play on the sidelines occasionally break out Hold That Tiger, or have I participated in too many Oktoberfest's? 🍻

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I would love the drum intro from The New York Dolls "Stranded In The Jungle"

and maybe a bit of the opening chant.  The lyrics do not hold up now.

Let the fans rev up to the first minute of Thunderstruck as the team takes the field...

Thunda!

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You are talking Riverfront, right? If so, why yes...yes they did!

Yep, Riverfront, but I seem to remember they maybe tried to resurrect them in the early 2000's at PBS? But I'm old and have bouts of CRS, so ??? :frantics:

1 hour ago, MOC said:

Yep, Riverfront, but I seem to remember they maybe tried to resurrect them in the early 2000's at PBS? But I'm old and have bouts of CRS, so ??? :frantics:

I'm not recalling them at PBS. The configuration of the present stadium doesn't have room for the bandstand they were on. Riverfront had those oddball corners (in a round building?) where those roll-out stands for baseball were stored. Here is how I remember where they were located ( bandstand in left endzone, but some years it was in that left upper corner).  

TTHDCa8l.jpg 

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Nit picky but they were a Dixieland ragtime band.

Vests and straw skimmer hats.

Even better, they can riff off the whole Louisiana connection with JB & Chase.

And play "Neck",

The Stadium Formerly Known as Paul Brown needs stuff like this, some unique cool things to personalize it and make it feel less "Oktoberfest Parking Garage" on game days.

Archived