Bengals @ SteAlers part duex - Game Day thread

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/22/bengals-roster-moves-beating-Stealers-week-11/

The Bengals also waived veteran wideout Mike Thomas, which comes on the heels of several apparent miscues in the base offense during a game in which fellow depth target Trenton Irwin broke out.

Did not know this... 

On 11/20/2022 at 4:36 PM, saphead said:

are we kicking off short on purpose?

did they not talk about it being 20 degrees and windy as fuck in the stadium on the broadcast? you could hardly tell on the tv but money mac first FG fucking DIED in the air and barely made it halfway to the net.  kicks were all lame ducks, late in the game he was hitting them lower it seemed or maybe with wind cause they were rockets again.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, saphead said:

ok T=YOU CAN NOT KEEP FUCKING THROWING THE FUCKING BALL AT WAYY i AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS AND I'M NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ANN NFL FUCKING COACH

you know the QB is looking at the receivers right?

On 11/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, saphead said:

HOW MANY= TIMES V=CAN YOU THROW DIRECTLY TO HIM TOY FUCKJING KNOW HE'S GONNA JUMP UP AND GRAPIT FUUUUUUUUUUCK

like you know he is going through progressions and reading defensive backs, and not looking at the DL for batted balls and blindly heaving where WRs might be... do you think quarterbacks have like 6 eyes? wtf are you even babbling on about?

On 11/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, saphead said:

i am fucking furious

you spelled confused wrong i think.

ffs

On 11/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, Kingspoint said:

What a shitty fucking attempt at Offense....all on Taylor!!!

lol they scored 37 fucking points.... lmgdfao.... yinz is wild in here.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, High School Harry said:

Game ball to the Steeler who knocked Mixon out of the game.

yea perines 2.7 yards per carry in the game was vital. clearly a great rusher. like this entire fanbase doesnt every watch other teams or understand 3rd down backs or really anything, fucking kenny watson is a career 4.6 YPC RB because he was the blocking 3rd down back and run on passing downs that were pointless. like you know, every 3rd down back in history.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:23 PM, Kingspoint said:

Absofuckinglutely it does.  Penalties are all on the Coach.

position coach, knuckle dragging middle school football bench warmer mentality, the head coach doesnt fucking deal with the players even 5% of what their position coaches do. even pretneding in your head that zac fucking taylor is in ANY way connected to a players comprehension of the playbook, his individual role understanding and preperation throughout the week is complete mind blowing insanity.

hilarious disconnected nonsense.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, spicoli said:

Count me as a fan of Traveon Williams. I’d love to see what he could do with more touches. Hopefully Mixon comes back 100% but I’d have no hesitation whatsoever trusting the running game in the hands of Perine and Williams if it came down to it. 

lol

On 11/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20221121_014416.jpg

man i hate to say but the AFC is fucking weak, the titans arent great, the ravens are super soft, we beat miami, they got better when tua left the game, new england sucks, buffalo is solid but not playing great, KC is the top dog, this whole picture is pretty sawft if we get our shit in order a long playoff run is very possible.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, TigerJ@w said:

Looks like GO is a good luck charm there.  Great Job!

Dan: 3-0 in pittsburgh

My Son: 1-0 in pittsburgh

Me: 4-2 in pittsburgh

12 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

yea perines 2.7 yards per carry in the game was vital. clearly a great rusher. like this entire fanbase doesnt every watch other teams or understand 3rd down backs or really anything, fucking kenny watson is a career 4.6 YPC RB because he was the blocking 3rd down back and run on passing downs that were pointless. like you know, every 3rd down back in history.

position coach, knuckle dragging middle school football bench warmer mentality, the head coach doesnt fucking deal with the players even 5% of what their position coaches do. even pretneding in your head that zac fucking taylor is in ANY way connected to a players comprehension of the playbook, his individual role understanding and preperation throughout the week is complete mind blowing insanity.

lol

man i hate to say but the AFC is fucking weak, the titans arent great, the ravens are super soft, we beat miami, they got better when tua left the game, new england sucks, buffalo is solid but not playing great, KC is the top dog, this whole picture is pretty sawft if we get our shit in order a long playoff run is very possible.

Good stuff Go..

You bring  back reality on many occasions..

Question..

You laughed at Spicoli's point about 

Perine and Williams in the backfield if need be..

What's your take on then as a duo?

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

It's almost like backup 3rd down backs don't get 8 in the box with the notion of stopping the run game

The Horror

https://www.fox19.com/2022/10/20/burrow-voted-fedex-air-nfl-player-week/

Burrow wins FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week

The Bengals quarterback threw for 355 yards and four touchdowns in a win over the Stealers.

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Joe Burrow’s performance on Sunday has earned him the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week.

The Bengals quarterback won for his outstanding performance completing 24 of 39 attempts (61.5 percent) for 355 yards and four touchdowns for a 104.1 passer rating in the Bengals’ 37-30 win over the Stealers.

MORE | Burrow expects Chase to play vs Titans | Bengals sign WR Trenton Irwin after standout performance

Burrow beat out the Kansas City Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (20/34 for 329 and 3TDs) and the Tennessee Titans’ Ryan Tannehill (22/27 for 333 and 2TDs) for the honor.

It’s Burrow’s third time winning the award this season. He won it following the Oct. 16 win against the New Orleans saints and again the next week following the Oct. 23 win against the Atlanta Falcons.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, claptonrocks said:

Good stuff Go..

You bring  back reality on many occasions..

Question..

You laughed at Spicoli's point about 

Perine and Williams in the backfield if need be..

What's your take on then as a duo?

IMO, they are going to be pretty mediocre. Perine and Mixons running stats were almost identically bad in pitt and Mixons were better, 2.9 yards vs 2.7, Williams is more like Mixon skillset wise but the only Running back on the roster who can block properly is perine. 

Its sort of nice to have Perine being in on most down so its not as obvious run vs block, but the run game is going to have a BAD time against this titans front seven, and they have a bottom 5(i think) secondary, so perine should be getting lots of blocking duty.

Williams was smart and quick in decision making, he leaned on bouncing outside, which with volson inside thats a good idea really.

our left side run blocking jonah and volson are both in the 60's ranking wise for their position, not over all, like 60's for tackles and 60's for guards each. 

and the core of the titans front is so so so talented. cappa and karras may have the biggest duty, i dunno if they move defenders inside much.

Id rather see Evans involved than williams, but perinemis the only blocker, so he will get the snaps as often as possible.

Lots of our block schemes involves Sample on the left side, he has been a bigger loss than anyone would ever admit, not a threat receivin but he was a really good blocker, he was a 72 and a 63 run blocker last two seasons. 

im not sure what to expect honestly, we have won without a run game a few times, the titans are disciplined and stout and consistent, without chase we still have 3 solid weapons to throw to. gonna be a dicey one, we may need 2 turnovers over them to win.

probalbly the best unknown factor is... with out Chase and Mixon playing, is now they have to account for everyone, and thats a win for the offense, if they lean covering the  pass heavily then perine should have more openings,  i seriously doubt they'll scheme to take perine away and make Burrow beat them .. 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:37 PM, GoBengals said:

lol

You're off your fucking rocker!!!

Archived