Nashville Oiltans Week

6 hours ago, saphead said:

Nashville is a soft town in a soft climate with soft people, soft men, a soft football team, soft music, soft drinks, and soft serve ice cream. We win this game walking away, no theatrics like last year. 

The should change their nickname to the TN Bachelorettes. 

Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

D5CJDGrXoAU-V_w.jpg

this is your best post to date. i enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We're 1.5 points favorites

fair given their record and ours and injuries currently.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

well alright then.

i dont recall, but isnt there like 3 days of protocol to pass after a concussion game? no one is even CAPABLE of passing mon-wed are they? does anyone know? if green light thursday they can do light shit then practice friday and play.. isnt that the shortest path? i could be wrong. but i see these social posts each time say still in protocol, so it seems weird. 

going to need him, pittsburgh fucking sucks, titans defense is no joke. gonna need everyone.

6 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i dont recall, but isnt there like 3 days of protocol to pass after a concussion game? no one is even CAPABLE of passing mon-wed are they? does anyone know? if green light thursday they can do light shit then practice friday and play.. isnt that the shortest path? i could be wrong. but i see these social posts each time say still in protocol, so it seems weird. 

I think it's 5 IIRC. Why Tua wasn't reported the previous Sunday (Buffalo game IIRC) before he had to go out on that Thursday night against us imho. If it were 3 he could have been reported Sunday and played Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it's 5 IIRC. Why Tua wasn't reported the previous Sunday (Buffalo game IIRC) before he had to go out on that Thursday night against us imho. If it were 3 he could have been reported Sunday and played Thursday.

i guess we do have google:

The Return-To-Participation Protocol: Phase One: Symptom Limited Activity The player-patient is prescribed rest, limiting or, if necessary, avoiding activities (both physical and cognitive) which increase or aggravate symptoms. During this Phase, the player-patient may engage in activities of daily living as well as limited stretching and balance activities as tolerated at the discretion of the Club medical staff. Phase 1 may include LIGHT aerobic activity and, if tolerated, attending team meetings and/or film study. Should additional medical issues present, the Club physician should consider external consultation or additional diagnostic examinations. If the player-patient does not experience an increase in his symptoms and does not develop signs of concussion on neurological examination, he may be cleared to proceed to the next Phase.

Phase Two: Aerobic Exercise Phase Two involvesthe initiation of a graduated exercise program. Under the direct oversight of the Club’s medical staff, the player-patient should begin graduated cardiovascular exercise (e.g., stationary bicycle, treadmill) and may also engage in dynamic stretching and balance training. The duration and intensity of all activity may be gradually increased so long asthe player-patient does not increase or aggravate signs or symptoms while performing the activity and for a reasonable period thereafter. If there is an increase or aggravation of signs or symptoms, the activity should be discontinued. He may, however, attend regular team meetings and engage in filmstudy. At Phase Two, the player should be back to his baseline level of symptoms or the Team Physician reasonably determines that the symptoms are not related to concussion. Once the player-patient has demonstrated his ability to engage in cardiovascular exercise without an increase or aggravation of signs orsymptoms, and his symptom burden is at or below his baseline, he may proceed to the next Phase.

Phase Three: Football Specific Exercise The player-patient continues with supervised cardiovascular exercises that are increased and begin to mimic sportspecific activities, as well as supervised strength training. The player- Amended As of October 8, 2022 16 patient is allowed to practice with the team in sport specific exercise for 30 minutes or less, with ongoing and careful symptom monitoring by the medicalstaff. If neurocognitive testing was not administered after Phase Two, itshould be administered duringPhaseThree. If a playerpatient’s initialneurocognitive testing is interpreted by the NPC as being indicative of residual cognitive impairment(s) due to the concussion, the tests will be repeated at a time interval agreed upon by theClub physician and NPC (typically 48 hours). The player-patientshould not proceed to contact activities until their neurocognitive testing is interpreted as back to their baseline level by the NPC or, if a decrement is still present, until the Club physician has determined a non-concussion related cause. The determination of when to proceed with contact activities is ultimately made by the Club physician. Once the player-patient has demonstrated his ability to engage in cardiovascular exercise and supervised strength training without an increase or aggravation of signs orsymptoms, he may proceed to the next Phase.

Phase Four: Club-based Non-contact Training Drills The player-patient may continue cardiovascular conditioning, strength and balance training, team-based sport-specific exercise, and participate in non-contact football activities such as throwing, catching, running and other position-specific activities, progressing to participation in non-contact team practice activities. To be clear, all activities at this Phase remain noncontact (i.e.., no contact with other players or objects, such as tackling dummies or sleds). If the player-patient is able to tolerate all football specific activity without a recurrence of signs or symptoms of concussion, if his neurocognitive testing has returned to baseline, and if his symptom burden remains at or below baseline, he may bemoved to the next Phase in the sequence. For clarity: all signs, symptoms, and neurological examination (including neurocognitive testing and balance testing) must return to baseline status before returning to full football activity/clearance.Exceptionsto the neurocognitive component may be considered by the Club physician responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of concussion (in consultation with the NPC) on a case-by-case basisin player-patients with documented ADHD or learning disabilities.

Phase Five: Full Football Activity/Clearance After the player-patient has established his ability to participate in non-contact football activity including team meetings, conditioning and non-contact practice without recurrence of signs and symptoms and his neurocognitive testing is back to baseline, the Club physician may clear him for full football activity involving contact in practice. If the player-patient tolerates full participation practice and contact without signs or symptoms and the Club physician concludes that the player-patient’s concussion has resolved,s/he may clear the player-patient to return to participation. For the avoidance of doubt, if a player-patient cannotparticipate in practice or full contact with other players due to the time of year and/or rules imposed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement, simulated contact activity willsuffice to satisfy this Phase. Upon clearance by the Club physician, the player-patient must be examined by the INC assigned to hisClub. The INC must be provided a copy of all relevant reports and tests, Amended As of October 8, 2022 17 including the sideline and booth UNC reports, the Booth ATC Spotter report and team injury reports, and have access to video of the injury, where applicable, and the player-patient’s neurocognitive test results and interpretations. If the INC confirms the Club physician’s conclusion that the player-patient’s concussion has resolved, the player-patient is considered cleared and may participate in hisClub’s next game or practice.

1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

https://www.bengals.com/team/players-roster/

This says Chrisman is on the practice squad.  is that not up to date or did they move him back?

Huh?  I would say they have not updated their site.

I thought he was in at least for awhile.

Still no word on WR Mike Thomas.  Maybe he was cut and not coming back anywhere.

Edit...

Didn't Zac say something about a rotation?

It's Huber's week?

Still, putting Chrisman on the practice squad to be poached is dangerous.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/titans-todd-downing-addresses-dui-charge-calls-arrest-devastating

Titans’ Todd Downing addresses DUI charge, calls arrest ‘devastating’

Head coach Mike Vrabel said Downing will remain offensive coordinator

"We’ll continue forward with how things were – as Todd our offensive coordinator," Vrabel said. 

"Now those things can change. I want to make sure that everybody understands that, at any point in time, when we hear from the league or the legal process, those things could obviously change."  IE... will he be suspended for a game or so by the NFL?

Following Downing’s arrest, the NFL sent a memo to all teams reminding them of the league's policy regarding alcohol on team planes. 

"In light of recent events, clubs are reminded that League policy prohibits alcoholic beverages, including beer, in the locker rooms, practice or office facilities, or while traveling on team buses or planes at any time during the preseason, regular season, or postseason," the memo stated, according to ESPN. "This applies to all players, coaches, club personnel, and guests traveling with your team."

So was he drinking on the plane?  Nothing said, question evaded by the Titans.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/jason-williams/2022/11/23/prediction-bengals-vs-titans-and-cincinnati-vs-tulane-football/

Williams: Predictions for Bengals vs. Titans

1398199394000-jwilliams.jpg?width=48&heiJason Williams Cincinnati Enquirer

The Cincinnati Bengals return to Nashville's Nissan Stadium, where in January they won their first road playoff game in franchise history. A road victory against the AFC South-leading Tennessee Titans would go a long way toward helping the Bengals' playoff outlook

The rematch of last season’s AFC divisional playoff game in Nashville seems to have the makings of it being a similar, grind-it-out, field-goal fest.

The Bengals and Titans combined for five field goals in Cincinnati’s 19-16 victory, which was capped by Evan McPherson’s 52-yard boot as time expired.

The Titans have again taken on the hard-nosed personality of their head coach, Mike Vrabel, the former Ohio State and New England linebacker. Nothing flashy. They win with a stingy defense and handing the ball off to Derrick Henry, who leads the NFL in rushing.

The old-school style hasn’t won the Titans much attention across the NFL. But Tennessee has quietly won seven of its last eight games and is tied for second in the AFC with seven wins.

Here’s where we’re going to find out if the Bengals can beat a top contending team on the road. They were healthy going into Nashville in January. That’s not the case now.

Kudos to the Bengals’ injury-plagued offense for a gutsy performance in last Sunday’s comeback win in Pittsburgh. The defense, however, may be more of a concern.

The Stealers’ woeful offense scored a season-high 30 points. Rookie quarterback Kenny Pickett threw for a career-high 265 yards. Could another mediocre quarterback have a big day?

Titans QB Ryan Tannehill should be motivated to avenge his three interceptions in the playoff game. He admitted to reporters last spring that the loss left a “deep scar” and that he needed therapy to “pull me out of a dark space.”

Tannehill’s been around a long time. His game plan is simple: Avoid self-inflicted mistakes, hand the ball off to Henry and let the Titans’ defense take care of business.

Prediction: Titans win, 23-20 (Screw him...) 

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Didn't Zac say something about a rotation?

It's Huber's week?

Still, putting Chrisman on the practice squad to be poached is dangerous.

Please not this rotation shit again? They gave Chrisman a shot, he performed - that should be the end of it.  

I don't see anything about him going to the PS again, for what it's worth.  Expect they will cut Huber as soon as they need the roster spot.  Or they should, anyway.

7 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

https://www.bengals.com/team/players-roster/

This says Chrisman is on the practice squad.  is that not up to date or did they move him back?

the team is allowed to "elavate " practice squad players for game day up to 3 times  and they revert back to practice squad players so we never had two punters on the 53 roster,  ,   

37 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

the team is allowed to "elavate " practice squad players for game day up to 3 times  and they revert back to practice squad players so we never had two punters on the 53 roster,  ,   

ok, that also explains everyone saying Trenton Irwin was being signed even though he'd played against Shittsburgh.  The rules are not as simple as they have been in years past.  Thanks for the explanation! 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The question begs: who isn’t drinking on the plane?

The NFL is wholly inconsistent with their policies. Depends who is involved it seems 

Since it was a road game, he either:

A. Snuck in alcohol to team facilities (in which case he should be suspended/fired)

B. Titans allowed it (which means hefty fine)
C. He drank after picking up his car from airport.  That would be allowed since it was his own time, but I think the Titans plane landed pretty late so doubt anything was open. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Please not this rotation shit again? They gave Chrisman a shot, he performed - that should be the end of it.  

I don't see anything about him going to the PS again, for what it's worth.  Expect they will cut Huber as soon as they need the roster spot.  Or they should, anyway.

Agree 10000%

1 hour ago, stryker57 said:

Why would they risk it though?  There has to be a team out there looking to upgrade 

37 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Why would they risk it though?  There has to be a team out there looking to upgrade 

if a team claims him, do the Bengals get the chance to add him to the active roster first?  If so, then there is no risk. 

not sure how practice team rules work 

4 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

if a team claims him, do the Bengals get the chance to add him to the active roster first?  If so, then there is no risk. 

not sure how practice team rules work 

AFAIK they're fair game so long as it's not the next week's opponent and they stay on the active roster for at least 3 weeks.

Again I have to wonder why they'd risk it..  Because one Kevin Huber might feel some kinda way about it?  I hope not.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

AFAIK they're fair game so long as it's not the next week's opponent and they stay on the active roster for at least 3 weeks.

Again I have to wonder why they'd risk it..  Because one Kevin Huber might feel some kinda way about it?  I hope not.

yeah hopefully they aren’t keeping Huber around because of oh we can’t cut him during Thanksgiving crap. 

he’s a professional. He won’t cry like Dullton did.  Huber sucked and they should cut his ass 

Huber was an excellent punter and kept them in a lot of close games.  Time catches up to everyone, doesn't mean he sucks. He's just a 37 year old dude playing a young man's game.

I respect the guy & what he's done but it seems obvious Chrisman is the future.

Archived