UNTRUTH- Mini-Film

Montana Bengal

Some good info here but..

1. It is not the duty of one group to appease or placate another under threat of violence.  Asking them to do so is gaslighting and it's abusive.
  2. There needs to be equal effort to engage in good faith debate. I see "ProudBoy" militias, chain-wielding Nazi bikers herding a shit-flinging mob into storming our Capitol.  I see some of the people serving in it ranting about Jewish Space Lasers. Every other week brings a new mass shooting fueled by stochastic terrorism. These attacks are almost exclusively from the Extremist Right.  There's no meeting that in the middle.
  3. Russia funded Trump directly, people have been convicted in court over it, This happened.  Propaganda is a different issue.
  4. Separation of Church & State. Vaccines work. The moon is real. Trump Lost.  The good guys won the Civil War. Slavery & segregation happened. Billionaires make the rules but they aren't all Jewish or any other one thing besides obscenely wealthy. All races, genders, religions, & sexual orientations are welcomed in America.  You can put whatever you want on your pizza. This is what middle ground looks like.

Good news; I don't think this is anything close to a 50/50 split, not anymore.  Those "difficult" friends and family members have almost all abandoned Trump/MAGA and it showed in these recent elections.

The few that remain are only part of a very loud and dangerous lunatic fringe. We don't need to normalize them.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Some good info here but..

1. It is not the duty of one group to appease or placate another under threat of violence.  Asking them to do so is gaslighting and it's abusive.
  2. There needs to be equal effort to engage in good faith debate. I see "ProudBoy" militias, chain-wielding Nazi bikers herding a shit-flinging mob into storming our Capitol.  I see some of the people serving in it ranting about Jewish Space Lasers. Every other week brings a new mass shooting fueled by stochastic terrorism. These attacks are almost exclusively from the Extremist Right.  There's no meeting that in the middle.
  3. Russia funded Trump directly, people have been convicted in court over it, This happened.  Propaganda is a different issue.
  4. Separation of Church & State. Vaccines work. The moon is real. Trump Lost.  The good guys won the Civil War. Slavery & segregation happened. Billionaires make the rules but they aren't all Jewish or any other one thing besides obscenely wealthy. All races, genders, religions, & sexual orientations are welcomed in America.  You can put whatever you want on your pizza. This is what middle ground looks like.

Good news; I don't think this is anything close to a 50/50 split in America, not anymore.  Those "difficult" friends and family members have almost all abandoned Trump/MAGA and it showed in these recent elections.

The few that remain are only part of a very loud and dangerous lunatic fringe. We don't need to normalize them.

I agree largely with this but I'm not sure that they aren't abandoning Trump for at least reasonable Republicans, they are now propping up DeSantiz who imho might be worse as he isn't stupid.

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I agree largely with this but I'm not sure that they aren't abandoning Trump for at least reasonable Republicans, they are now propping up DeSantiz who imho might be worse as he isn't stupid.

I'm sure there's some of that but I think it's more wishful thinking from party leadership trying to change horses midstream.  1/6 and the Mar-a-Lago raid changed a lot of minds.  I don't know if pretending like nothing happened is going to bring them back.  I don't think the barrage of craziness from Boebert, MTG & so on is helping them either.  Those are still fringe views in this country.

Hate and anger are tiring, it's not sustainable for anyone but a fanatic.  They've got a naturally shrinking pool of support that only matters because it gets mainstream coverage and self-selects for the most unstable of people who lash out violently.  That behavior ultimately drives away far more than it attracts.

Archived