Bengals @ Titans - Gameday thread

16 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Mixon wouldn't have had that Offensive Penalty on the 1st Drive that took us out of FG position and potentially a TD drive, and instead led to a punt.

Mixon will fumble a lot less than Perine will. Perine will fumble two times this year before Mixon has his next fumble.

I don't think you're being fair to Perine. Sure, a strength of Joe Mixon is how he holds onto the ball but Perine has never lost a fumble as a Bengal. In fact his last fumble was 2017. So why are you slamming him as a fumbler? I'm not sure what that's based on

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3116389/samaje-perine

(Let's hope we didn't jinx him...)

1 minute ago, Kingspoint said:

Boss-Hog pointed out that it was Evans, not Perine, who had the OPI on the first drive.  That makes more sense as Perine seems to smart to have made such a blatantly stupid play.

Furthermore, fumbling is not a problem with Perine either

I just don't see Perine as being as good as Mixon right now when you take into account volume potential without fumbling.  That's very important.  Perine has had a very limited career and already has two fumbles.  That's generally when a player fumbles...early in their career, and then they get better, so Perine needs the opportunity.  In a season that is so long right now, it would be a great idea to give Mixon one more week off anyway and get Perine those snaps.  That would be a win-win for both players and for the team.

2 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Per carry it is compared to Mixon.  Perine has never had a large workload to find out if he can handle carrying the ball without fumbling game after game.  Mixon has.

That goes for anyone who hasn't been a starter

Just now, Kingspoint said:

I just don't see Perine as being as good as Mixon right now when you take into account volume potential without fumbling.  That's very important.  Perine has had a very limited career and already has two fumbles.  That's generally when a player fumbles...early in their career, and then they get better, so Perine needs the opportunity.  In a season that is so long right now, it would be a great idea to give Mixon one more week off anyway and get Perine those snaps.  That would be a win-win for both players and for the team.

Perine needs to work on his dancing behind the line

and pounding his chest on a two yard gain on 2nd and 15.

Archived