State Farm Chiefs Week

Hey everyone. Long time reader of the forum. I have a ticket to the game tomorrow in section 310, row 19, seat 17. I won’t be able to make it. If anyone would like it, I can transfer it to you. Just message me if you’d like the ticket. I would like it to get used by a Bengals fan since I can’t go.

High School Harry,

We are excited to welcome you to Paycor Stadium as we take on the Kansas City Chiefs in a rematch of last season's AFC Championship! In order to make sure you are ready to go please review our parking & mobile ticket guide.

PARKING
  • Bengals Parking is SOLD OUT for Sunday's Game
  • If you have not already purchased parking, we strongly recommend you avoid driving into The Banks area due to traffic and congestion
  • Parking can be found north of 3rd Street at established rates

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Not sure what you find about wanting to get off to a fast start and not beating ourselves with penalties and tipped balls is so offensive makes that me living in a different world but whatever floats your boat.

It would be the borderline soap opera level delusional reasoning why those things happened I think. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

For me it has been the blatant cheap shots over the years where they are obviously trying to inflict serious injury to our players. Rivers, Gio and Huber to name a few.  

Burfict takes out Brown and their fan base acts as if the crime of the century had occurred.  Annoying whining hypocrites. 

Add in the blatant cheating with the Steroids in the 70s, which probably cost us a playoff appearance or two, so it didn’t take me long to become a hater. 

Lynn Swan getting in the HOF while Anderson is denied is another example of blatant cronyism.  1 time all pro who never led the league in anything.  Tory Holt and Henry Ellard both have 8,000+ more receiving yards and are not in. 

yea the cheap shots are incredibly brutal and a long list but being an asshole isn’t conspiracy level. Getting away with it all perhaps. 

shazier crippled himself being a dirtbag player. I find it rye rolling to celebrate his recovery the past several years. You did it man. And you were being a dirtbag when you did it. 

This is just FYI and copy-and-pasted if you want to check it out.  Please do NOT shoot the messenger.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/12/02/chase-expected-to-play-vs-kc-mixon-remains-in-concussion-protocol/

👆🏼 Kelsey Conway Cincinnati Enquirer

👆🏼Geoff Hobson Bengals

👆🏼 Fox 19 Sports
     "Joe Mixon (concussion) missed last week’s win in Tennessee and is listed as questionable for the AFC Championship game rematch, the team’s injury report shows."

Basically all are saying is that as of Friday's practice Mixon was limited and listed as questionable.  (Ja'Marr full go).
So is he going to play?  Probably.
If he is... sub par will there be a short hook?  Possibly.
Do I, High School Harry, hope he plays, plays well and breaks his own record by scoring 6 touchdowns in a game?  Definitely.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-drue-chrisman-elevated-chiefs-week-13

"The Bengals today elevated P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad to the active roster for tomorrow's game against Kansas City.

Chrisman is classified as a standard elevation. As a practice squad player being elevated to the active roster for the game, he automatically will revert to the practice squad on Monday."

JMHO, but isn't putting him on the practice squad and elevating him for game days risky?  I think he is obviously better than any number of punters on other teams out there and maybe even worth a look-see as a kicker.  If he were to be poached, the fan base would really scream and rightfully so.  For as much as I like(d) Huber, he should take a hint and retire with dignity.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

For me it has been the blatant cheap shots over the years where they are obviously trying to inflict serious injury to our players. Rivers, Gio and Huber to name a few.  

Burfict takes out Brown and their fan base acts as if the crime of the century had occurred.  Annoying whining hypocrites. 

That's the whole of it,  Don't much care about the phantom PI calls & all the usual hamfisted bs that happens in lopsided games to keep them watchable.

They're possibly the dirtiest team in pro sports and not only do they get away with it, they're celebrated for it.   It's like if two boxers were squared up and then one of their managers kneecapped the other guy with a tire iron.  That's not toughness or whatever-the-fuck, it's being a cheating scumbag.  The Stealers are cheating scumbags yet will cry like a toddler that just dropped her ice cream if anyone dares give them a taste of their own medicine (Burfict).    That's their whole identity and it's sad that anyone admires it.

I can respect the fans of any other team but when I meet a Steeler fan I'm immediately on guard.  It may not always be fair but I have to assume if they're ok with that sort of behavior in sports there's a good chance they're ok with it in their own lives.

29 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-drue-chrisman-elevated-chiefs-week-13

"The Bengals today elevated P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad to the active roster for tomorrow's game against Kansas City.

Chrisman is classified as a standard elevation. As a practice squad player being elevated to the active roster for the game, he automatically will revert to the practice squad on Monday."

JMHO, but isn't putting him on the practice squad and elevating him for game days risky?  I think he is obviously better than any number of punters on other teams out there and maybe even worth a look-see as a kicker.  If he were to be poached, the fan base would really scream and rightfully so.  For as much as I like(d) Huber, he should take a hint and retire with dignity.

Someone else said we'd have a chance to match any offer, which I have to hope we would.   This is just a way to carry Huber in case of injury without losing a roster spot.  I think they can only do this for 3 weeks before they have to make a permanent move.  This would be the last "free" week by my count.

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Someone else said we'd have a chance to match any offer, which I have to hope we would.   This is just a way to carry Huber in case of injury without losing a roster spot.  I think they can only do this for 3 weeks before they have to make a permanent move.  This would be the last "free" week by my count.

Not sure about the matching offer thing but that could get pricy.

I do recall something, like you said, about the standard evaluation thing where they can only do it three times and I knew they were close.

We might end up carrying two punters for the rest of the season which would suck.

Probably would put Irwin back to the practice squad unless there was a surprise cut.  D' Smith? and him to practice squad?  Can they?

Dunno  but it is a problem.  I don't want to go into the home stretch and the tough (but doable) playoff run with two punters and deadwood on the 53.

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Not sure about the matching offer thing but that could get pricy.

I do recall something, like you said, about the standard evaluation thing where they can only do it three times and I knew they were close.

We might end up carrying two punters for the rest of the season which would suck.

Probably would put Irwin back to the practice squad unless there was a surprise cut.  D' Smith? and him to practice squad?  Can they?

Dunno  but it is a problem.  I don't want to go into the home stretch and the tough (but doable) playoff run with two punters and deadwood on the 53.

Can't imagine some other team is anxiously waiting to snatch up Kevin Huber.  If Chrisman gets hurt they just bring Huber back, or some other meh FA punter. 

Really starting to look like one of those classic MB "don't hurt anyone's fee-fees" decisions.  He's only made around $25-30 million off the Bengals in his career - won't someone think of his family?!  

On 12/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Le Tigre said:

There used to be a board years age "Stealer Nation" if I remember correctly. Their front guy was some dude who called himself "Diamond Dave". He was adored and worshiped by the other board members--could do no wrong. Smart guy, but incredibly "it's all me--anything less is shit". There were some disciples who were just as obnoxious. Most kinda knew their stuff, so they weren't lightweights. Just personification of StealerFan Deity. We used to have a ball going on there are messing with them--I was probably banned 7 times. 

I remember that/him from the Huddles board days. Damn, time flies.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Notes from overnight - Chase is a go for today and Mixon still hasn’t been cleared by docs -altho apparently that could still change between now and gametime as to Mixon. 

I think it's 50/50 at this point, If we were playing the 1 o'clock, I'd bet against it. The 4:30 who knows. Good that Perine is playing well right now though.

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If the “illness” is the same shit I have had for the past 3 days, dude will be lucky to move across a room—let alone bang heads with an NFL offensive line. 

My son has it, too.  Gave tic to a friend.

I am not thrilled about he idea of being around 463,000 other people.

That's how I got Covid.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

My son has it, too.  Gave tic to a friend.

I am not thrilled about he idea of being around 463,000 other people.

That's how I got Covid.

Hope the lad gets better soon. 

I wish this was Covid (it’s not)—I’ve had it and didn’t feel 1/4 of this bad. 

Archived