What a POS (Lamar Jackson)

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

It’s December and Jackson is injured.  Again. 

personally i think its more " oh i hurt my quad and have to go in the locker room early and now i just wont have the time to meet the media because i am getting some BS treatment and then dont have to talk to you...    in short its bullshit and he is hiding so he dont have to answer for he own mouth running. 

On 11/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, SF2 said:

Not sure why he even went off.  He played well. If anything Oliver was stupid to run that ball in at the 2 min mark.  He could have taken a knee at the one, run the clock all the way down and have Tucker kick a walk off chip shot.  Not that I am complaining. 

If he can triggered over a Tweet, he probably shouldn’t be on social media or playing QB in the NFL.  

he completed 50% of his passes and had 1 passing TD. im not sure thats playing well. he had just under 90 rushing yards, but thats just yards an actually running back could get. so its not always very impressive. if you dont want your QB hurt all the time stop having him run all the time.  hows RG3 these days? good long career? legs good? running QB's seem to have a short career span.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:24 AM, membengal said:

pattern - he doesn’t have an agent. He’s negotiating his own contract. His mom is his closest adviser. Work here in baltimore this AM is gonna be extra fun for me.

thats the joke.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:37 AM, Sea Ray said:

I don't want to hear from Harbaugh on this. I want to hear from the guy who tweeted this. What kind of wuss hides behind his coach in a situation like this?

one dumb enough to have got himself into it and refused to delete it for hours.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:30 AM, UncleEarl said:

Gotta be honest, this is a tempest in a teapot.  Jackson clapped back on social media to some rando.  Not a good look, but not a crime or anything. 

yea i dont think anyone wanted to toss him in jail. but its pretty pathetic, not responding in general, but an empty 9th grader comeback about eating dicks from someone in the spotlight for a decade in sports is equal parts sad and pathetic i think. and to begin with the"you never played so you cant criticize me" is a fucking joke. we all watched you throw for 50% on 4k tv's with instant replays man, it doesnt take a genius to know you didnt exactly carry your team to victory with great skill and precision. in fact you have kind of sucked since after the first three games, with 7 TD's and 5 picks in 8 games.

but youe holding out for a quarter billion dollars... wild.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, CincyInDC said:

I'm going to guess that Hendrickson has you covered.  I just wonder what exactly he says to opponents.  I mean, he has to keep in the Lord's good graces to help out with all his awesome plays. 

man watching him get in OL guys face after penalties, pointing at the jumbo tron showing them where they held right after guys complain about the call. man i need a hendrickson mic'd up.

On 11/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, Gary said:

I don't really care because I have told a lot of people to eat a bag of d in my life so I couldn't care less if someone else said something similar. I am not going to stand all high any mighty like some here sipping tea with their little finger sticking out while saying "ohhhh my stars!". 

difference being no one gives a shit what you or i say to anyone, and we arent publicly holding out for hundreds of millions based on our skill which is frankly going really poorly in front of the entire world... 

On 11/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, High School Harry said:

Maybe he has a concussion.

:ninja:

whoa just turned into the cool guy party.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:53 PM, stryker57 said:

personally i think its more " oh i hurt my quad and have to go in the locker room early and now i just wont have the time to meet the media because i am getting some BS treatment and then dont have to talk to you...    in short its bullshit and he is hiding so he dont have to answer for he own mouth running. 

this is potentially likely. which would be even funnier, he is so dumb they cant possibly risk him speaking again. perhaps he is really hurt. neither really makes for a good case for a huge long term contract.

this guy has been riding one great season for several years now. been hurt and mediocre since. i hope they give him a billion dollars for 20 years.

14 hours ago, GoBengals said:

he completed 50% of his passes and had 1 passing TD. im not sure thats playing well. he had just under 90 rushing yards, but thats just yards an actually running back could get. so its not always very impressive. if you dont want your QB hurt all the time stop having him run all the time.  hows RG3 these days? good long career? legs good? running QB's seem to have a short career span.

Jackson has only missed 4 games in 5 years due to injury so the “hurt all the time” claim doesn’t hold water. 

Comparing him to RGIII is laughable.  RGIII played in a playoff game with a torn ACL and proceeded to destroy his knee during that game.  

BTW, it was Griffin who wanted to run less and met with the coach but  Shanahan continued to use him like a 1970s Oklahoma QB.   Shanahan even admits that meeting took place. 

It tainted the legacy of Mike Shanahan who lost his job at 61 and hasn’t coached since. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Jackson has only missed 4 games in 5 years due to injury so the “hurt all the time” claim doesn’t hold water. 

Comparing him to RGIII is laughable.  RGIII played in a playoff game with a torn ACL and proceeded to destroy his knee during that game.  

BTW, it was Griffin who wanted to run less and met with the coach but  Shanahan continued to use him like a 1970s Oklahoma QB.   Shanahan even admits that meeting took place. 

It tainted the legacy of Mike Shanahan who lost his job at 61 and hasn’t coached since. 

youre right, i guess he just keeps getting worse based on performance not injury, i guess thats worse.

RG3 was trashing his knees and ankle long before he even got to washington, well his whole body then after that.

image.png

39 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

youre right, i guess he just keeps getting worse based on performance not injury, i guess thats worse.

RG3 was trashing his knees and ankle long before he even got to washington, well his whole body then after that.

image.png

Oh, I totally agree that Lamar’s play is getting less effective.  NFL defensive coordinators are paid a lot to figure shit out.   The Ravens under Harbaugh have never been known to be offensively innovative. Can’t keep going back to the Jackson well. 

Add in the Ravens have meh receivers, 1 good TE and no healthy running backs (everyone has had Kenyon Drake in their Fantasy Team this year) and it’s about what you would expect.

They literally signed Desean Jackson 2 weeks ago and are playing him. 

Jackson isn’t RBIII. Doesn’t take the abuse like he did   

Jackson will go the way of Vick. Exciting player, makes plays with his feet but can’t get it done against quality playoff teams.  

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Oh, I totally agree that Lamar’s play is getting less effective.  NFL defensive coordinators are paid a lot to figure shit out.   The Ravens under Harbaugh have never been known to be offensively innovative. Can’t keep going back to the Jackson well. 

Add in the Ravens have meh receivers, 1 good TE and no healthy running backs (everyone has had Kenyon Drake in their Fantasy Team this year) and it’s about what you would expect.

They literally signed Desean Jackson 2 weeks ago and are playing him. 

Jackson isn’t RBIII. Doesn’t take the abuse like he did   

Jackson will go the way of Vick. Exciting player, makes plays with his feet but can’t get it done against quality playoff teams.  

last paragraph is pretty spot on IMO. They’ll beat the occasional mediocre playoff team. But good defensive teams make him beat you by making good reads and throws and he hasn’t done a ton of that. 

How timely this discussion is on Lamar's injury concerns. It appears that he's suffered a serious injury today. To his credit, he's been able to play his game and largely avoid injuries until today. It appears that his luck ran out. 

I like what this means for the Bengals chances this year but I don't like what this means for his future contract. I was hoping the Ravens would give him a bazillion dollars

3 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

How timely this discussion is on Lamar's injury concerns. It appears that he's suffered a serious injury today. To his credit, he's been able to play his game and largely avoid injuries until today. It appears that his luck ran out. 

I like what this means for the Bengals chances this year but I don't like what this means for his future contract. I was hoping the Ravens would give him a bazillion dollars

He was limping and had trouble with the stairs but they showed him heading to the locker room upright.  Not sure if that means a lot but he wasn't carted off.

He got injured on a sack which has happened more to Burrow than Jackson.   It looked a bit ugly and I doubt he was feigning it.  

Now the Ravens will pay the price for having one of the worst receiving corps in the league and marginal HEALTHY running backs.  

If he has to sit back in the pocket and pass, we should win the division. 

They have to play the Steelers this week. The Steelers still have a good D, Watt will get to him. All Picket has to do is game manage.

And that's assuming Lamar even plays, if he doesn't the Steelers win this going away. The Rats almost lost to a very shitty Denver team without Jackson. If he's not on the field the Steelers will win that.

Tyler Huntley is an OK clone. He made some things happen yesterday for them. If he is only needed for 2 weeks, they could get by. 

But, in the event of something different, there is always

4 teams who could sign Baker Mayfield after he was released

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/12/5/23494377/baker-mayfield-49ers-ravens-rams-jets-nfl-free-agent

46 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Tyler Huntley is an OK clone. He made some things happen yesterday for them. If he is only needed for 2 weeks, they could get by. 

But, in the event of something different, there is always

4 teams who could sign Baker Mayfield after he was released

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/12/5/23494377/baker-mayfield-49ers-ravens-rams-jets-nfl-free-agent

If I am Mayfield I choose the 49ners

34 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If anyone claims him though, they pick up his contract. If no one claims him, he is s FA and has to work out a contract. 

That depends. If the release included termination of contract (other than the parts fully guaranteed by CAR), then the terms are ended.

Archived