Trenton Irwin

37 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats insane in 24..

Who to keep?

All but Boyd and Jonah????

I see Higgins and Wilson as must signs after this year..

Joe gets a contract done by the playoffs when they are allowed to do it as his 3rd regular season will be over. They did this for Carson, I expect they get it done for Joe.

I also think of the guys that are due this year that they keep Bell, Hurst and maybe even Eli as a dark horse. 

Next offseason they work on keeping Higgins and Wilson.

When is Pratt due?

I think the rest of the are likely gone just because they typically dont keep guys on a 3rd contract...... of course I say that saying they are keeping Bell this year.

If they do I think you have to target Reader above everyone else on that list.

Gonna have to draft well the next few years as we are not going to be at the top of the draft for a very very long time. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Joe gets a contract done by the playoffs when they are allowed to do it as his 3rd regular season will be over. They did this for Carson, I expect they get it done for Joe.

I also think of the guys that are due this year that they keep Bell, Hurst and maybe even Eli as a dark horse. 

Next offseason they work on keeping Higgins and Wilson.

When is Pratt due?

I think the rest of the are likely gone just because they typically dont keep guys on a 3rd contract...... of course I say that saying they are keeping Bell this year.

If they do I think you have to target Reader above everyone else on that list.

Gonna have to draft well the next few years as we are not going to be at the top of the draft for a very very long time. 

Whoever is the capoligist for the Bengals has their work cut out..

Yes a top draft is a must after the season...

Who do we draft at 32?...😎

59 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats insane in 24..

Who to keep?

All but Boyd and Jonah????

I see Higgins and Wilson as must signs after this year..

I suspect Higgins might want a shot at a WR1 spot somewhere else, but maybe not?

I'd be happy to move on from Jonah Williams but I don't know if that's likely without some draft magic.  A significant upgrade may be out of their price range otherwise.  Hopefully he looks better healthy, whenever that happens.

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I suspect Higgins might want a shot at a WR1 spot somewhere else, but maybe not?

I'd be happy to move on from Jonah Williams but I don't know if that's likely without some draft magic.  A significant upgrade may be out of their price range otherwise.  Hopefully he looks better healthy, whenever that happens.

The question will be does he want top ten WR1 money??

That would put a crimp in contract talks..

Maybe Housh could talk to some of these guys like Tee. Housh thought the grass was gonna be greener and he regretted leaving.

I understand you have to grab the money when you can, but if it comes down to taking a little less to build something special, and build your legacy, that has a lot of value too.

Got to looking at a Tee Higgins future cintract..

Sportec has him at 4yrs 58mil..

Dug deeper and saw th Broncos gave Courtland Sutton a 4yr 60mil deal.

Broncos have to have the worst front office in the league..

Idiocy with every major move by them..

Higgins will definately find a suitor at 4yr 60mil deal..

Will the Bengals sign him at that rate?

I still hope so..

He's a dynamic game changer..

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

All the more reason to let Mixon go.  

Could not agree more.

However, working against this is his popularity with (most of) the fans and presence in the locker room

and the Bengals woeful tendency to hold on to players and coaches (*coughMarvin Lewis cough) too long.

He simply ain't worth it.

And I will Booo my ass off Sunday when he does the Backfield Boogaloo for a two yard loss.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Could not agree more.

However, working against this is his popularity with (most of) the fans and presence in the locker room

and the Bengals woeful tendency to hold on to players and coaches (*coughMarvin Lewis cough) too long.

He simply ain't worth it.

And I will Booo my ass off Sunday when he does the Backfield Boogaloo for a two yard loss.

I'm certainly not as anti-Mixon as you are, but that's a lot of money to pay for a player that is average.  Especially when a lot of really good players are due to get their first non-rookie deal.  You can't sign everyone to a top deal at their position, and if you have someone who is underperforming, well....

31 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm certainly not as anti-Mixon as you are, but that's a lot of money to pay for a player that is average.  Especially when a lot of really good players are due to get their first non-rookie deal.  You can't sign everyone to a top deal at their position, and if you have someone who is underperforming, well....

I'm not really that anti-Mixon just, with the exception of one game where a major repair of the Oline was made, he has been, as you said, average (at best) and is not doing tons and bunches for the team.

But otherwise I totally agree and well said.

Mixon should be cut after this season. Paying top dollar to a running back is a luxury and we won't be able to afford it after this season. 

They should absolutely pay Higgins 15 mil per year if he'll take it. It probably means letting Boyd go but that's ok.

Bell, Hurst, and Pratt should be kept if they aren't asking for big raises. Likewise Reader. 

The guys currently on rookie deals who are in line for big raises are Burrow, Higgins, Wilson, and Chase. Williams will be on his 5th year option next season but his market value may be lower than that if they want to keep him around. Otherwise, trade up in the first round for a tackle. 

Archived