Trenton Irwin

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He'll be 30 in 2024s free agency..

Even If he keeps playing at high level

doubt thet sign him to another mega deal.

Agree.  I had hoped Shelvin would have been his eventual replacement, but Shelvin hasn't really done anything to warrant a spot on the 53 man roster. I suspect we draft a NT this offseason.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Aaron Donald is still the best 3Tech.

Harder to find than NT..

Reader's contract was a megadeal..

Whatever the position, disrupter interprets the same. 

DJ was irreplaceable when out…just patched over. If “price not right” when comes time—going to be able to find that piece? 

Another thing I always wonder about: all of the internet GM’s everywhere are parcelling out the franchise money to those of the “right price”…expecting any and all players to dance to the financial tunes. It may be a fun game to play, but it has no basis in reality. It’s OK…it’s why we’re all here. 

“Saving money for Burrow/Chase/Man in the Moon”. Is a default setting. They will get theirs —and so will everyone else they want to keep around. It’s not either or. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

DJ was irreplaceable when out…just patched over. If “price not right” when comes time—going to be able to find that piece? 

Another thing I always wonder about: all of the internet GM’s everywhere are parcelling out the franchise money to those of the “right price”…expecting any and all players to dance to the financial tunes. It may be a fun game to play, but it has no basis in reality. It’s OK…it’s why we’re all here. 

“Saving money for Burrow/Chase/Man in the Moon”. Is a default setting. They will get theirs —and so will everyone else they want to keep around. It’s not either or. 

Allright then..

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I don't see how they can afford to keep everyone.  Burrow alone is going to be a challenge.

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't see how they can afford to keep everyone.  Burrow alone is going to be a challenge.

Well, then they keep no one—other than Burrow. Lots of teams have had this happen to them, they won’t be the first. 

But the approach cannot be: “team-friendly deals” , “on the cheap”, or “prove-its”…if they want to retain even a modicum of the core great players they have. 

Sometimes a QB and a Hoodie can keep the championships in sight. No Hoodie here though, so it will be mix and match/hope for the best. 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Well, then they keep no one—other than Burrow. Lots of teams have had this happen to them, they won’t be the first. 

But the approach cannot be: “team-friendly deals” , “on the cheap”, or “prove-its”…if they want to retain even a modicum of the core great players they have. 

Sometimes a QB and a Hoodie can keep the championships in sight. No Hoodie here though, so it will be mix and match/hope for the best. 

The Hoodie is one game over .500 without The QB and has gone nowhere since The QB left.  

Otherwise though I tend to agree, they've got to draft well to avoid a setback because some of these guys are gonna be elsewhere.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, BengalBacker said:

Maybe Housh could talk to some of these guys like Tee. Housh thought the grass was gonna be greener and he regretted leaving.

I understand you have to grab the money when you can, but if it comes down to taking a little less to build something special, and build your legacy, that has a lot of value too.

tough sell to a young kid who thinks he knows best and will be great no matter where he goes, which is most young players, not sure i can say that about our, but, most of these guys came from big programs and endless winning, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, LSU, so winning is taken for granted, 

On 11/29/2022 at 10:37 PM, claptonrocks said:

Got to looking at a Tee Higgins future cintract..

Sportec has him at 4yrs 58mil..

Dug deeper and saw th Broncos gave Courtland Sutton a 4yr 60mil deal.

Broncos have to have the worst front office in the league..

Idiocy with every major move by them..

Higgins will definately find a suitor at 4yr 60mil deal..

Will the Bengals sign him at that rate?

I still hope so..

He's a dynamic game changer..

the broncos are easily the most delusional, cocky, shit eating franchises i have ever seen exist. they CONSTANTLY give big deals to super mediocre players, like the benglas had to overpay to keep guys due to being bad, the broncos have a big market, a storied winning franchise, multiple SB wins, and recent one, the QB drafted has been pathetic, they have several times given big cash to local or mediocre players who had a mediocre season but think ALWAYS their guy is about to pop off next year. Elway has been milking this entire state for decades, car dealerships, mortgage companies, endorsing anything that comes his way, showing up drunk to meet coaching candidates, recording himself going to trump inauguration, just a building full of people who think the state lives and breaths with them, and they suck and the nuggets and Avs are good, broncos tickets are half price and being given away right now, and the nuggets and avs are packing the arena even on weeknight games against bad teams. I have nuggets season tickets, one of my employees is a nuggets dancer, the teams loves fans fun team like the bengals, all good dudes, no egos, fun shit. the brncos are just an entire organization of russell wilsons. success on others coattails and think they can do no wrong. I hate the broncos. 

On 11/30/2022 at 7:15 AM, High School Harry said:

Could not agree more.

However, working against this is his popularity with (most of) the fans and presence in the locker room

and the Bengals woeful tendency to hold on to players and coaches (*coughMarvin Lewis cough) too long.

He simply ain't worth it.

And I will Booo my ass off Sunday when he does the Backfield Boogaloo for a two yard loss.

seems many people here are thinking of running back salaries of old. the top backs are getting 16/15/15mil a year, at 12 mixon is in the middle of the 2nd tier RB pack, 

with the trash line this year he is middle pack ,but he was 3rd in nfl rushing yards last year, and 4th in touchdowns. there is absolutely no reason to be shitting all over him like everyone is. he is a team captain for a reason, the players chose him as a captain, he is very skilled, and has a great attitude, and is a great teammate. the cap is gonna be something like 225 million next year, mixons 12 isnt hurting much of anything. bates alone covers mixons entire contract. and bates will be gone.

On 11/30/2022 at 7:33 AM, UncleEarl said:

I'm certainly not as anti-Mixon as you are, but that's a lot of money to pay for a player that is average.  Especially when a lot of really good players are due to get their first non-rookie deal.  You can't sign everyone to a top deal at their position, and if you have someone who is underperforming, well....

its really not a lot of money. thats what good RB get paid, the only guys making less than him are on rookie deals like barkley, and still making about 8mil. 

blowing up a consistent good RB who is a great team player and likes being in fucking ohio to save like 5-6 mil on a 225 mil cap is not good decision making. especially since he is a 5 mil+ cap hit if cut. so you gonna pay another back 5-6mil even if drafted, pay mixon cap hit of 5.5mil to save like 500k.

cmon man.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, sparky151 said:

Mixon should be cut after this season. Paying top dollar to a running back is a luxury and we won't be able to afford it after this season. 

They should absolutely pay Higgins 15 mil per year if he'll take it. It probably means letting Boyd go but that's ok.

Bell, Hurst, and Pratt should be kept if they aren't asking for big raises. Likewise Reader. 

The guys currently on rookie deals who are in line for big raises are Burrow, Higgins, Wilson, and Chase. Williams will be on his 5th year option next season but his market value may be lower than that if they want to keep him around. Otherwise, trade up in the first round for a tackle. 

image.png

in his bad games Jonah has been attention seekingly bad, but aside from 2-3 games, he has played very well pass blocking, and is consistent season after season.

he is gonna make 12 mil, a third of the NFL is spending that on BOTH tackles, if you somehow land a miracle great LT which everyone here seems to think is super easy, and there are like 6 in the entire NFL, you can move jonah into guard and have 5 good linemen. because volsen fucking sucks.

13 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

How old is Reader? He will be on his 3rd contract so that gets risky that it wont age well. Having said that, he is the key to the D right now. 

aside from the top 2-3 guys in the league not really a huge money position inside. i dont forsee reader being a contract problem, he will either age out or likely be reasonable to keep around at that age.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

no it isnt.

the projected cap increase, ditches bates salary, and what burrow is already counting on the cap, those thing alone account for like 40 million.

one hopefully promising thing burrow has said:

1. said he makes plenty of money now, when asked about the deal months ago, said he isnt worried about it.

2. on 2 separate occasions in the same topic he mentioned tom brady taking way less than his value to keep good players around him. so it seems he may be smart enough and lacks the ego to require top billing for money sake. he is collecting like 50 million as it is, he is going to land hundreds. fingers crossed.

but he seems smart enough to ensure he can have jamarr and tee type talent around him.

i think wr 3 may be a constant draft pick rotation going forward tho.

and hendrickson, mixon, bell, reader etc everyone is up by end of 2024. only joe and tee his before 2025 cap. which could be 250mil or so by then.

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Joe Mixon is paid like Dalvin Cook, Derreck Henry, and Nick Chubb.  He isn't in their league.  He's an average RB with quite a few miles on him that gets paid like a top RB. 

Cutting him would leave $5M in dead cap next season, but save $10M in real cash.  RBs are rarely taken in the first round anymore, but even if the Bengals did take a RB in the second half of the first round the rookie deal would be in the neighborhood of 4yrs @ $12-15M.  No where near Mixon's current salary.  If the Bengals want to clear some money to sign players next year like Pratt and Burrow, cutting an underperforming RB is a real possibility.

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Joe Mixon is paid like Dalvin Cook, Derreck Henry, and Nick Chubb.  He isn't in their league.  He's an average RB with quite a few miles on him that gets paid like a top RB. 

Cutting him would leave $5M in dead cap next season, but save $10M in real cash.  RBs are rarely taken in the first round anymore, but even if the Bengals did take a RB in the second half of the first round the rookie deal would be in the neighborhood of 4yrs @ $12-15M.  No where near Mixon's current salary.  If the Bengals want to clear some money to sign players next year like Pratt and Burrow, cutting an underperforming RB is a real possibility.

lol ......yea their career stats are just lightyears apart... that i guess that 80 yards per season(5 yards or less per game) and 1/2 TD's per season is a HUGE distinction in pay scale for you. as tough of a season as joe is having, he has more touchdowns that cook. give me a break.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.16.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.16.29 PM.png

It’s just the reality of a league with a hard salary cap.  

Quick question, how many of you guys have played fantasy with a TRUE cash draft?   It is way harder than you think to pick a good team.  

My buddy was always top 3 in our league. Always spent a huge amount of time preparing.  Never had the best anything.  The guy who took Manning with most of his money first never won anything. 

The reality is Tee Higgins didn’t spend the last 18 years preparing for this moment to take a team friendly deal to win shit.  He is 23 years old, not a 38 year old QB already worth half a billion.   He is a WR1 period.  He is currently 10th in receiving yards.  He is going to get paid. 

KC let Tyrek Hill go to Miami. Pretty easy for Miami when you are paying your QB1 $3.5 mil a year instead of almost $40 mil. 

9 hours ago, MULLY said:

I understand these guys wanting to get top dollar, but I sure miss the days when it was team loyalty. 

but the problem was the teams never extended back the same loyalty.   it would be way easier if the league didnt allow teams to use bloated fake contracts with money never seen to players with over inflated egos.   , lol but then again baseball

makes their teams pay out any stupid contract they sign and it has not stopped them from making them. 

44 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

but the problem was the teams never extended back the same loyalty.   it would be way easier if the league didnt allow teams to use bloated fake contracts with money never seen to players with over inflated egos.   , lol but then again baseball

makes their teams pay out any stupid contract they sign and it has not stopped them from making them. 

The only League that has defied this chicanery is MLB. Contracts are contracts—you sign ‘em, you pay ‘em…no matter how long they are. No “cut to save money”/backload/front loads…straight up. Only way out of them is by trade. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

The reality is Tee Higgins didn’t spend the last 18 years preparing for this moment to take a team friendly deal to win shit.  He is 23 years old, not a 38 year old QB already worth half a billion.   He is a WR1 period.  He is currently 10th in receiving yards.  He is going to get paid. 

Exactly, he's shown the ability & I would not fault him for wanting to go somewhere he can be that WR1. 

Archived