Trenton Irwin

18 minutes ago, MOC said:

I'm thinking of making it for the next tailgate 

1/2 :ph34r:

I know that stuff is disgusting but with enough ground beef and chili powder added.. can of Rotel tomatoes.. the can of cream of mushroom soup required in all trash cooking..

god help me if I won't be scraping the bottom of the crockpot with the last sad crumbs of tortilla chip.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The only League that has defied this chicanery is MLB. Contracts are contracts—you sign ‘em, you pay ‘em…no matter how long they are. No “cut to save money”/backload/front loads…straight up. Only way out of them is by trade. 

And nobody cares about MLB.  99% of Americans couldn’t pick Justin Verlander or Aaron Judge out of a lineup. 

On 11/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, MULLY said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m liking this kid a LOT. Not just his playing, when you see an interview he comes across as a really good guy. I’m a fan. I hope he keeps getting better and stays on that field. 

Yeah I like him too. Hopefully we get to see more of him just in case they have to let one of the Amigos go. 

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

If (when) that becomes the case would we want to sacrifice Boyd if it would help keep Tee?

Asking for the same proverbial friend.

Not in my mind, but only because I'm willing to sacrifice both for OL or some other position besides WR.  Too many key players heading for free agency over the next 2 years to be tying up so much money in the receiver room.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

And nobody cares about MLB.  99% of Americans couldn’t pick Justin Verlander or Aaron Judge out of a lineup. 

A simple example of what can be done in protecting players from use/abuse teams. That is, if there is actually another union that gives a tinkers damn.

I don’t particularly care either, however…it is not my contract or my money. 

12 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Good story and good for Chase. 

Wide receivers have a reputation, in general, for being divas. The fact that ours are not is a large part of the reason that our WR corps is so tight, and that is why you do NOT bring someone like OBJ into the mix. Sometimes team chemistry trumps talent, especially with our young guys. 

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I'd keep Higgins over Boyd..

Don't think that's a hard choice..

Generally agree but the decision does get a bit harder when you consider the potential contracts involved.  Higgins arguably deserves #1 money vs Boyd as a #3/slot.

53 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Generally agree but the decision does get a bit harder when you consider the potential contracts involved.  Higgins arguably deserves #1 money vs Boyd as a #3/slot.

Added complaxity  Higgins will be contract #2 and Boyd #3. Second contracts are preferrable.

Salary cap expected to be $220M in 2023 and $280M in 3 years. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, GoBengals said:

lol ......yea their career stats are just lightyears apart... that i guess that 80 yards per season(5 yards or less per game) and 1/2 TD's per season is a HUGE distinction in pay scale for you. as tough of a season as joe is having, he has more touchdowns that cook. give me a break.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.16.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.16.29 PM.png

What is done with Mixon isn't about what he has done in the past, it's what he's going to do next season and is it worth it.  He has a lot of miles on him and isn't playing at nearly the level of the aforementioned players.  It's reality.  The past doesn't matter.  He's been paid very well and knows what can happen in the NFL. 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:21 PM, High School Harry said:

If (when) that becomes the case would we want to sacrifice Boyd if it would help keep Tee?

Asking for the same proverbial friend.

They will probably have to do so.  You want Tee Higgins through his second contract.  Boyd will be at the end of his deal.  Very nice slot receiver.  Let someone else pay him as his game likely deteriorates during his third contract.

There is alot of assumption that Tee can be resigned. Are we sure he doesn't want to go be a #1 somewhere else? That's why Marvin Jones Jr left, we offered him a good contract but he wanted to be a #1 and he wasn't going to be with AJ Green here.

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

There is alot of assumption that Tee can be resigned. Are we sure he doesn't want to go be a #1 somewhere else? That's why Marvin Jones Jr left, we offered him a good contract but he wanted to be a #1 and he wasn't going to be with AJ Green here.

It would be a bigger assumption that he wants out of town. If we offer a market value deal, I'd think he'll take it. Both to get paid and financially set for life sooner, and because he's on a team that values him and can win games. The teams offering the most money are usually bad teams that have lots of cap room due to lack of talent. 

9 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Does Tee want to work with the best passer in the NFL in a situation that suits him? That's a tough situation to pass up. Marvin Jones wasn't exactly leaving Joe Burrow when he opted for free agency

And Marvin Jones wasn't exactly Tee Higgins.

Speaking of Marvin Jones, who I had forgotten was still in the league, how did that work out for him?

I am hoping things like Tee's connection to the team and community and also future chances for playoffs (and beyond?)

will entice him to stay.  The (financial) grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but that does not necessarily

mean its better.

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

A lot has to do with the agent.  What is he saying in his ear?  These guys are greedy as hell.  They want every last dime and often don't care how it effects the player's career.

He  has Jessie Bates agent, which is a large part of why I think we are going to have trouble keeping him.

Who's to say the Bengals won't offer Higgins top 10 WR money?  Just because they don't offer Bates the money he wants doesn't mean they won't give it to Higgins.  The Bengals have historically favored paying offensive players over defensive players.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

He  has Jessie Bates agent, which is a large part of why I think we are going to have trouble keeping him.

Meh...I don't think it's that.  The Bengals aren't willing to make Bates a top paid FS, and for good reason.  He doesn't make that kind of impact.  Higgins does make that kind of impact and historically the Bengals have paid those players.

Archived