Huber Waived

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Huber is a vested vet who has the option of taking termination pay once in his career, it the remaining balance of his 2022 salary. But he may be better off taking PS pay for 2 months and finding a new team next season. 

I doubt he looks for a new team. I think he will retire. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, that's certainly possible. But unless some team claims him on waivers (unlikely), he'll be a free agent. Bengals might put him on the PS but even there he'll be signable by other teams. He'll be on the list of available punters for every GM who suddenly needs one. 

I'm sure his salary for the year is guaranteed regardless

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He doesn't need to be on the PS to do that.  Why not offer him some kind of temp assistant coach gig instead if he's worth it and save that spot for someone that might conceivably see the field again?

you mean like a punter, if the new one gets hurt ?  lol which is exactly what Huber would be. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He doesn't need to be on the PS to do that.  Why not offer him some kind of temp assistant coach gig instead if he's worth it and save that spot for someone that might conceivably see the field again?

If there is an injury you can always pick someone off another PS.  Huber has earned the right to stick around for the playoff run.  He's a Bengal through and through.  Been through good and bad.  The Brown family will take care of him. 

Archived