Tommy Bay Week

8 hours ago, Gary said:

Dislocated finger is nothing.. Dislocated thumb is something. Dislocated my thumb a couple weeks ago. Still hurts, but I could still play football (my flag football team). Dislocated ring finger on left hand and I was back out there the same day, and the following week. Just taped middle and ring finger together for support, and I was fine. It just felt like cracking your knuckles when putting it back into the socket. Didn't hurt at all. Thumb did though.. Was good for football 5 days later though. Thumb still hurts when I bang it against something hard, but it's been two weeks and it's mostly fine now. 

Boyd's dislocation also had to have fluid drained from it, seems a bit more than a normal one.

Zac Taylor reveals status of Hendrickson, Hilton, Higgins and Boyd vs. Bucs

Chris Roling

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told reporters that defensive end Trey Hendrickson (broken wrist) and cornerback Mike Hilton (knee) will miss the game.

He also revealed that both wideouts Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd practiced in full on Friday and that he’s optimistic both can play.

That means the offense should return two of its biggest weapons. Joseph Ossai and others will step in on the edge for Hendrickson. Cornerback is more interesting, as Hilton’s backup, Jalen Davis, is also battling an injury — meaning first-round rookie Dax Hill could earn the start there.

Given how cautious the Bengals have approached injuries this year, the absences for the two defenders isn’t a surprise, nor would either of the wideouts sitting out for one more week. But for now before kickoff, this is where the biggest names on the report land.

52 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Found out it’s his middle finger on left hand. Let him rest it or wear those magnet gloves. 😎

So there goes one fun way that Boyd could show the Bucs what he really thinks of them....it is the middle finger after all...hehehe.

...let me have my fun, I know it's juvenile...

On 12/16/2022 at 7:32 AM, Jamie_B said:

Boyd's dislocation also had to have fluid drained from it, seems a bit more than a normal one.

He might have dislocated it prior then? Mine was pretty bad looking. My ring finger one was that is (left ring finger like in pic below). It looked like the pic below. I wish I got a pic of it but I wasn't thinking about it and just grabbed it and popped it back in. But the pic is how it looked. It happened on a pass play. I was even wearing gloves. It just hit my finger funny, and our QB was an old college D2 level QB 15 years ago. 

My Thumb popped itself back into place like the ligaments were much tighter. It was my right thumb. It bent all the way back and then popped and put itself back in. Whole thumb was bruised after and I had to wear a splint to work. It happened when loading a heavy package on the shelf in an Amazon truck. The package caught on the lip of the shelf and stopped immediately. It was about a 50lbs package so I was pushing it hard. It looked like the pic below except it was my right thumb and my thumb was swollen a lot more than that one. At first I thought I tore my ligaments, but after a few days it was OK and I was able to catch passes. I probably strained the ligaments pretty good, and I wonder how it will affect me in my 50s-80s if it will come back as arthritis. Same with ring finger. 

download.jpg

0_CDR_MAI_080422MAESTEGFALL01.jpg

18 minutes ago, Gary said:

He might have dislocated it prior then? Mine was pretty bad looking. My ring finger one was that is (left ring finger like in pic below). It looked like the pic below. I wish I got a pic of it but I wasn't thinking about it and just grabbed it and popped it back in. But the pic is how it looked. It happened on a pass play. I was even wearing gloves. It just hit my finger funny, and our QB was an old college D2 level QB 15 years ago. 

My Thumb popped itself back into place like the ligaments were much tighter. It was my right thumb. It bent all the way back and then popped and put itself back in. Whole thumb was bruised after and I had to wear a splint to work. It happened when loading a heavy package on the shelf in an Amazon truck. The package caught on the lip of the shelf and stopped immediately. It was about a 50lbs package so I was pushing it hard. It looked like the pic below except it was my right thumb and my thumb was swollen a lot more than that one. At first I thought I tore my ligaments, but after a few days it was OK and I was able to catch passes. I probably strained the ligaments pretty good, and I wonder how it will affect me in my 50s-80s if it will come back as arthritis. Same with ring finger. 

download.jpg

0_CDR_MAI_080422MAESTEGFALL01.jpg

Ouch!!

On 12/16/2022 at 1:53 AM, Gary said:

Dislocated finger is nothing.. Dislocated thumb is something. Dislocated my thumb a couple weeks ago. Still hurts, but I could still play football (my flag football team). Dislocated ring finger on left hand and I was back out there the same day, and the following week. Just taped middle and ring finger together for support, and I was fine. It just felt like cracking your knuckles when putting it back into the socket. Didn't hurt at all. Thumb did though.. Was good for football 5 days later though. Thumb still hurts when I bang it against something hard, but it's been two weeks and it's mostly fine now. 

yes but was your bone sticking out?  i believe i read Boyds was. 

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I have a sickening feeling the refs are going to play a bigger part of this game in Tampa Brady on their behalf than we would like.

1,000%. They have to soothe his ego after the beat down he got last week.

Archived