On To New England Hoodie Week

23 hours ago, Griever said:

I absolutely love Hendrickson, and definitely want him on the field as much as possible. That being said, can anyone enlighten me as to how you can have a broken wrist which, "can't get worse", and be able to play professional football? With no need for a club? Just curious, I'm not super knowledgeable about medical issues, and definitely want Trey on the field as much as possible down the stretch.

51 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

https://985thesportshub.com/listicle/patriots-bengals-weather-forecast-foxboro-cold/

good read about temps and the hopes of New England . They think bengals don’t play in cold weather…. Ok. 

A little Adeniji-reporting-as-an-eligible-receiver plays would be a nice offset to the cold. 

On 12/22/2022 at 5:11 AM, High School Harry said:

No prob.  I guess.

My more sane (?) eval of Jackson Carman is that he is so far back in the organization's dog house he is only allowed out to pee. (double secret probation?)

Unless there is more going on to and with him than we know, he has been written off by the team as a high draft pick, home town boy, bust.

The only draft pick selected that high to get shabbier treatment was the immortal Kirby Chriswell, the second round pick cut in training camp,

infamous for dropped acid before practice and getting lost in the woods  in Wilmington and never finding his way to the field.

The irony here is Paul Brown avoided guys for rumors of marijuana (passed on drafting Dan Marino for that reason) but had never

heard of LSD.

Jackson "The Enigma" Carman certainly pissed someone off (like me?) unless, like I said, there is more going on with him than we know.

For whatever reason, including he ain't that good, they have zero trust in him to protect Franchise Joe.  OT Smith, too, but he was not a 2nd round pick.

In one of the recent post game victory celebrations/game ball presentation I did catch a glimpse of him, easy to pick out because everyone was in

white jerseys and he was in a black tee shirt.

One poster on here suggested we are trying to keep him healthy so we can try to trade him for chump change before simply cutting him at the end of

the season.  Dunno.

But he (and D' Smith) have been healthy scratches most of the season even with problems with the O line and, I think, a few times there were so

many people inactive that he could have suited up and been on the sideline.  Maybe they don't eat enough glass.

So, IMHO, deep in the doghouse or, God forbid, something else far more serious going on than we know.

yea we set him up for absolute failure and he did absolutely nothing to change that career path.

such a bummer.we the 30% success rate on 1st and 2nd round OL picks the league has going, we are pretty due for a solid one..

On 12/22/2022 at 5:22 AM, High School Harry said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/jason-williams/2022/12/22/nfl-prediction-cincinnati-bengals-vs-new-england-patriots/

Williams: Could Bengals fall into a trap on Christmas Eve?

In his weekly prediction column, Jason Williams asks: Could the surging Bengals fall into a trap vs. the mediocre Patriots on Christmas Eve?

image.jpeg.2d8032b84222d65a7e6eb52dd48a0e76.jpeg

1398199394000-jwilliams.jpg?width=48&heiJason Williams
Cincinnati Enquire

Merry Clinchmas, Cincinnati Bengals fans? Here is my weekly Bengals prediction:

NFL prediction: Cincinnati Bengals (10-4) at New England Patriots (7-7), Saturday, 1 p.m., CBS

Tricky game for the Bengals, who’ve won six straight and seem unstoppable.

Late December on the road against a Bill Belichick team that’s fighting for a playoff spot. The Patriots currently are the first team out of the playoffs. That might be enough motivation for New England, which has lost three of its last four.

Will the Patriots be extra motivated after they gifted Las Vegas a win last week on an all-time boneheaded lateral play as time expired? It was uncharacteristic of the Patriots Way, and Belichick undoubtedly has spent the week refocusing his team on not making self-inflicted mistakes.

The Bengals also have reasons to be motivated. They can clinch a playoff spot with a win, which would keep them atop the AFC North and still in the running for the No. 1 seed in the playoffs. To attain the top seed, the Bengals will have to win out and hope for Kansas City to lose a game.

Cincinnati will face one of the better defensive teams on its schedule. The Patriots are ranked sixth in the NFL in total defense, allowing 312.3 yards per game. It’ll be the Bengals’ second straight week to face a top-10 defense after Burrow and the Bengals carved up Tampa Bay in the second half of last Sunday’s 11-point win.

Betting against Belichick in this situation is risky. Some might call this a trap game for the Bengals, who close out the season against Buffalo and division rival Baltimore.

But the Bengals have a done a fantastic job at the one-game-at-a-time approach. It’s helped them to avoid letdowns so far down the stretch. Burrow has set that tone, and it’s hard seeing him let up as he builds his MVP candidacy and the defending AFC champs back to the postseason.

Prediction: Bengals win, 20-17

i didnt read this article but jason williams is a worthless assclown that makes it baffling that someone pays him for what he produces.

On 12/22/2022 at 7:14 AM, Le Tigre said:

I’m just hoping Sunshine can fly over the J-E-T-S and get the Bengals into the playoffs. 

Not feeling real positive about this week…not sure why. 

i only fear that defense...

On 12/22/2022 at 8:00 AM, spicoli said:

Uh, maybe because you’re a…

80764646-C951-453C-9D05-86FF8579995A.jpeg

i lol'd at this.

On 12/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, Cricket said:

For 28 minutes, this past Sunday’s game looked like a trap game.

….just sayin’

sorta, playing one of the greatest to ever play is hard to not plan on perhaps him doing good, even if they arent producing a ton this season..but yea that half was a real drag.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, CincyInDC said:

its fun when the graphic for the video has a huge question on it... but also the answer is the dude in the picture on the left, and the guy on the right is making the face each time he thinks back at the moment he drafted the guy on the left.

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i didnt read this article but jason williams is a worthless assclown that makes it baffling that someone pays him for what he produces.

i only fear that defense...

i lol'd at this.

sorta, playing one of the greatest to ever play is hard to not plan on perhaps him doing good, even if they arent producing a ton this season..but yea that half was a real drag.

its fun when the graphic for the video has a huge question on it... but also the answer is the dude in the picture on the left, and the guy on the right is making the face each time he thinks back at the moment he drafted the guy on the left.

Jason Williams is retiring but I didn't post the article.

He calls the game a Trap Game and then predicts a Bengals win.

Some people just like to make shit out of Shinola.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Daugherty retired. Williams replaced him.

I know.  But I thought I read where Williams was retiring, too.  Dunno.

However... getting bashed on Reddit, too.

Jason Williams is doing a bad job writing sports for The Enquirer

renderTimingPixel.png

I know The Enquirer is trying to save money, but Jason Williams is making Paul Daugherty look like a Pulitzer Prize winner.

You can tell that he is a casual sports fan trying to cover topics he doesn't know much about. His formula for columns is to provide a bland review of the sports topic at hand, make a prediction, and then add his record in predictions as if anyone cares what he guessed.

It's sad that our daily paper's sports column work has taken on the appearance and content quality of a college paper.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-reveal-several-roster-moves-012236291.html

NBC Sports Boston

Patriots reveal several roster moves before Week 16 game vs. Bengals

The New England Patriots were busy making roster moves Friday ahead of their pivotal Week 16 showdown against the Cincinnati Bengals on Saturday afternoon.

Long snapper Joe Cardona was placed on injured reserve. He has played in all 15 games this season. The Patriots signed Tucker Addington to their 53-man roster to play long snapper.

New England also elevated kicker Tristan Vizcaino (kickoffs) and wide receiver/tight end Scotty Washington from the practice squad for Saturday's matchup at Gillette Stadium.

The Patriots ruled out wide receiver DeVante Parker (concussion) and cornerback Jalen Mills (groin) on their Thursday injury report. Six players, including running back Damien Harris (thigh), are listed as questionable.

Kickoff for Patriots-Bengals is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.

37 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Wasn’t Scotty Washington on our roster at some point?

Yeah, he was.  I had forgotten that.

Cincinnati Bengals[edit]

Washington signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent following the 2020 NFL Draft on April 27, 2020.[2] Washington was waived by the Bengals on September 5, 2020, and signed to the practice squad the next day.[3] Washington spent all of the 2020 and 2021 seasons on the team's practice squad. He was waived on August 22, 2022.[4]

New England Patriots[edit]

On September 20, 2022, Washington was signed to the New England Patriots practice squad.[5]

Archived