WhoDey Nation, Ram's @ Packer's...

I see stuff like this all the time at PBS. 

It does look out of place, but no one says anything about it.

Other than when some lone yo-yo wears Stealer crap ( and they ALWAYS have to have that piss-yellow dishrag in tow) at a game where the team isn’t playing. They catch some heat 

On 12/19/2022 at 9:13 PM, Jamie_B said:

I never really understood that either, I get you might live in the town or for some reason be visiting the town and may want to go to a game but are not a fan of either team but it seems weird to me to wear gear of neither team

Want to be noticed..

And..they were..

When my hubby and I went to the Rose Bowl in 2016 (he won a trip to the bowl game of his choice and always wanted to go to the Rose Bowl), it was Iowa/Stanford and OSU was in the Fiesta Bowl. I was sporting an OSU hoodie and an Iowa fan informed me I was at the wrong game. Thanks, Captain Obvious.😂

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

When my hubby and I went to the Rose Bowl in 2016 (he won a trip to the bowl game of his choice and always wanted to go to the Rose Bowl), it was Iowa/Stanford and OSU was in the Fiesta Bowl. I was sporting an OSU hoodie and an Iowa fan informed me I was at the wrong game. Thanks, Captain Obvious.😂

I liked the OSU spirit you showed!!.

💪

7 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Outstanding! 

I went to the NCAA Semi-Finals in Lexington in ‘92. That was the Jim Jackson/Chris Jent team, ultimately playing the final against The Fab Five. 

Rupp was packed to the rafters—with a sea of scarlet/gray and maize/blue. But—in the end line section, it was totally Kentucky blue. I found it odd that KY was actually playing in Philadelphia at the same time (turned out to be the Christian Laetner miracle shot game) and all of these people had those little portable TV’s which were big back then. 

During halftime, I got to talking with a few of them—they were all decked out in Kentucky gear. I asked why they were seated at Rupp, watching two foreign teams, while their guys were playing 600 miles away. One guy says “these are our seats for UK games, I’m sitting in them—nobody else is! But we have our TV’s.”

Gained a new respect for UK b-ball fans that day. Lol. 

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Rupp was packed to the rafters—with a sea of scarlet/gray and maize/blue. But—in the end line section, it was totally Kentucky blue. I found it odd that KY was actually playing in Philadelphia at the same time (turned out to be the Christian Laetner miracle shot game) and all of these people had those little portable TV’s which were big back then. 

During halftime, I got to talking with a few of them—they were all decked out in Kentucky gear. I asked why they were seated at Rupp, watching two foreign teams, while their guys were playing 600 miles away. One guy says “these are our seats for UK games, I’m sitting in them—nobody else is! But we have our TV’s.”

UK fans are a different breed. My brother was at a NCAA tournament game in Cincinnati and was sitting next to a UK fan who saw a famous person sitting a few rows down. This fan swore up and down that it was Jim Bunning. My brother knew it wasn’t and bet him $20.00 that it wasn’t. So the guy went down and asked him if he was Jim Bunning and the guy said “No, I’m Cris Collinsworth.” The guy paid up. 😂

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

UK fans are a different breed. My brother was at a NCAA tournament game in Cincinnati and was sitting next to a UK fan who saw a famous person sitting a few rows down. This fan swore up and down that it was Jim Bunning. My brother knew it wasn’t and bet him $20.00 that it wasn’t. So the guy went down and asked him if he was Jim Bunning and the guy said “No, I’m Cris Collinsworth.” The guy paid up. 😂

Was he wearing a Stealers jersey?

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Outstanding! 

I went to the NCAA Semi-Finals in Lexington in ‘92. That was the Jim Jackson/Chris Jent team, ultimately playing the final against The Fab Five. 

Yep, those were the regional semi-finals and OSU lost in OT

42 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Yep, those were the regional semi-finals and OSU lost in OT

That one stings even to this day. They were so close. If I live to be 100, I will never forget seeing Jent with a wide open lane to the hoop in that OT for a possible game-winner; slip and get called for traveling. Arrrgh. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

That one stings even to this day. They were so close. If I live to be 100, I will never forget seeing Jent with a wide open lane to the hoop in that OT for a possible game-winner; slip and get called for traveling. Arrrgh. 

The sweet 16 loss to UK in 2011-12 stings for me almost the same.  They were like 31-2 and ranked #1 in KenPom.  Buford was horrid that game.  Sullinger was exposed by that UK bozo Jorts. 

Archived