Week 16 Saturday/Sunday/Monday Non-Bengals Games Thread

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Tommy Bay slogging along with a 6-3 lead in the 2nd. 

AZ being led by some guy called Trace McSorley. Tommy isn’t playing much better. 

I had to turn it off.  It is utterly horrible and unwatchable.  

The disaster that is the Denver Broncos is mind boggling.  Keep this in mind:  The Broncos gave up Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder for Russell Wilson. 

As it stands for the 2023 draft, Seattle will get the 4th and 36th pick along with a fifth rounder to go with their normal draft picks.  

What did Denver get?  A below average QB who will take up $107 mil in Dead cap space next year.  

Today’s game is going to cost people their jobs. The 3rd ranked defense completely mailed it in after Wilson threw 2 ints in his first 5 offensive plays.  The franchise has been set back 4 years.  

On 12/24/2022 at 11:27 PM, tibor75 said:

Who can forget 1989?  They lost to Browns 51-0 and the Bengals in week 2 42-10 (the game Ickey tore his ACL). 

They finished 9-7 and made the playoffs and the Bengals finished in last at 8-8. 

If Chargers and Dolphins win tomorrow, the Stillers are eliminated. 

I remember that 1989 start by them. That was a screwy year, very disappointing coming off XXIII, and to have them rise from the ashes like that.

Dolphins didn't do any favors. I'm afraid to root for SD because it may eventually lead to a playoff matchup with them. I'll take my chances if it means Pittsburgh is eliminated, though.

23 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Callahan may get a Denver offer..If the money is right he msy go there.

Consideration has to be the play or lack of by Wilson..

He looks lost out there..

I realize there are a limited number of HC jobs, but that sounds like a horrible one.  A crappy, big money QB that has trouble getting along with teammates?  No thanks.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I realize there are a limited number of HC jobs, but that sounds like a horrible one.  A crappy, big money QB that has trouble getting along with teammates?  No thanks.

Exactly why if I'm the Broncos I prefer a guy that maybe has done it before but for whatever reason didn't work out. I'm not sure I want a new to the job HC having to manage that, I'd want a guy who knows how to manage egos coming in to sort it all out.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Exactly why if I'm the Broncos I prefer a guy that maybe has done it before but for whatever reason didn't work out. I'm not sure I want a new to the job HC having to manage that, I'd want a guy who knows how to manage egos coming in to sort it all out.

That, or hire Urban Meyer, have him go batshit on Wilson until he retires!  1/2 :ninja:

The problem is, obviously, the Denver HC job comes with a career poison pill at quarterback and no help from the draft for a couple years down the line.

Someone already with an NFL job, Callahan just for example, would be in a position of the bird in hand being far better than the two dead ducks in the

Denver bush.

Marvin is out there.  Mike Zimmer.  Hue Jackson even Dion Sanders.

Dunno who would want it except for short term money because the

next HC probably won't be there for the long haul.

My P.S. from the little I watched this game is the Bonkos are worse than the

worse Bengals teams I can recall including Klingler and Akili teams.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Agreed, I can't imagine they have much appetite for another whizz-bang hotshot young OC (or QB coach heh) or even a hotshot college coach.  I expect a "safe" pick, maybe even a Zimmer type and they try to build around the strength of the team, take the pressure off the HC for the lack of offense, and have interchangeable parts around the offense to try and make it work with fewer headlines.

Another thing the press pointed out was Wilson's odd behavior of talking to his linemen with a football close to his mouth.

They were down by 35 so what could he be telling them at that point?

Some suggested he was actually talking to the football..

Wilson...allways the one to get camera coverage..

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Agreed, I can't imagine they have much appetite for another whizz-bang hotshot young OC (or QB coach heh) or even a hotshot college coach.  I expect a "safe" pick, maybe even a Zimmer type and they try to build around the strength of the team, take the pressure off the HC for the lack of offense, and have interchangeable parts around the offense to try and make it work with fewer headlines.

This will blow some minds, but Marvin said he has the fire to coach again.

18 hours ago, SF2 said:

I had to turn it off.  It is utterly horrible and unwatchable.  

The disaster that is the Denver Broncos is mind boggling.  Keep this in mind:  The Broncos gave up Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder for Russell Wilson. 

As it stands for the 2023 draft, Seattle will get the 4th and 36th pick along with a fifth rounder to go with their normal draft picks.  

What did Denver get?  A below average QB who will take up $107 mil in Dead cap space next year.  

Today’s game is going to cost people their jobs. The 3rd ranked defense completely mailed it in after Wilson threw 2 ints in his first 5 offensive plays.  The franchise has been set back 4 years.  

You're kind of off by a year here. Broncos have already paid up on the 1st, 2nd and 5th round picks this past Spring. They still owe the Seahawks a 1st and 2nd rd pick in this Spring's (April 2023) draft and then the Broncos are all paid up. Definitely a disaster of a trade

18 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

You're kind of off by a year here. Broncos have already paid up on the 1st, 2nd and 5th round picks this past Spring. They still owe the Seahawks a 1st and 2nd rd pick in this Spring's (April 2023) draft and then the Broncos are all paid up. Definitely a disaster of a trade

You are correct.

They actually do have a first rounder next draft via the Bradley Chubb trade to Miami BUT it was originally San Fran’s pick so it could be anywhere from mid 20s to 31st.  

It still doesn’t solve the $107mil in dead cap space for a 3rd tier QB.  They are probably looking until 2026 before they can move on.  Well, unless another team gets stupid. 

Archived