Bengals @ Pats - Gameday thread

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/12/25/eli-apple-says-mac-jones-dive-at-the-knees-was-a-dirty-play-cincinnati-new-england-fourth-quarter

Eli Apple calls Mac Jones' block at the knees during Cincinnati-New England 'a dirty play'

When officials ruled that New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones threw a forward pass - and didn't fumble (bullshit) - during the fourth quarter of Saturday's Week 16 game against the Cincinnati Bengals, it was among the biggest plays and calls of the game.

Many didn't notice that Jones dove at Bengals defensive back Eli Apple's knees during Cincinnati linebacker Germaine Pratt's recovery and return, which were nullified when the play was reviewed.

Apple didn't like it, calling it a dirty play, per NESN's Sean T. McGuire via Twitter.

Jones' block was several yards behind Pratt; Apple was fortunate to avoid injury.

13 hours ago, MULLY said:

I love how the ESPN analysts say things like "The Bengals survived the Patriots". Horse shit, the Bengals slaughtered them. They had 3 TD's. One was a fucking pick 6, another a legit TD and the last a fucking miracle that God from Heaven dropped in their laps. They talk like they were dominating the Bengals and then the Bengals somehow got lucky and won. Fuck them!!

They never give the Bengals props because we were a sulky pathetic franchise for so long, and that includes the years with Marvin Lewis and being one-and-done playoff frauds.  But so was the Patriots before Parcells, then the Hoodie and Brady--pathetic and overlooked. Burrow, Zac and the New Dey Bengals are actively rewriting that with each win and accomplishment, but we need the hardware-its nice to have the Lamar Hunt trophy because we get to go to the Superbowl but we need at least one Lombardi, preferably two or three, to shut everyone up.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, BengalBacker said:

Me too. He was so automatic last year.

currently missed 5 FG this year and missed 5 last year, extra points missed 4 this year and 2 last year.  so overall 2 more total kicks missed.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, BengalBacker said:

I wonder if having a new holder has anything to do with it.

and long snapper.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, High School Harry said:

Bad snap on that one.

Off to the left.

yep a few on the day they werent great, but also both kickers had issues in that open end of the stadium. 

4 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Mac Jones also got a 15-yard personal foul (unnecessary roughness after the play) on the turnover with about 1 minute left in the game.  They never showed what he did to deserve that, but I'd have to guess he was being a little bitch. 

I saw he was asked about it in some presser or post game interview and he said he thought the ball might still be live so he was just "trying to get possession of it".  My guess is when BJ stood up with the ball Mac came and started trying to rip it from him and probably slapped BJ's nutsack or something.

Also note that Baby Mac was fined (but never penalized) for throwing the ball at a guy after getting sacked against I believe Buffalo, earlier in December.

The NFL has gone through with a punishment for New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones, and like an earlier report indicated, it doesn’t have anything to do with missing games.

Per Pro Football Talk, the league is expected to fine Jones $11,139 for the low hit he placed on Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Eli Apple during a fumble return attempt in Saturday’s Week 16 game.

th-2.jpeg

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The NFL is full of crap!  Bates was fined 50K for an Unsportsmanlike Penalty just faking an injury and Chase 15K for just Taunting.  but trying to hurt a player or injure one or possibly end his career you get these BS fines.  What kind of mockery of the system do we have here?  Oh, that is right, they are the Belichick and Brady Patriots, carry on.

2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

The NFL is full of crap!  Bates was fined 50K for an Unsportsmanlike Penalty just faking an injury and Chase 15K for just Taunting.  but trying to hurt a player or injure one or possibly end his career you get these BS fines.  What kind of mockery of the system do we have here?  Oh, that is right, they are the Belichick and Brady Patriots, carry on.

Shouldn't two unsportsmanlike penalties be an ejection

or in lieu of that, at least a one game suspension?

Asking for a friend.

Archived