COLLINS TORN ACL AND MCL - Season over for him.

58 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Whitworth is under contract with Amazon—at least until Thursday. He hasn’t played since February. He would be no where near any semblance of football shape. 

Have seen any and all musings—some honest to God serious—by media types, thinking of bringing him in. Planet crazy . 

I would agree. But he doesn't seem to be totally dismissing the idea on Twitter. If he signs on Friday he's got like 3 weeks to get ready for the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

This was before Collins went down. This might actually be possible!

After watching that, and considering the Bengals weren't even in the scenario at the time, he might give it some serious thought with us. Sure would give his career a storybook ending if he signed and we win it all.

18 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

After watching that, and considering the Bengals weren't even in the scenario at the time, he might give it some serious thought with us. Sure would give his career a storybook ending if he signed and we win it all.

Another former LSU standout to help JB win it all.....😎

15 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

what the fuck is going on in this thread.

Bunch of silly Tom Fuckery, but what the hell.

I know the chances that he could just step in and play after not training, practicing or playing for a year are about zero, but you've gotta admit, it would make a good story if he could.

On 12/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No guarantee that fix’s anything; need to sign someone good

this is the best case scenario, a flexible player would be ideal, a G/T guy

On 12/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, membengal said:

literally nothing. They are a strength. I have no idea why people think they are not. 

its the money, everyone knows they are good,and pratt has had a career year and is already being a hoe about money it SEEMS, so he is gonna wanna cash in big, and everyone is assuming thats gonna be elsewhere.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, UncleEarl said:

The way the Patriot defender fell into Collins’ knee I don’t think a younger guy would have held up any better.  Brutal play. 

no doubt, shit was brutal. i tore my miniscus and could walk fine, just certain angles hurt like hell. walking was fine,. different, but was my thought on him walking.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:30 PM, Jamie_B said:

And a blocking TE

like.... uh.... drew sample.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:33 PM, MichaelWeston said:

I will assume Pratt played his way off the team and it might make sense to invest there for after 20023 but its not a need now. I am fine playing with ADG

thats a long time from now, may want to shoot for 2023.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, Jamie_B said:

As am I but you still want a 3rd guy in case one of the top 2 get injured but also to grow into a starter.

making a position a focal point early and drafting for depth are very different things, but either is viable IMO. tag number is 17mil for LB incase anyone was wondering.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:53 PM, membengal said:

Markus Bailey is already here and ready for that role. 

im not sure i agree, i dont totally disagree, but he was a coverage LB, flowers took his role mostly right? or was at ADG?

On 12/25/2022 at 5:00 PM, membengal said:

I am assuming ADG steps in if Pratt leaves and Bailey is ready for 3rd backer role. I am saying that we have more needs than LB and LB remains a strength even if Pratt leaves. 

kinda small to be an enforcer like pratt in the run game, pratt has 2 inches height and 20-30 lbs on him. 

On 12/25/2022 at 6:14 PM, UncleEarl said:

It’s not like LB is often a first or second round pick anyway.  Hope they resign Pratt.  Good nearly all the time and makes some timely big plays.  

CB or OT should be priorities, but the Bengals are deep enough that BPA could be the play. 

yea only 2-3 drafted in the first last year. 4 in the second, and 10 unique positions tracked, each should ahve 3.2 drafted to be even. so no huge draft numbers for sure.

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

We do? Picking 32nd overall, wouldn’t it just be BPA?

lol, i mena kinda.

14 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Well, if it's a QB or WR that is BPA I bet they move on to another position.

lol yea 

13 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have been a proponent in drafting OL in volume; there is a shortage of good ones in the league and it seems difficult to find good young ones. 

cant really do that, otherwise youre reaching often, and historically the 1-2 year project mid round guys have have higher success rates, 

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Wilcox looks good at blocking to me..

I could be wrong..😎

he is in the 40's rated as a pass blocker. 

11 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

One positive of the Collins injury is that it might make the Bengals run a 6 man OL more ... Which I've always been a fan of (with 3 WR and an RB) 

how the hell is that a positive? taking a weapon off the field to simply accomplish time to throw is in everyway a negative situation. 

4 hours ago, Gary said:

The way Burrow is I don't think the offensive line helped him with his sack problem much this year. Seems he's on pace to be about the same as last year. 

I wish I could remember what they were talking about but I couldn't sleep and being on the west coast at 4am when I got up for a while "Good Morning Football" was on and they were talking about QB sacks and talking about how long the QBs hold the ball. They were talking about Cousins, Burrow and a couple others holding onto the ball too long or something stupid. If anyone watched it please explain. I did not do a good job explaining it lol. 

the time to throw increase was based on a blocking scheme change, there is a cool youtube video on it, we changed how the guys line up, collins gap to the RG was DOUBLE the distance of the other linemen, giving him the angle to crash down on inside blitz, and a time advantage on outside blitz, and design to crash down so if getting beat somewhere, the leaking faucet would ALWAYS be RT and OUTSIDE, thus the furthest away from joe and in his face, helping protect his blind side and the left side and getting the extra split second..if im not too lazy ill make a post with the video in it. its excellent.

3 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

According to next gen stats JoeyB is 3rd fastest in the league getting rid of the ball at 2.55 seconds.

Next Gen Passing Stats

this stat is not useless but meaningless, we also play out of the shotgun so the shotgun equivilant to a under center drop back and throw is like an extension, the X seconds or fraction of the ball is in the air is sort of hidden in those stats, and im guessing we run shotgun more than anyone else percentage wise.

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Its never BPA. It's always BPA amongst a few positions. 

wel... yea.

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Amusing ourselves ..😎

fair enough.

49 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

Bunch of silly Tom Fuckery, but what the hell.

I know the chances that he could just step in and play after not training, practicing or playing for a year are about zero, but you've gotta admit, it would make a good story if he could.

be cool to have whit even if just in an emergency and as a locker room leader player coach type thing.

22 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

this is the best case scenario, a flexible player would be ideal, a G/T guy

its the money, everyone knows they are good,and pratt has had a career year and is already being a hoe about money it SEEMS, so he is gonna wanna cash in big, and everyone is assuming thats gonna be elsewhere.

no doubt, shit was brutal. i tore my miniscus and could walk fine, just certain angles hurt like hell. walking was fine,. different, but was my thought on him walking.

like.... uh.... drew sample.

thats a long time from now, may want to shoot for 2023.

making a position a focal point early and drafting for depth are very different things, but either is viable IMO. tag number is 17mil for LB incase anyone was wondering.

im not sure i agree, i dont totally disagree, but he was a coverage LB, flowers took his role mostly right? or was at ADG?

kinda small to be an enforcer like pratt in the run game, pratt has 2 inches height and 20-30 lbs on him. 

yea only 2-3 drafted in the first last year. 4 in the second, and 10 unique positions tracked, each should ahve 3.2 drafted to be even. so no huge draft numbers for sure.

lol, i mena kinda.

lol yea 

cant really do that, otherwise youre reaching often, and historically the 1-2 year project mid round guys have have higher success rates, 

he is in the 40's rated as a pass blocker. 

how the hell is that a positive? taking a weapon off the field to simply accomplish time to throw is in everyway a negative situation. 

the time to throw increase was based on a blocking scheme change, there is a cool youtube video on it, we changed how the guys line up, collins gap to the RG was DOUBLE the distance of the other linemen, giving him the angle to crash down on inside blitz, and a time advantage on outside blitz, and design to crash down so if getting beat somewhere, the leaking faucet would ALWAYS be RT and OUTSIDE, thus the furthest away from joe and in his face, helping protect his blind side and the left side and getting the extra split second..if im not too lazy ill make a post with the video in it. its excellent.

this stat is not useless but meaningless, we also play out of the shotgun so the shotgun equivilant to a under center drop back and throw is like an extension, the X seconds or fraction of the ball is in the air is sort of hidden in those stats, and im guessing we run shotgun more than anyone else percentage wise.

wel... yea.

fair enough.

be cool to have whit even if just in an emergency and as a locker room leader player coach type thing.

All enlightening stuff

52 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Probably why we ended up with Jackson Carman ;)

I. wasn't going to bring that up esp true because I'm insane.

However, Carman was NOT the best player available.

He was a home town boy taken over, say, C Creed Humphrey who has proven 

to be an excellent, long term starter.

Don't feel like looking up that draft and seeing who else was passed over but

you can play "what if" with any and every draft and pick.

Not sure if Leatherwoody was available but thank heavens we didn't pick him.

As far as home cookin' picks, the Squeels screwed the pooch taking Picksix

over UC's Desmond Ridder.

Still, for me, he's Jackson "The Enigma" Carman.

Hidden injury or medical problem?

Limited skills and no heart?  Didn't eat enough glass?

Depressed and down on himself and more in need of a group hug than a place in the offensive huddle?

I think the fact that Pollack couldn't get enough out of him to even be on the field on game days speaks volumes.

Similar feelings about D'Ante Smith but a lower draft pick making him more of a project.

Now with Collins out see if either/or of them are still inactive... 

Like any Joe Baggadonuts fan, what do I know?  But seems like

there could have been some creative use of Carman.

Blocking tight end (who may catch one every once in a blue moon)?

Blocker in the backfield?

I dunno.:shrug:

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We go through this every year. He was the BPA ion the Bengals board. Bad pick and clearly a bad draft analysis, but the top guy on the teams board. 

My contention is he was there because he was a home town boy and we know how the Bengals esp like home cookin'.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I. wasn't going to bring that up esp true because I'm insane.

However, Carman was NOT the best player available.

He was a home town boy taken over, say, C Creed Humphrey who has proven 

to be an excellent, long term starter.

Don't feel like looking up that draft and seeing who else was passed over but

you can play "what if" with any and every draft and pick.

Not sure if Leatherwoody was available but thank heavens we didn't pick him.

As far as home cookin' picks, the Squeels screwed the pooch taking Picksix

over UC's Desmond Ridder.

Still, for me, he's Jackson "The Enigma" Carman.

Hidden injury or medical problem?

Limited skills and no heart?  Didn't eat enough glass?

Depressed and down on himself and more in need of a group hug than a place in the offensive huddle?

I think the fact that Pollack couldn't get enough out of him to even be on the field on game days speaks volumes.

Similar feelings about D'Ante Smith but a lower draft pick making him more of a project.

Now with Collins out see if either/or of them are still inactive... 

Like any Joe Baggadonuts fan, what do I know?  But seems like

there could have been some creative use of Carman.

Blocking tight end (who may catch one every once in a blue moon)?

Blocker in the backfield?

I dunno.:shrug:

They didn't take Carman because he's from Cincinnati, they took bad advice from former guys that used to be in house here and that added to a evaluation that was not good.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

They didn't take Carman because he's from Cincinnati, they took bad advice from former guys that used to be in house here and that added to a evaluation that was not good.

Hey why not fire a coach for incompetence then ask them to scout players & shape the future of the franchise?

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We go through this every year. He was the BPA ion the Bengals board. Bad pick and clearly a bad draft analysis, but the top guy on the teams board. 

Ehhh...They traded down because they knew he would be there.  He was a 3rd rounder on most boards. Just a horrific pick when you consider the back surgery and the weird stuff with the HS girl.

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The draft is always a crap shoot, even when they look like can’t miss picks.  

The league and players Union literally had to put in a rookie scale because of how much damage busts at the top of the draft were having and how proven players were getting short changed.  Think  aKillme Smith, Klingler and guys  like Vernon Gholston and Jason Smith.  

All of these picks looked good on draft day. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

To be fair it wasn't just Alexander, Willie also spoke highly of him.

Wasn't Carman one of his clients?

That aside, Willie didn't draft half a dozen schlubs in a row.

On the plus side we'll see just what Collins was giving us. PFF would suggest we're facing a huge drop-off in talent.  Eyeball test says Adeniji or whoever can fall over just as well as Collins. Curious to see if the new guy spends any more time on his ass 

13 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Anyone know how Adeniji rated per PFF grades in the NE game?

They have Adeniji graded at 52.4 overall for the season. That splits out as 38.6 for pass blocking and 59.7 for run blocking.

For comparison, Collins was 57.8 overall with 44.2 for pass blocking and 73.3 for run blocking. 

Both have low scores for pass blocking with Collins ranked 70th and Adeniji not having enough snaps to be ranked but scoring around 80th.

Archived