COLLINS TORN ACL AND MCL - Season over for him.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Wasn't Carman one of his clients?

That aside, Willie didn't draft half a dozen schlubs in a row.

On the plus side we'll see just what Collins was giving us. PFF would suggest we're facing a huge drop-off in talent.  Eyeball test says Adeniji or whoever can fall over just as well as Collins. Curious to see if the new guy spends any more time on his ass 

Yes Carman was a client, which is why the Bengals should have taken that with some caution as Willie had a vested interest in his success. 

Collins has been up and down for me all year, some games he's been pretty good, but alot more where he did exactly as you said, fall on his ass. Maybe a full offseason of healing up might help but I want them to find another guy in case it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes Carman was a client, which is why the Bengals should have taken that with some caution as Willie had a vested interest in his success. 

Collins has been up and down for me all year, some games he's been pretty good, but alot more where he did exactly as you said, fall on his ass. Maybe a full offseason of healing up might help but I want them to find another guy in case it doesn't.

I too would like at least one of our OT's to do more than tread water.  I know HoF'ers like Willie or Whit are hard to come by but I think an improvement over "mostly average" is realistic.

9 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Sounds like if it was LT we needed he'd probably jump on it.

The impression I got from listening to him is he's not opposed to it at all, but if all the other things line up, he wants to be sure that he can play RT and not hurt the team.

I told my brother last night that if he came back and won a SB with the team that drafted him, it would be like winning the World Series in game 7 with a walk off home run.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The impression I got from listening to him is he's not opposed to it at all, but if all the other things line up, he wants to be sure that he can play RT and not hurt the team.

I told my brother last night that if he came back and won a SB with the team that drafted him, it would be like winning the World Series in game 7 with a walk off home run.

Add and retire a Bengal would be icing on the cake.  A LOT of it.

It (adding Whit) would simply be adding experienced depth to the roster.  Look at what happened to Mahomes when he lost both of his tackles late in the AFC Championship game in 2020.  

He was running for his life in the Superbowl against the Bucs and they only managed to score 9 points.  

On 12/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, Sea Ray said:

IMO the only way Whit signs with the Bengals is if Jonah Williams goes down. Let's not hope for that. Whit is not a RT

So Adenijji can play either tackle but Whit couldnt?

Maybe he hasnt played there but surely you don't think he's incapable..

Btw sorry for calling you Surely..😎

45 minutes ago, membengal said:

Whit literally just said on Schrager's podcast earlier this week that he really can't go to RT at this point. Has never done it, wouldn't trust himself to be good at it. If it were LT that would be more of a thought, he said...

Understandable...

So is it Addenijji or Prince?

Seems JB made a comment about Prince about playing..

I like Addeniji's quick feet playing further outside in protection.

Princes run blocking may be better..

Id guess Prince if healthy..

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Whit literally just said on Schrager's podcast earlier this week that he really can't go to RT at this point. Has never done it, wouldn't trust himself to be good at it. If it were LT that would be more of a thought, he said...

He didn't say he cant, he said if he did it would have to be at a level that wouldn't hurt the team and that would be the question. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He didn't say he cant, he said if he did it would have to be at a level that wouldn't hurt the team and that would be the question. 

so that's a NO then as he hasn't played RT ever and no fucking way could he step in and do it now without hurting the team. For fuckssake, this is absolutely absurd at this point. He hasn't trained in 10 months and has never fucking played RT. Just...jeebus. Enough. 

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

so that's a NO then as he hasn't played RT ever and no fucking way could he step in and do it now without hurting the team. For fuckssake, this is absolutely absurd at this point. He hasn't trained in 10 months and has never fucking played RT. Just...jeebus. Enough. 

why so serious GIF

11 minutes ago, membengal said:

HAS HE BEEN RETIRED FOR TEN MONTHS AND DONE ZERO TRAINING SINCE FEBRUARY AT AGE 41??????

You don't need to yell dude.

Whit left it open by saying "never say never" so until a decision is made on it, there will be speculation. 

He said, plainly, that IF it were LT then it might be a conversation. It isn't LT. There's no door open. Hopefully Jonah doesn't go down. IF he did, then maybe Whit is an option. But this weird clinging to this as an option this week at RT is fucking weird.  From everyone. 

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

He said, plainly, that IF it were LT then it might be a conversation. It isn't LT. There's no door open. Hopefully Jonah doesn't go down. IF he did, then maybe Whit is an option. But this weird clinging to this as an option this week at RT is fucking weird.  From everyone. 

I listened to the interview, he didn't say anything about it being IF it were LT, he said that there was a difference between LT and RT, and that IF he was to do it....

There was some small wiggle room in his statement. 

Here is how I feel about it.

If he signs I don't expect him to start right away, he will need to sign asap and get a couple weeks of practice. Fact is he hasn't played in 10 months, and hasn't trained in a football capacity in that long (we have no idea what his training looks like other than he does look pretty healthy, so I assume he's doing something.)

Right tackle is different than left tackle, it's a much less demanding position, at least in terms of you don't typically see top pass rushers from that side, that is something you usually see from the left side. 

Could he do it? I would not expect that he could at 41 years old for 17 weeks plus playoffs. Could he do it for 4 weeks with a 2 week rest between the AFCC and SB? I think Whit is a future HOF'er and if he thinks decides he wants to suit up it's because he believes he could play the position for 4 games. If he signs then who am I to disagree with him?

Archived