Coaching changes/Candidates 2023

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

As far as McVay, losing 2 great offensive tackles and replacing them with garden gnomes was step 1.    Losing Cupp was step 2.  Having almost zero draft capital and in cap hell would be 3. 

I don’t think his job is on the line, I think he doesn’t want to hang around for a rebuild.  And the COLD HARD reality is even after bringing LA and the Rams a championship, nobody in that town cares.  The Raiders are still a bigger draw.  

Looks like Harbaugh is accused of doing the same thing Tressel did:  Not cooperating with or impeding an NCAA investigation.  

I thought Harbsugh was being investigated for wearing Woody Hayes's glasses. 

Kingberry hand picked Murry for the Cards too, they did this whole thing during the draft how he tried to recruit him when he was at Texas Tech (after Mahomes left) and that he was excited to finally get the guy he wanted back then.

Could Kliff Kingsbury's seven-year recruitment of Kyler Murray finally pay off? (espn.com)

25 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Wasn't the boy winder they thought he'd be.

Another organization that's clueless..

Come on now, as if you knew a college coach coming from a program with a losing record that plays a gimmick offense wasn’t going to work out. 

Almost every billion dollar company I know hires CEOs with zero experience.  

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Come on now, as if you knew a college coach coming from a program with a losing record that plays a gimmick offense wasn’t going to work out. 

Almost every billion dollar company I know hires CEOs with zero experience.  

Or a QB coach with no HC experience.  Who would do that?

34 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Or a QB coach with no HC experience.  Who would do that?

In Zac’s defense he had 6 years of NFL coaching experience with 2 different organizations verses Kingsbury’s ZERO.  

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

In Zac’s defense he had 6 years of NFL coaching experience with 2 different organizations verses Kingsbury’s ZERO.  

ZERO HC experience vs ZERO NFL experience.  Both risky hires. One got Joe Burrow the other got a video gamer. 

Its a huge positive to be in the playoffs. It looks like maybe at most 6 openings? People might get antsy by the time our guys can interview.

Here is what it looks like on 1/9 @ 1030

*Ben Johnson was Zac Taylors assistant at Miami. I was hoping we would add him to the staff in the past. Had no idea he would have this much of a rise.

Way more defensive guys. 

2023 1 2 3 4 5 6
Broncos Ejiro Evero Jim Harbaugh Raheem Morris Sean Payton Dan Quinn Demeco Ryans
Cardinals Vance Joseph          
Colts Aaron Glenn Ben Johnson Raheem Morris Shane Steichen    
Panthers Jim Caldwell 1/9 Jim Harbaugh Ben Johnson Frank Reich Shane Steichen Steve Wilkes 1/11
Texans Ejiro Evero Jonathan Gannon Ben Johnson Demeco Ryans Shane Steichen  

Broncos Cardinals Colts Panthers Texans  
Jim Caldwell       Panthers    
Ejiro Evero Broncos       Texans  
Jontahan Gannon         Texans  
Aaron Glenn     Colts      
Jim Harbaugh Broncos     Panthers    
Ben Johnson     Colts Panthers Texans  
Vance Joseph   Cardinals        
Raheem Morris Broncos   Colts      
Sean Payton Broncos          
Dan Quinn Broncos          
Frank Reich       Panthers    
Demeco Ryans Broncos       Texans  
Shane Steichen     Colts Panthers Texans  
Steve Wilkes       Panthers    

I'd slightly modify this. 

Looks like Ryans might not interview in Houston

Colts-Harbaugh

Broncos-Quinn

Panthers-Steichen

Cardinals-Payton

Texans-Gannon

Cross our fingers that the Colts and Panthers (Who will both have done what's necessary for the Rooney Rule) Push eachother to a quick hire for Steichen. And that Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan. 

On 12/30/2022 at 11:44 AM, spicoli said:

That said, I defy you to find a locker room in the league that loves/respects their HC more than this one does. 

It matters. 

Too right. This is huge for us.

And the reason why the NFL will hate us for the next few years, Zac is a leader and Roger F-ckell is not.

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Kliff's living room was the first sign that this wasn't a serious football coach. Can you imagine Bear Bryant having a tropical terrace fire pit? 

Also tough to concentrate on coaching an NFL team with this walking around the house. 

veronica-1.jpg

14 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I'd slightly modify this. 

Looks like Ryans might not interview in Houston

Colts-Harbaugh

Broncos-Quinn

Panthers-Steichen

Cardinals-Payton

Texans-Gannon

Cross our fingers that the Colts and Panthers (Who will both have done what's necessary for the Rooney Rule) Push eachother to a quick hire for Steichen. And that Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan. 

Im not so sure Harbaugh is going anywhere.

Hes pretty much iconic up there..

Archived