Coaching changes/Candidates 2023

On 2/1/2023 at 12:50 PM, UncleEarl said:

Oh, I agree. 

I had just been thinking about Frasier specifically before your post and how people had been saying how good the Buffalo defense has been under Frazier.  When your defense falls all over itself in the playoffs, it's not very good.  Period. 

Keep in mind it wouldn't be the first good defense JB made look bad.

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Deadend yep.

Your right about Lou especially with a defensive background.

Kafka is a QB coach and is highly regarded for his OC talents which Arizona should maximize.

I think they go Kafka and...

Praise God!

I do too. I think Anarumo is great but a tough sell to a fanbase. Hes a 56 year old DC whose defense isnt flashy. Kafka interviewed at all 5 openings (Anarumo one). 

Looks like they are going to decide next week (maybe). From the various AZ sites, it looks to be an even split between Kafka and Lou. And neither are actually revving up the excitement meter:

Arizona Cardinals head coaching search update: Anarumo or Kafka?

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/platform/amp/2023/2/9/23592136/arizona-cardinals-head-coaching-search-update-anarumo-or-kafka

a little bit of a round up. Although this could be wrong

Colts

I think the finalists are Raheem Morris, Brian Callahan and Shane Steichen.

Cards 

I think the finalists are Anarumo, Kafka and Gannon. Benjamin Allbright who is clued in thinks that it's Gannons job even though he doesnt appear to have interviewed there yet.

Bucs OC job

Pitcher is interviewing a second time. 

They have also interviewed

1. Klint Kubiak-Broncos (Taylors best friend and a big candidate to be added to our staff)
  2. Keenan McCardell-Vikings WRs
  3. Jim Bob Cooter-Jags QBs
  4. ToddMonken-Georgia OC
  5. Shea Tierney-Giants QBs
  6. Ronald Curry-Saints QBs

One person they haven't interviewed yet is Brian Johnson. Johnson is the Eagles OC and was Bucs new starting QB (at least for now) OC at Florida. 

If I am Pitcher I turn this one down. He could be the OC for Anarumo in Arizona with Murray. For Cincinnati if Callahan leaves. Or even Indy with Callahan and a rookie although that's unlikely that he would take an Indy job over the Cincy job. Tampa has Kyle Trask at QB and Todd Bowles is probably on the hot seat. 

Texans OC Job

Walters interviewed here

They have also interviewed 

1. Bobby Slowik-Niners Passing Game coordinator
  2. Nick Caley-Pats TEs coach

There are a ton of if thens.....

1. If Shane Steichen was to get the Colts job then Callahan doesn't and Brian Johnson probably takes the Eagles OC job and Pitcher might be more enticing in Tampa.

2. If Gannon gets the Cardinals job then he might hire Johnson as OC and Pitcher becomes more in demand in Tampa. 

3. If Anarumo gets the Cards job he will need an OC and could hire Pitcher, Walters or even Callahan if he wanted to run his own offense, though unlikely,

The OC Jobs left open (Bold are new Head coaches)

1. Colts
  2. Cardinals
  3. Ravens
  4. Bucs
  5. Commanders
  6. Broncos
  7. Panthers
  8. Texans

Eric Bienemy is probably taking either the Ravens or Commanders job

Archived