Coaching changes/Candidates 2023

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

HC?

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

HC?

Im thinking these billionaires are going to pay top dollar to lure coordinators or assistants away from each other.

The Denver Walmarts will set a standard for HCs if they sign Sean Payton  for a reportedly 25m per.

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Isn't Brian already kinda busy today working on beating the Bills?

You would think so.  Kinda disappointed that this is happening this week.  However, I guess a Zoom-like interview shouldn’t be too much of a distraction…and hopefully this is no more than just that.

I would make the case that other teams shouldn't be able to hire O or D coordinators away as head coaches, if they are still under contract. (Other positional coaches yes). 

It's the only component in the NFL that allows underachieving teams to poach and leech off of the success of other franchises, who have contracts set in place already. Then the teams also don't receive draft pick compensation for their losses, but why not?

If the Colts want to hire Callahan away (for instance) they should have to give the Bengals their first Rd pick (or compensation Cincy would agree with). Why should Cincy be made worse for their benefit? 

For instance, I've always believed that NFL owners conspired to poach both of Marvin's coordinators (Zimmer and Gruden ) to keep the Bengals from forming a multi year team that could outperform their "natural" small market position. And now I predict they will try to do the same eventually with Callahan and Lou

Archived