Coaching changes/Candidates 2023

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Its a merry go round cycle each year.

I see Leslie Frazier as sort of a “cycle guy”. He’s always been a very good coach, but has been around the block a few times. 

Perception is he’s good…then he’s not good…then he’s good again. Depends on the team and players he has I reckon. 

46 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I see Leslie Frazier as sort of a “cycle guy”. He’s always been a very good coach, but has been around the block a few times. 

Perception is he’s good…then he’s not good…then he’s good again. Depends on the team and players he has I reckon. 

The Buffalo defense has imploded two years in a row in the playoffs.  I have a hard time calling that guy a very good coach.  Getting fired by Marvin Lewis isn't a vote of confidence either. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The Buffalo defense has imploded two years in a row in the playoffs.  I have a hard time calling that guy a very good coach.  Getting fired by Marvin Lewis isn't a vote of confidence either. 

But he was "good" in Minnesota--perceptionally. Wherever else he has traveled, it has been up and down. 

He was just a cryptic example. All of the hired/fired/rehired/refired coaches are part of the carousel. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

But he was "good" in Minnesota--perceptionally. Wherever else he has traveled, it has been up and down. 

He was just a cryptic example. All of the hired/fired/rehired/refired coaches are part of the carousel. 

Oh, I agree. 

I had just been thinking about Frasier specifically before your post and how people had been saying how good the Buffalo defense has been under Frazier.  When your defense falls all over itself in the playoffs, it's not very good.  Period. 

The Colts and Cardinals are the last teams with open HC jobs. I don't see Callahan or Anarumo getting either of those jobs. Supposedly the Cardinals want Flores. 

Losing Walters would sting but we can find a new WR coach and I think we'd get a draft pick for Troy if he's promoted to OC with the Texans.

FWIW...Cardfan media isn't ranking Lou really high on the list. This is from a couple of days ago, so who knows:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/ranking-remaining-arizona-cardinals-coaching-candidates

And, the albatross for many of the candidates to consider is the Video Game Master:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2023/02/03/arizona-cardinals-coach-search-kyler-murray-blame-for-slow-process/69870270007/

Archived