* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

39 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

That means he's not breathing on his own. Sounds like spinal injury to me

Or a significant brain trauma.  It would explain why he stopped breathing unfortunately.  

From the replay it looks like the tackle had nothing to do with whatever medical issue that man had. So Higgins shouldn't really think about it being his fault at all or feel bad exclusively more.  I'm sure everyone even the guys riding the bench feel terrible.   WTF  I aint ever seen someone just drop dead like that on the field. I've seen them wiggle wobble stumble and collapse but not like that.

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Would they intubate someone for that? 

It happened to a Centerville Lacrosse player as well but once they hit him with the AED he went back to normal in a few minutes.  This seems way worse. 

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

Guys - it’s likely a sudden cardiac event. 

I hope you're right 'cause that would take some heat off the NFL if it wasn't caused by the violence of the game

The fact that he stood up afterwards does suggest cardiac

Just got home a few minutes ago, read most of the thread.

For those of us there... you know more than we did or at least us from where we were 

sitting.  Typical spectacular Tee catch and tackle.

Then a mass of humanity with someone down.

No replay (of course) and they did not even announce the young man's name.

Ambulance on the field immediately, tended to him for a half hour.

Did see a bit of the CPR.

Some chat with officials, both teams went to the locker rooms.

Announcement that the game was "temporarily suspended", son and I left.

Listened on the radio and it was announced it was postponed just before I got home.

A guy in front of us had the replay on his cell phone and we did see that.

Not sure how many of you are soccer knowers - but something like this happened to a very well known soccer player for Denmark in 2021. 

he collapsed on the pitch and needed ten minutes of cpr. Had an undiagnosed cardiac condition. Actually made it back to play a year later and played in this year’s World Cup.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/denmark-den/story/4407267/denmarks-christian-eriksen-gone-before-cardiac-resuscitation-team-doctor?platform=amp

Archived