* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

25 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I highly doubt that they'll make the Bills forfeit this

Did the Bengals forfeit? Not trying to be insensitive but this has huge playoff implications. 

If it's ruled a TIE:

1. If it's ruled a tie then Bengals win AFC North over Ravens who were in the hunt still if we lost this game.

2. Bengals could be at best 3rd seed because of conference record if this is ruled a tie. 

3. Chiefs take over the #1 seed and win home field with a win against the Raiders. Bengals have no shot at 1 seed anymore, and Bills would have to win and KC lose to get back the 1 seed. 

If it's ruled a NO CONTEST: (some people want this)

1. The Bengals win the AFC North as the Ravens are 1.5 games back 

2. The Bengals could only be a 3 seed since the Bills have a better conference record if Bills/Bengals finish with same record next week

3. Chiefs take over #1 and home field if they win next week. If they lose and Buff wins then Buff takes 1 seed. 

If it's ruled the Bengals winning because of FORFEIT:

1. We win the AFC North

2. We are in the 2 seed and will get 1 seed if we win this week and KC loses to Raiders

3. Bills drop to 3rd seed and can still get the #1 seed if KC and Bengals lose and Bills win. 

I am not trying to be insensitive at all either and I hope he makes it through this and makes a full recovery but, If the Bills have any compassion at all for him, then they will Forfeit the game. There is no way it can be continued. Well, it can but, the NFL is not going to extend for another week for one game.  In the other scenarios, the Bengals are penalized for a rare injury not associated with their team.  That should not occur.  

5 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I am not trying to be insensitive at all either and I hope he makes it through this and makes a full recovery but, If the Bills have any compassion at all for him, then they will Forfeit the game. There is no way it can be continued. Well, it can but, the NFL is not going to extend for another week for one game.  In the other scenarios, the Bengals are penalized for a rare injury not associated with their team.  That should not occur.  

Exactly.. I see this being a Bills forfeit. It has to be this. Not sure how this affects the sports book. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Takes some brass balls to do the right thing and tell the NFL to go fuck themselves. I may have had some gripes about ZT but I couldn't be more impressed with him right now.

yea this seems to be getting blown out of proportion. They didn’t show any brass balls or anything but normal compassion. The officials did what the book says. If there is a long stoppage you get a warm up period. The nfl made every decision along the way from everything I can tell. Seems the coaches were like fuck this warming up shit let’s hit the locker rooms

regroup and wait for the nfl. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

reds just following the rules. They can’t call a game. And the nfl sure as fuck didn’t call in and say five minutes and it’s go time. Just the rules after a stoppage. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

good honest Dr. His videos are great. 

IMG_20230103_045638.jpg

Absolute bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Who the bleep is that? the ceo of phizer?  no one has said anything about the v word.

what the hell are you even on about? Tens of thousands of people mentioned the vaccine online in many posts and even in here. Get a fucking grip. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

It's been mentioned in this thread.

Ding. 

There was alot of discussion about the vaccine on twitter after this (both accusatory and defending it) ... Which is likely why this doctor discussed it. 

Ding. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Think the only people who know WTF happened are maybe the docs at UC and the news just said they're still running tests. Kooks on YT with an agenda need to put a sock in it.

Get a grip on yourself. What fucking angle even is this? What is it your mad about that he said?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

The prestigious and storied Facebook School of Medicine. They sure are handing out degrees lately 

Seriously. Two posts about a real doctor who makes videos describing and sharing info about health and injuries. What’s the problem here? Explain yourself. 

42 minutes ago, Gary said:

Since the refs were wanting to continue the game and the two coaches talking to each other then the players all leaving the field is this going to be a Bills forfeit? I know this game will not be continued. There is no way to continue it. It's got to go to the Bengals. 

7 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Back in my day the shoulder pads we used would cover your chest also. I bet these guys use tiny little pads that no longer covers the pectoral.

Ahhhhh.. I remember those. You had to tie them up too in front with the shoe laces running through the front of the pads.. Those were the days.. Huge shoulder pads that made us look funny when we ran. 

I hate to be a drag. Most fans were great. But man. Never fails. And I’m sure many stadiums would have some sort of assholes. 

but there were many fights. Most seems to have started with bengals fans being assholes about the stoppage and other fans putting them in check. 

a drunk twat near us called the bills player a pussy for needing a stretcher and ambulance. 

he almost got his ass locked twice. Minimum.  In case anyone knows his hat jersey jeans boots combo by heart can’t tell much but the dudes in white backwards hat and white jersey. He’s the one. He is worthless. 

C7ACCD3A-D0F5-422F-80EA-175F653A2E56.jpeg

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

Came from somewhere in the stadium. Everyone around is said it. Seems many heard on tv maybe? It was a thing somehow. 

It was mentioned on the TV broadcast I saw.  FWIW, it coincided with video showing Burrow taking some practice throws.  So it did seem like a plausible thing at the time.  Seemed weird.

Joe Buck said, they had 5 minutes to warm up.  I thought I remembered him saying this and I went back and double checked on DVR and he did say it.  This was when Burrow was warming up throwing the football.  So the players were informed by someone or Burrow would’ve never warmed up I am sure. 

Just now, TigerJ@w said:

Joe Buck said, they had 5 minutes to warm up.  I thought I remembered him saying this and I went back and double checked on DVR and he did say it.  This was when Burrow was warming up throwing the football.  So they players were informed by someone or Burrow would’ve never warmed up I am sure. 

The weirdest thing is that the Buffalo defense was lined up at the yard line to start play and the Bengals were still on the sidelines warming up.  

Somebody told the Bills to get back on the field...

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

Came from somewhere in the stadium. Everyone around is said it. Seems many heard on tv maybe? It was a thing somehow. 

Well some players were actually warming up (including Joe), so nobody can say that didn't happen.  Nobody except those involved knows who suggested or directed them to do so, they could have even done so of their own accord.  Joe Buck said specifically "they'll have five minutes to warm up" and he also said "that's the word we get from the league".  Soon after they said the league "command center" were the ones who made the decision to send the teams to their locker rooms to "regroup" and that the "teams are driving it".

27 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

It was mentioned on the TV broadcast I saw.  FWIW, it coincided with video showing Burrow taking some practice throws.  So it did seem like a plausible thing at the time.  Seemed weird.

Makes sense. Thanks. Made its way around the stadium quick. 

23 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Joe Buck said, they had 5 minutes to warm up.  I thought I remembered him saying this and I went back and double checked on DVR and he did say it.  This was when Burrow was warming up throwing the football.  So they players were informed by someone or Burrow would’ve never warmed up I am sure. 

For sure. 

21 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

The weirdest thing is that the Buffalo defense was lined up at the yard line to start play and the Bengals were still on the sidelines warming up.  

Somebody told the Bills to get back on the field...

I missed that. 

19 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well some players were actually warming up (including Joe), so nobody can say that didn't happen.  Nobody except those involved knows who suggested or directed them to do so, they could have even done so of their own accord.  Joe Buck said specifically "they'll have five minutes to warm up" and he also said "that's the word we get from the league".  Soon after they said the league "command center" were the ones who made the decision to send the teams to their locker rooms to "regroup" and that the "teams are driving it".

There we go. Man it’s wild people make up shit then it runs wild through the media and social and it’s shit that never even happened. “The coaches said fuck you nfl and left the field”. As fucking if. 

18 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Diggs was giving a speech telling players to get ready. 

Heard this too. Didn’t see it though. Was chatting with my son a lot. Not watching the field. 

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Back in my day the shoulder pads we used would cover your chest also. I bet these guys use tiny little pads that no longer covers the pectoral.

I think they wear chest plates..

Probably kevlar..

i think some lineman wear titanium braces.

The Bengals and Bills already had "good blood" between their franchises based on the last second Bengals win over the Ravens putting them in the playoffs, and then the donations to Andy's charity and later Allen's ... But now this will solidify their inter solidarity even more. It will be the opposite of a hated rivalry, where the teams fan bases actually like each other. 

That might make AFC championships awkward though over the next 5-10 years as Burrow and Allen battle it out. -- But it is a nice novelty within the sports world at the moment. 

Archived