* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

What's going thru that young mans mind must be overwhelming.

Prayin for him as well..

Exactly right. No one is mentioning Tee. That guy needs to know that none of this is his fault. I sure hope he's not feeling that way.

8 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

This was meant for Bart Scott mistakenly posted here

There should be repurcusions/revolt against ignorant and non-factual statements IMHO.  I understand the concept and need for free speech and all, but the explosion of social media, the attention grabbing for hits/views, etc. has reached a point of nonsense.  I've purposely ignored the Bart Scott crap, but hopefully there are some heavy hitter social and sports media personalities that are putting that fool in his place.

The last several posts regarding Tee at hospital, what he must be going thru emotionally/psychologically/physically, and how it will affect him in the future only underscores the insanity of the Bart Scott types and other stupid and insensitive comments.

7 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

There should be repurcusions/revolt against ignorant and non-factual statements IMHO.  I understand the concept and need for free speech and all, but the explosion of social media, the attention grabbing for hits/views, etc. has reached a point of nonsense.  I've purposely ignored the Bart Scott crap, but hopefully there are some heavy hitter social and sports media personalities that are putting that fool in his place.

The last several posts regarding Tee at hospital, what he must be going thru emotionally/psychologically/physically, and how it will affect him in the future only underscores the insanity of the Bart Scott types and other stupid and insensitive comments.

9 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

"Free Speech" doesn't mean we can say any damn fool thing that pops into our head without consequences of any kind. It just means the government in most cases can't preemptively stop us from saying it.  There's still an objective truth and consensus reality but a lot of people have rejected those things and found online echo chambers where their nonsense is validated, reinforced and amplified.

Likewise people like Bart Scott are given a global platform on which to spew their shit takes. I wouldn't have even known he was still alive until he made these dipshit comments. At some point mass media needs to stop signal boosting jackasses just for the sake of the rage clicks it brings them.

Regarding the lack of news: an ER/cardiology physician they had on NFL Network a few times yesterday said that if they are doing hypothermia treatment, we should expect that phase to last between 24 and 48 hours before they start slowly increasing his body temperature and weening him off the sedatives.  At some point after this begins they can only then start to assess brain function. 

FACT, there have been no comments from doctors or family members, other than that uncle talking about 50% oxygen levels. At this point in time no one knows what happened to him. Was it the contact that caused it? Or did he just have a heart attack? That does happen. Or did he have a massive stroke? That happens too. Until there is an official statement all of these news outlets are reporting on nothing and using this as the thing to get their clicks. 

2 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Most physicians who have had something to say (not just on YouTube) are fairly sure that it's Commotio cordis that caused his heart to stop.  Obviously anything is possible, but this seems like the most likely scenario. 

Fair enough, but until we hear from the doctor or family that is just speculation. 

3 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Most physicians who have had something to say (not just on YouTube) are fairly sure that it's Commotio cordis that caused his heart to stop.  Obviously anything is possible, but this seems like the most likely scenario. 

This is a leading speculation but Commotio cordis is also a diagnosis of exclusion as it implies a normal heart with no pre-existing factors.  So the tests that he will get over the days will be to prove that his heart is normal.  That doesn't mean much in terms of how they treat him now but what they will recommend for the future, i.e. does he get a defibrillator?  

Commotio cordis is very rare in adults and not often seen with impact from a shoulder as opposed to a small projectile so his physicians can't just say "well that's the reason" and leave it at that. 

Archived