* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I agree but a Jeff Ruby (Not So) Fun Fact... He survived the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire all those years ago.

Was in the main dining room listening to John Davidson perform and made it out safely.  Still traumatized by it

as one would think.

Source: Forbidden Fruit (History of Newport gang life... fascinating book) by Peter Bronson

I know I said I was stepping away from the keyboard for a few days, but wanted to share a few things that I had forgot about concerning Jeff Ruby, that are in this article.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/01/05/it-becomes-personal-me-jeff-ruby-caters-free-dinner-damar-hamlins-family/

10 minutes ago, MOC said:

I know I said I was stepping away from the keyboard for a few days, but wanted to share a few things that I had forgot about concerning Jeff Ruby, that are in this article.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/01/05/it-becomes-personal-me-jeff-ruby-caters-free-dinner-damar-hamlins-family/

I know what you mean but I am more comfortable here with the input of the others and esp YOU.

When I am away from here, it is always on my mind either the condition and recovery of the young man (foremost),

the affect on our team esp Tee and what the NFL is going to do about the game.

So.... yeah. 

Great news. 

Had to stop getting on twitter with all the nauseating takes of "It's a miracle" "prayers answered" 

Nope. 

Time to CPR and time to first shock. 

Those are what matter in cardiac arrest.  So thanks to the staff on the field and the doctors.  They are the ones who actually did something.  Not somebody who wasn't there. 

Learn CPR.  Make sure your gym and athletic club have AEDs.  My tennis club has one and I've heard of two people saved in the last 24 months because of quick thinking of a fellow player and the presence of an AED

6 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Great news. 

Had to stop getting on twitter with all the nauseating takes of "It's a miracle" "prayers answered" 

Nope. 

Time to CPR and time to first shock. 

Those are what matter in cardiac arrest.  So thanks to the staff on the field and the doctors.  They are the ones who actually did something.  Not somebody who wasn't there. 

Need to re-watch the Alec Baldwin speech from "Malice"

You could think what you want to think but to think that God had nothing to do with his recovery is more than nauseating 

Archived