* Bills @ Bengals - GameDay Thread *

2 hours ago, Elflocko said:

The show might be out of Cleveland, but this guy makes some great points. The NFL is a horrible organization if you're a player and aren't one of the lucky few who make bank:

That was excellent.  Rich Eisen has been mentioning guaranteed contracts, too -- albeit with not as much intensity.

4 hours ago, Elflocko said:

The show might be out of Cleveland, but this guy makes some great points. The NFL is a horrible organization if you're a player and aren't one of the lucky few who make bank:

Even though I am sure he is correct with the exception of leaving out many details when it comes to applying for disability with SSA and why they disapprove it is this, as one simple example, does he or anyone know the salary of our Military person and what they get if they die in a War or on active duty?  Well, they don't make what a single football player makes in a year in his first year, not even close, an average military person in their first year, $1,650 or what equates to $19,800 a year.  They get a gratuity payment of $12K if not in a War and $100K if they die on the combat field.  If there is no surviving family member nobody gets a dime.  They have to pay for Life Insurance and the policy only pays out to $400K.  They can sign up for a family Survivor Benefit Plan if they can afford it, where the family will get half of their salary for life.  It goes down as you age and if you remarry you get nothing after this.  Most starting out will never do this because the premiums are too high.  This is all before taxes of course.  We can't allow Uncle Sam to not get his cut, right.  Still not even close to his numbers for a first-year football player.  Do they even pay for life insurance or required to have it?  This guy is complaining about possibly, even rarely or if ever, that a football player may die on the field and what they will not get?  Really?  Come back to reality is what this guy needs.  Remember, it is just a game, like I have been told on here so many times.  

5 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Even though I am sure he is correct with the exception of leaving out many details when it comes to applying for disability with SSA and why they disapprove it is this, as one simple example, does he or anyone know the salary of our Military person and what they get if they die in a War or on active duty?  Well, they don't make what a single football player makes in a year in his first year, not even close, an average military person in their first year, $1,650 or what equates to $19,800 a year.  They get a gratuity payment of $12K if not in a War and $100K if they die on the combat field.  If there is no surviving family member nobody gets a dime.  They have to pay for Life Insurance and the policy only pays out to $400K.  They can sign up for a family Survivor Benefit Plan if they can afford it, where the family will get half of their salary for life.  It goes down as you age and if you remarry you get nothing after this.  Most starting out will never do this because the premiums are too high.  This is all before taxes of course.  We can't allow Uncle Sam to not get his cut, right.  Still not even close to his numbers for a first-year football player.  Do they even pay for life insurance or required to have it?  This guy is complaining about possibly, even rarely or if ever, that a football player may die on the field and what they will not get?  Really?  Come back to reality is what this guy needs.  Remember, it is just a game, like I have been told on here so many times.  

This thread and that post are about the NFL. Kindly take your rant to the J&W forum. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Elflocko said:

This thread and that post are about the NFL. Kindly take your rant to the J&W forum. Thanks. 

Nah, I will stay here.  Your input was about the NFL, but this is a Bengals board.  It had nothing to do with the Bengals, so how about you take your own advice and take it over there or at around the NFL.  Good to know what you think about our military though, thanks for letting me know.  I see three more people do not like our military.  No surprise from this board.  A football players life is more important to four people on here. You know. The military who allowed the football player to be able to play a game to make millions just to play a game.  Pathetic! 

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

@tibor75 what parts of this would likely be considered still critical?

Waiting to cross a certain milestone…when they tell him the the Bills did not win the game.  🥷

”Damar, we have good news…and bad news.   The good news is that the Bills did not lose the game.  The bad news is that they also didn’t win it.”

46 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Waiting to cross a certain milestone…when they tell him the the Bills did not win the game.  🥷

”Damar, we have good news…and bad news.   The good news is that the Bills did not lose the game.  The bad news is that they also didn’t win it.”

AND you got a great deal on car insurance

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

AND you got a great deal on car insurance

Well, the Progressive “Don’t be like your parents” ads were obviously all based upon MY behavior patterns.  

I think they owe me a cut of their profits. 😎

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Whataboutism 

It is not about what about anything.  It is real life and you Jackwagons care more about one football player who plays a game, your words,  who didn’t die, than other things in life.  Admit it, you won’t or you will make up some excuse.  Plus, you all would not come back on this thread to talk about it if I did not hit a nerve.  I knew I could bait the likes of you back.  You get to hide on here too not knowing who gives thumbs up on here. I am sure you like that too along with your buddies.  

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

IDK it's some odd "awareness Olympics" thing where caring about Hamlin means you don't care about the plight of dolphins or whatever. I don't follow the logic either.

Our military are Dolphins?  You are a pathetic little piece of dung! Scumbag!   

14 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

It is not about what about anything.  It is real life and you Jackwagons care more about one football player who plays a game, your words,  who didn’t die, than other things in life.  Admit it, you won’t or you will make up some excuse.  Plus, you all would not come back on this thread to talk about it if I did not hit a nerve.  I knew I could bait the likes of you back.  You get to hide on here too not knowing who gives thumbs up on here. I am sure you like that too along with your buddies.  

You do understand that he did die and was resuscitated right? Like had they not did what they did on that field, he would not have come back to life.

But regardless of that why are you wanting to "bait me back" that is weird. 

Finally and I'm pretty much done with you after this post, maybe look up what whataboutism is, because it was exactly what you did.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

You do understand that he did die and was resuscitated right? Like had they not did what they did on that field, he would not have come back to life.

But regardless of that why are you wanting to "bait me back" that is weird. 

Finally and I'm pretty much done with you after this post, maybe look up what whataboutism is, because it was exactly what you did.

Dude, I told LT I would stop and this is my last post, Fk Your Whataboutisms!  I am a realist and you can stick your BS where the Sun does not shine.  I was not trying to bait you, it is that I knew it would because I know your patterns because of how you post on here all the time.  You don’t think I don’t know what occurred. I am not obtuse!  Make sure you keep donating to his cause or did you since you care so much and if you did, show the receipts. You won’t.  I won’t be replying to you anymore. 

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

Dude, I told LT I would stop and this is my last post, Fk Your Whataboutisms!  I am a realist and you can stick your BS where the Sun does not shine.  I was not trying to bait you, it is that I knew it would because I know your patterns because of how you post on here all the time.  You don’t think I don’t know what occurred. I am not obtuse!  Make sure you keep donating to his cause or did you since you care so much and if you did, show the receipts. You won’t.  I won’t be replying to you anymore. 

Stay mad.

Archived